The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I noticed Queen Margrethe again wore the blue full dress uniform of the Teletubbies. She's pretty fond of those outfits.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Gentry

This year's winner for the most freaky hat at the royal wedding goes to Princess Beatrice! Looks like it was meant to hang her up by! OMG!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Has anybody seen Mathilde and Philippe ?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Aristocracy

My fashion thoughts:

-Camilla looked wonderful. Every bit the Royal Lady. The peach colour was very pretty, and the curly bits on her hat were cute

-Anne looked alright, but not the best I've seen her. The colours were nice, and the cut was flattering, but the pattern wasn't right

-Beatrice wore a nice dress, but blew a good look with her antlers fascinator, and she could have brushed her hair, and tied it up nicely.

-Eugenie had her hair in a nice bun, but looked terrible, otherwise. That dress was a shocker, and that fascinator looked like a dead bird of paradise It would help Beatrice's and Eugenie's images so much, if they could just dress better

As for the Bride and Groom, Wow! they looked so fairytale, and I love it that William, chose his bright red Irish guards uniform, when black and navy, are more common choices for royal Grooms.

Did anyone catch Princess Alexandra? I tried to look out for her when the minor Royals started coming out of their coachs, but I couldn't see her
Old 04-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Gentry

Chelsea Davy looks like she was up drinking and smoking all night...
Duchess, I couldn't even get a look at Eugenie's dress or hat.....I was, as they say, "gobsmacked" by Beatrice's "thing!"
Old 04-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

The York girl in blue.... was an absulate nightmare!!!! We should execute the stylist!!!

The other York in beige, was ok except the hat....she was like a rhinoceros!

Sorry for no name them, I'm mixing them.

Princess Anne, I liked

Queen Sofia, nice

Letizia, average and sad color

Charlene super!!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Gentry

I thought Princess Anne looked as good if not better than I have ever seen her. Thumbs up!
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Not yet but I am sure we will get pictures very soon.
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
first row, unfortunately no full view
http://g.api.no/obscura/pub/728x1000...3728x1000r.jpg
Old 04-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Majesty

i wonder about p mathildes necklace.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mathilde and Philippe now full view
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...CWOCOSC&w=true
Old 04-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Courtier

Beatrice & Eugenie -- no comment, I am still shaking an agony....

Victoria best, Letizia, Mathilde stunning. Letizia looking good but very unusual, her first hat -- not bad

I was a bit dissappointed, that they did not show more about the "Royal guests" during the wedding service. Celebrities and the British Royals very often instead. Shows very well the "importance" (o the lack of it) of foreign royals.

BYe Bine
Old 04-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I'm disappointed, Letizia's first hat outing (correct me if I'm wrong about that) and it's not great. I was imagining some fabulous fascinator.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Lalla Salma in a wonderful cream caftan which look silk gold embellishments on it. I love the color & the gold work, its very traditional & I love her classic hair do with it.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Old 04-29-2011, 08:40 AM

Who was the woman sitting behind the queen? That head dress, I could not called it a fascinator, was interesting! XD
Old 04-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaC View Post
Who was the woman sitting behind the queen? That head dress, I could not called it a fascinator, was interesting! XD
That was Princess Beatrice
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...zX65U/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...2Nd7G/x610.jpg
Old 04-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Courtier

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/...princesses.jpg
Old 04-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
first row, unfortunately no full view
http://g.api.no/obscura/pub/728x1000...3728x1000r.jpg
Thanks a lot, they looked very nice !!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
All I can say about Beatrice and Eugenie's outfits is that they definitely looked like they were going to a costume party or the Mardi Gras instead of a royal wedding. Let's hope that these girls don't have anything to do with the food or everyone at the receptions will be left with bad taste in their mouth.

Pippa Middleton looked absolutely gorgeous but I'm still debating on whether or not that dress would be more appropriate for an evening wedding. It did strike me how much the sisters do look alike. I would bet a dozen donuts though that she put a glint in Harry's eyes.

Princess Michael's hat was so big it was hard even to get a glimpse of her face. Was too large I think. Then again, there was some hats there that I could swear were planted by the BBC as satellite disks to send out the signals for the feed.

Anne? I thought the pattern she wore was a bit too busy. One thing I did catch though was her hubby Tim said something to her (not sure what it was) and I'm 95% sure what she said back to him was "as well you should". For some reason she didn't look overly happy.
******disclaimer******* This is MY take and my opinion and could be totally wrong.

Both Camilla and Carole looked fantastic! I didn't care that much for Camilla's hat but it did go nicely with the outfit. They both looked stately and elegant.

Last but not least, I have to say I love HM in yellow!! It really matched her wide smiles for every minute of this wedding.

There really wasn't that much attention given to the foreign royals as there was for Victoria and Daniel's wedding when they walked, then stopped for photos etc. This is one thing that I wish they would have done with this wedding that they didn't. I'll have to look at the photos of them later.

Ahhhh.. what a happy day!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Majesty

who won the hat contest?
i like victorias outfit with the hat and all, but the hat itself would be boring
were victoria one of few with a big hat?