The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Why would you assume if it's true she's doing her own make-up, she's going to walk down the aisle looking like a dog's breakfast? Give the girl some credit, here.
Bet we see that dark heavy eyeliner

Old 04-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

My favorite by far is Princess Victoria...so chic and elegant. Then Letizia looks wonderful in her dress. I loved all the scarlets and reds. I don't love the pointy things on the front of the Countess of Wessex's. But, who cares, can anyone identify that necklace?! Queen Sonja looked great in red but I don't like the feathers in the hair of someone of her age. Marie-Chantal looksgood, she always does but this dress was very bland. Bronze on Princess Michael looks fantastic! And I must the York girls looks amazing fo a change. Bea especially looks wonderful, the dress could be much better but SHE looks confident and radiant...she's coming into her own!!!!!

The arrival of QE2

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

Old 04-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Gentry

Have to agree that the royal ladies did themselves proud tonight.
Especially liked Letizia (lovely), Victoria (that red is stunning on her) and
Maria Theresa (again great in red). Normally not 100% on Princess Michael but that chocolate dress looks wonderful on her.
Thought that Charlene looked like she was trying too hard but lucky for her Beatrice showed up.
When the dress Bea showed up in hit my screen my first thought was that this dress looked like it came from a Las Vegas revue show.
Dear me that dress was horrid, especially in contrast to how elegant Eugenie looked.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Courtier

All the press comments/reports regarding Carole Middleton is really getting tiresome, honestly it smacks of classism and the people involved in some instances may well have a personal axe to grind, also including mention of the notorious uncle getting touch up on his tan. No one has seen CM yet and already she is getting criticism. One has to wonder just why there is no more criticism of Princess Beatrice .... when truly, at least in this case, she looks VERY questionable and that is putting it politely.

In a few hours there will be plenty of time criticize the Middletons after we have actually seen all their expected transgressions.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham
All the press comments/reports regarding Carole Middleton is really getting tiresome, honestly it smacks of classism and the people involved in some instances may well have a personal axe to grind, also including mention of the notorious uncle getting touch up on his tan. No one has seen CM yet and already she is getting criticism. One has to wonder just why there is no more criticism of Princess Beatrice .... when truly, at least in this case, she looks VERY questionable and that is putting it politely..
She did not attend this event so not sure what she was criticized for....
Old 04-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Serene Highness

Really liked Letizia and Marie-Chantal. So dissapointed, I haven't seen Maxima, and she's always stunning.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
She did not attend this event so not sure what she was criticized for....
Please see post #88
Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham

Please see post #88
I don't have #'s on my post bc I use the I phone app so sorry you'll have to tell me which one- and there were pics of her today w Kate, just not at this event

Edit- do you mean this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist
...... I also hope that Carole Middleton does not help - although her help would be well-intentioned no doubt, in my own humble opinion, I don't think that Carole Middleton is up to this type of assistance.

Because I really don't consider that much of a critical comment about Carole, just a light opinion....you can still like someone but not think they do makeup well
Old 04-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Nobility

I was quite surprised to see Charlene's dress; don't know what to think, on a second thought I do not like it.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 04-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
Letizia looked Stunning! Keep that one in the dress rotation (and throw out the pink ruffled skirt combo...)

Sofia looked like her normal elegant self.

QEII looked lovely, wish I had seen a bigger picture

Eugenie looked soo mature in her dress, at first I thought she was Prince Andrew's date!

Lastly, I didn't like Sophie's dress. The flaps on her chest looked like strange wings- ick.
When I saw the pictures of Andrew, I wondered where he picked up this this pretty young thing and how he managed to bring a date. It took me a while to realize it was Eugenie!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Nobility

Well, I think we'll know for sure if she did her own make-up if we see her dark eyeliner in its place; although I must say I admire her courage!

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Aristocracy

Autumn didn't even do her hair. I don't like that dress very unflattering. I love so many of the dresses still trying to find Princess Anne.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danishla
Well, I think we'll know for sure if she did her own make-up if we see her dark eyeliner in its place; although I must say I admire her courage!
We have this as a bit of comfort at least-

'Wedding planner Mark Niemierko says the princess-to-be took private lessons from London makeup artist Arabella Preston so she would be well prepared.
He reveals:
"She's had about three or four lessons with Kate at her private flat in Chelsea and has also gone, very privately to Clarence House. Arabella was suppose to be coming on the day as well but now she isn't, because Kate's comfortable and confident in doing it herself."

Oh dear! Now I am torn on worst dress between Autumn and Charlene
Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Any pictures of the Gloucesters?

Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Nobility

Autumn hasn't lost her baby weight yet

She might not have wanted something too fitted. The dress is too shiny though.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lady Gabriella STUNNING as always
Old 04-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Courtier

For me worst dress was MC. Hated it! It seemed too loose on top and the beige was not a great color. Pretty woman, shame about the dress.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Nobility

I think Autumn still has a bit of her baby weight to lose so that probably influenced her choice.The colour looks very nice on her.

Tags
catherine middleton, kate middleton, prince william, royal wedding