The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Lovely photos of Letizia and her outfit: hat, shoes, purse, gloves:
Elle.es
Letizias shoes are really really pretty but her dress and the hat were not good. She should've wear a stronger colour such as red or so. She looks a bit sick in that colour.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel

Not really, he flunked out (or dropped out) of training after only four months. He never qualified, so I think he can't be said to have served, and, imo, he isn't entitled to wear the uniform.

(It seems intrinsically dishonest, frankly).
Yup, i just looked at wiki and it said he resigned his commission. I stand corrected. :)

Old 04-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Not really, he flunked out (or dropped out) of training almost at once. So he didn't truly serve, and, at least imo, he isn't entitled to wear the uniform.
4 months he was in training October 1986 to January 1987. All the royals have honourary appointments as Colonel in Chiefs or Commodores etc of various regiments/branches/corps. That doesn't mean they have any less entitlement to wear the military uniform belonging to their appointments IMO.

Would you say this when the royals turn out in November in military uniforms to honour the dead?
Old 04-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Lovely photos of Letizia and her outfit: hat, shoes, purse, gloves:
Elle.es
I thought she wore her hat really well for someone who never wears hats
Old 04-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
4 months he was in training October 1986 to January 1987. All the royals have honourary appointments as Colonel in Chiefs or Commodores etc of various regiments/branches/corps. That doesn't mean they have any less entitlement to wear the military uniform belonging to their appointments IMO.

Would you say this when the royals turn out in November in military uniforms to honour the dead?
I know about the honorary appointments; still, I wonder how Prince Phillip, Charles, Andrew, William and Harry feel when they see Edward in uniform?
They earned the right to wear theirs; Edward looks like well, a phony (and a hypocrite).

That probably sounds harsh, but I think it must bother the men and women who actually served.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Hmmmm.... Not liking the shiny and the shoes
I agree - I liked Mathildes outfit for the pre-wedding dinner. This costume and the hat seems somehow not to work on her.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Princess Mathilde was wearing armani
Picture details
Old 04-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
I agree - I liked Mathildes outfit for the pre-wedding dinner. This costume and the hat seems somehow not to work on her.
I thought the color was too strong for her complexion & the style was too old. The hat had no shape or design to it which made it very boring. It's a shame because Mathilde can do so much better.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I know about the honorary appointments; still, I wonder how Prince Phillip, Charles, Andrew, William and Harry feel when they see Edward in uniform?
They earned the right to wear theirs; Edward looks like well, a phony (and a hypocrite).

That probably sounds harsh, but I think it must bother the men and women who actually served.
All 5 of those men have worn uniforms for regiments that they haven't served in, isn't that as phoney as you suggest Edward is?
HM has worn military uniforms before, and she has only ever been an honourary member of the Womens Auxilary Territoral Forces.

Like I said, would you say this about Anne and Edward when they turn up to the remembrance service wearing uniforms to honour the military dead, but as you point out they have never served?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahla10 View Post
I actually loved Camillas hat. Kinda reminded me of a bubble from the side.
Dear fellow posters, I am trying to get a good picture of Camillas hat - as for some reason, it absolutely looked familiar to me.
I am adding a picture of her from one of the last years Ascot races.....

http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/w...16-camilla.jpg

Unfortunately, the madhattery homepage is currently unavailable......
Old 04-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone have a picture of Lady Sarah Chatto? I saw walk into Westminster but I 've not seen a still photo of her. I really liked her dress...gunmetal grey with a 50s style I believe (unless I was looking at someone else).
Old 04-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Courtier

My take:

Worst-dressed: Beatrice. Very, very, very bad. The coat was horrid, the hat was frightening.

Best-dressed: Maxima, which is not something I usually say about her. The whole ensemble was very, very classy. 2nd Place is a tie between Sofia and Letizia.

Things that made me say WHY?!: Margrethe - seriously, she JUST WORE THAT TWO WEEKS AGO. Doesn't she have other clothing? And the hat is awful anyway. Samantha Cameron - can you say UNDERDRESSED? Sonja - creamy white and dark red don't match.

Does anyone have Anne-Marie or Tatiana? I haven't seen Tatiana at all, and all I got of AM was a back view partially blocked by her husband. Or Sonja? I saw her on TV and was immediately struck that her outfit didn't match, but the only picture I have isn't very good.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is there a pic of Maxima?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Is there a pic of Maxima?
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2...E110429128.jpg

http://www.ppe-agency.com/thumbs/Apr...E110429127.jpg

http://www.ppe-agency.com/thumbs/Apr...PE11042988.jpg

I can only find the back of Queen Anne Marie. I'm not sure the Nikolaos & Tatiana were invited to the wedding; only the pre-wedding dinner. I don't see any pictures of her.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/thumbs/Apr...PE11042931.jpg
Old 04-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Aristocracy

Finally found a picturer of the spencer sisters: Lady Kitty Spencer | Celebs at the wedding | Photos RoyalWedding | - hindustantimes.com

Well only 2 of the 3s but they looked lovely :) For me, some of the best-dressed women today!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
All 5 of those men have worn uniforms for regiments that they haven't served in, isn't that as phoney as you suggest Edward is?
HM has worn military uniforms before, and she has only ever been an honourary member of the Womens Auxilary Territoral Forces.

Like I said, would you say this about Anne and Edward when they turn up to the remembrance service wearing uniforms to honour the military dead, but as you point out they have never served?

I believe it is different for the Queen; she is the sovereign and therefore the head of all the military branches, at least symbolically.

Yes, the other men have worn uniforms for regiments they haven't served in, but my point is that they have actually performed military service. So it doesn't bother me.

(I can't explain, but it really doesn't bother me as much in Anne's case, either, since it just seems symbolic. She's kind of playing dress-up, in a sense.

BUT, for some reason I hate to see Edward swanking around in uniform when I know for a fact that he washed out! (Yes, he was allowed to resign, but I did read that his commanding officer at the time advised that he be allowed to do so).

I know that if I were in the military, Edward is the last person I'd want as my Colonel, honorary or not.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Nobility

Are there any photos of Mozah of Qatar? I thought she and the Emir were supposed to be attending the wedding.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Seriously, you have an issue solely with Edward wearing a uniform because he was forced in the forces through tradition and then was forced to "flunk" out because he had known damn well that the situation wouldn't suit him? Edward served for 4 months, obviously decided that the situation didn't suit him and asked to leave? Is there something so wrong about that?

It doesn't seem like you have a problem with Edward in a uniform, more Edward in general perhaps? As you see Anne as playing dress up and The Queen by your say so is allowed to wear military uniforms due to her role.

It's been a long day, think I must be getting a bit cranky. I'll bow out before I say something too crazy and go get myself a cup of tea before bedybies. Opinions differ of course.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Commoner

Royal Wedding: The Queen hosts VIP guests ahead of William and Kate's nuptials

gala gowns..so nice for Crown princess Letiza wonder whose the designer?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Sonja
http://static.vg.no/uploaded/image/b...953718_362.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...ScbsY/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...OOelQ/x610.jpg