Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla looked awful that hat was overpowering for her, and those pleats..Oy Vey...
Chelsey looks like she alot of miles on her young face..all that partying is starting to show.

I actually loved Camillas hat. Kinda reminded me of a bubble from the side. Didn't like Tara Palmer Tomkinson. The colour was quite nice but it was too much blue and the hat was as weird as eugenies one. Beatrice was dress really nice and I loved the shoes but the hat is just weird.
Anybody has pictures from the spencer sisters? I thought they looked lovely and they're really pretty but I can't find pictures showing their outfits clearly.

I really don't get these decisions/choices

& just wondering here ... could the Princess Royal have worn a uniform?
She does have uniforms even though, like Edward, she has never actually served in a military unit (as far as I know)

I really don't think anyone who hasn't served should wear a military uniform.

(I thought Edward should have worn morning dress. )

I do wonder if all the CP couples called each other and said Thursday night wear red and Fri pink/coral- ;) no jk ....

I thought there were only a few misses- Eugenie, Bea, and Chelsy....Mathilde wasn't perfect but....not the worst for sure

I would say that the worst thing about Eugenie's jacket is that the fit isn't good, with a better fit, a bit shorter sleeves and without those bows in front it would look better. The colour suits her, and a knee-length pencil skirt instead of the "balloon" skirt it would have been a much better choice.

In other words - change everything about it except the colour :lol:

Mirabel -- I agree with you about Edward et. al.
I was raised in the Army & know what it is to be a military family.
If one hasn't served, one shouldn't wear the uniform.

Sometines Chelsey's choices of attire remind me of something Sarah would have done.She is much more intellectual than Sarah but the clothes she wears sometimes borders on tacky or overtly seductive.If she were ever to marry Harry she would be savaged by the press partly because she would be constantly compared to Catherine.

What's with Victoria Beckham's horrible shoes? Not a good choice when one is pregnant.

I love how Princess Victoria dress up to this wedding she looks absolutly stunning.
Letizia looks good too I liked the hat.
Charlene looks great too.
Lalla Salma caftan is so beautiful that i could not stop watching her pics loove the jewelery.
did you notice Victoria Beckham shoes.:D

grevinnan said:
...and what is the connection between pregnancy and shoes?

6 inches heels ? 7 months pregnant? Really? Pain....fear of tripping and falling....etc

Mirabel said:

Edward did serve in the Royal Marines for a period of time.

Duke of Marmalade said:
While Letizia & Victoria topped my list on the evening event, I found their daytime outfits disappointing. Victoria looked tacky, Letizia matronly like dowdy auntie. She is no hat person at all, a fascinator would have looked better.

I liked Charlenes outfit, worst dressed easily the York sisters, especially Eugenie and Chelsey Davey looked awful.

To me, Victoria looked lovely. I didn't find it tacky at all. The Yorks, those hats...good grief!!! I mean, WOW!. They seem like such nice girls and they are so pretty when they get it right. Pitty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edward was an officer cadet in the royal marines in 1986/87.
Princess Anne has never served, but I believe she certainly deserved to wear the uniforms she does.

Victoria Beckham had no trouble whatsoever walking in those shoes (although how she manages is a mystery), obviously proving that there's no reason a pregnant woman can't wear the highest heels. I am reading they were self-styled, but they look like Laboutin's. We need a sticky thread with a run down of who wore what and who designed it.

Both Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie could have done so much better. Beatrice in particular looked as if she didn't like her own look, perhaps relied way too much on Westwood - and although I love VW, this was not the right dress for this occasion.

Edward did serve in the Royal Marines for a period of time.

Not really, he flunked out (or dropped out) of training after only four months. He never qualified, so I think he can't be said to have served, and, imo, he isn't entitled to wear the uniform.

(It seems intrinsically dishonest, frankly).

Last edited:
PrincessKaimi said:
Victoria Beckham had no trouble whatsoever walking in those shoes (although how she manages is a mystery), obviously proving that there's no reason a pregnant woman can't wear the highest heels. I am reading they were self-styled, but they look like Laboutin's. We need a sticky thread with a run down of who wore what and who designed it..

They are Laboutin's the designer specially made for her with the stacked platform so she could wear the 6 inches heels preg-

Lovely photos of Letizia and her outfit: hat, shoes, purse, gloves:
Elle.es

Last edited:
Lovely photos of Letizia and her outfit: hat, shoes, purse, gloves:
Elle.es

Letizias shoes are really really pretty but her dress and the hat were not good. She should've wear a stronger colour such as red or so. She looks a bit sick in that colour.

Mirabel said:
Not really, he flunked out (or dropped out) of training after only four months. He never qualified, so I think he can't be said to have served, and, imo, he isn't entitled to wear the uniform.

(It seems intrinsically dishonest, frankly).

Yup, i just looked at wiki and it said he resigned his commission. I stand corrected. :)

Not really, he flunked out (or dropped out) of training almost at once. So he didn't truly serve, and, at least imo, he isn't entitled to wear the uniform.

4 months he was in training October 1986 to January 1987. All the royals have honourary appointments as Colonel in Chiefs or Commodores etc of various regiments/branches/corps. That doesn't mean they have any less entitlement to wear the military uniform belonging to their appointments IMO.

Would you say this when the royals turn out in November in military uniforms to honour the dead?

4 months he was in training October 1986 to January 1987. All the royals have honourary appointments as Colonel in Chiefs or Commodores etc of various regiments/branches/corps. That doesn't mean they have any less entitlement to wear the military uniform belonging to their appointments IMO.

Would you say this when the royals turn out in November in military uniforms to honour the dead?

I know about the honorary appointments; still, I wonder how Prince Phillip, Charles, Andrew, William and Harry feel when they see Edward in uniform?
They earned the right to wear theirs; Edward looks like well, a phony (and a hypocrite).

That probably sounds harsh, but I think it must bother the men and women who actually served.

I agree - I liked Mathildes outfit for the pre-wedding dinner. This costume and the hat seems somehow not to work on her.

I thought the color was too strong for her complexion & the style was too old. The hat had no shape or design to it which made it very boring. It's a shame because Mathilde can do so much better.

I know about the honorary appointments; still, I wonder how Prince Phillip, Charles, Andrew, William and Harry feel when they see Edward in uniform?
They earned the right to wear theirs; Edward looks like well, a phony (and a hypocrite).

That probably sounds harsh, but I think it must bother the men and women who actually served.

All 5 of those men have worn uniforms for regiments that they haven't served in, isn't that as phoney as you suggest Edward is?
HM has worn military uniforms before, and she has only ever been an honourary member of the Womens Auxilary Territoral Forces.

Like I said, would you say this about Anne and Edward when they turn up to the remembrance service wearing uniforms to honour the military dead, but as you point out they have never served?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom