The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

William driving Kate to Clarence house in the aston - best moment of the day

Old 04-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

My favourite moment of the entire day was when the Duchess turned for a moment whilst stepping off the balcony with the Duke, clearly absorbing the magnitude of the day and those tens of thousands of people who had filled the Mall. The smile which ensued just said it all!

I think she was one very very awestruck woman.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Gentry

I absolutely loved the whole thing but if I had to chose, here are my top three:

1) When Harry peeked back at the bride coming down the isle and told William
2) The Balcony kiss
3) The drive off in the Aston Martin

There are too many other great moments to list What a brilliant day
Old 04-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
My favourite moment of the entire day was when the Duchess turned for a moment whilst stepping off the balcony with the Duke, clearly absorbing the magnitude of the day and those tens of thousands of people who had filled the Mall. The smile which ensued just said it all!

I think she was one very very awestruck woman.
She most certainly appeared to be. When they stepped out on the balcony, I thought I saw her say 'Oh my'. Very impressed by the crowds.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Taped NBC but watched CNN (mostly). Was disappointed that the foreign royals' arrival at the Abbey wasn't televised!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness

I watched mostly ABC (except when their feed cut out occasionally for a few seconds and turned to NBC) because I don't have cable until I read on the forums that PBS was carrying the BBC coverage, and I switched over immediately but it was already the balcony scene. But PBS keeps rebroadcasting the wedding coverage over the weekend and I've been watching again
Old 04-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Princess

Harry cried??? I MISSED that bit!!! When was this, during the ceremony or later?
It was when they first arrived, right when they got into the abbey. Will was talking to the bishop. If you watch you can see his puffy, tearful eyes and you see him wiping his tears a lot. That part made me want to cry. You could feel the love between the brothers.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

The whole thing. It was such a beautiful wedding, and I'm glad I sucked it up and stayed up all night to be able to watch it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think I have to admit that I found as a favorite part of all the coverage was that very odd moment where I felt I could leave the room, go to the bathroom, grab a quick snack and not feel like I've missed something.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:06 AM
Commoner

Impossible to pick one, but my personal highlights:

Harry's backward glance at the altar and comment to William. These two brothers, so different, are eternally bound.

Harry, like many a best man, developed a little crush on the bride. Watch him watching her when she first arrives at the altar. Adorable.

Kate's huge smile as she curtsied and the Queen's semi-repressed smile back. I saw mutual respect and liking.

The carriage ride back to the Palace. The weight of the world off her shoulders, Kate was again relaxed and sunny, clearly having a ball.

The salutes by the brothers on the way to the Abbey, and by the newlyweds as they returned to the Palace. Perfection.

The newlyweds leaving the Palace this morning, looking rested and comfortable in casual weekend clothes. Can you imagine the relief as they retreat to start their new life?
Old 05-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Aristocracy

Everything. The ceremony, the crowds, the hymns- I love hymns and classical music. And the awesome sight of Westminster Abbey.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:12 AM
Aristocracy

I always love watching the proud and sentimental look on the face of the father of the bride as he walks his daughter down the aisle. Personally, it was one of only two times I ever saw tears in my own father's eyes.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:20 AM

I loved the whole ceremony,it was so royal
My fav moments would have to be :
1. When Catherine was about to enter into the Abbey and she was looking at the crowd with her father and Pippa encouraging her.
2.When she approached to the altar and Will looked at her with love in his eyes and said she looked beautiful.
3.The kiss on the balcony
4.The walk down the aisle.I can't imagine what is it to enter the magesticf abbey and to see that almost 2.000 people inside are waiting for you,included the Queen herself! Kate may have felt overwhelmed,but she kept smiling.Her beauty is so radiant and her smile so sunny that she made me smile everu single time I looked at her.

I can't choose one singl emoment.The whole wedding was a fairytale and Kate made the perfect royal bride.Independant,proud,beautiful,elegant and with a big,happy smile.
I hope that this astonishing ceremony was just the beginning of their happy marriage.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Aristocracy

Biggest surprise?

Did anything surprise you about the Royal Wedding?

For me the biggest surprise was the flawless performance from James Middleton as he gave the reading. He knew the words very well as he very rarely had to look down, and yet he never sounded as though he was merely reciting. He delivered it with meaning and sincerity, and showed no trace of nerves. Magnificent job.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Gentry

I think my surprise was the dress. I absolutely loved her choice, but I had expected her to go with a slender dress (think Princess Alexandra). Obviously, a soft, flowing design would not have had the grandeur, but a straight skirt with a grand train could have worked. So when she got out of the car with a ballgown, I was amazed. (Please don't read "disappointed"--I was not at all disappointed. The gown is beautiful!)
Old 05-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Royal Highness

1. Catherine's tiara
2. Pippa's MoH dress
3. The foriegn royals' arrival at the Abbey wasn't televised
Old 05-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
Did anything surprise you about the Royal Wedding?

For me the biggest surprise was the flawless performance from James Middleton as he gave the reading. He knew the words very well as he very rarely had to look down, and yet he never sounded as though he was merely reciting. He delivered it with meaning and sincerity, and showed no trace of nerves. Magnificent job.
James Middleton did do a beautiful job didn't he. I really didn't have any surprises regarding the Middletons nor the Royal family. Other than perhaps Princess Beatrice's and Princess Eugenie's choices of attire. But, the young ladies tend to be daring in their clothing and hat choices.

I think Catherine was perfection and Pippa and the Middletons were wonderful. Notice when singing "God Save The Queen" Michael Middleton was very vocal and Carole Middleton very proper in not opening her mouth too far in singing.

Of course, my only complaint would be the little coverage of the foreign royals. Would have liked to have seen Lalla Salma more as well as the other European royals. I did not even see HSH Prince Albert nor Jordanian royals. What Queen Rania there? I had heard Queen Noor might be there.

The page boys and the young brides maids were all so adorable. So nice to see Lady Louise out and little Miss Grace was tooooo cute.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
What did you like in generally?
  1. Lady Lousie Windsor as a bridesmaid
  2. Kate's arrival
  3. Harry sneaking a peak at Catherine as she walked up the aisle. I didn't think it was an English tradition that the groom couldn't look at the bride until she was by his side. I thought that was only a Greek Orthodox thing. Then again they are part greek (From Prince Phillip's side).
  4. The vows (even though I didn't get to see all of it the first time)
  5. Kate's Curtsey to the Queen (even though I didn't get to see it the first time)
  6. The organized chaos of the crowds moving toward Buckingham Palace for the balcony kiss
  7. The balcony kisses - More than one!!!!
  8. The happy couple driving off in the Aston Marton convertable
Old 05-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Majesty

This is indeed a very difficult question to answer, but I'll give it a shot nonetheless.

I loved watching Lady Louise. She was so happy, and constantly smiling. Her enthusiastic waves on the balcony were priceless.

Grace's facial expressions and ear covering. Precious, really.

The looks between William and Catherine. I teared up.

The two kisses on the balcony. No need for an explanation there.

And of course many others.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Serene Highness

The amount of people that went to the Mall. What a beautiful site it was!
Catherine's "Wow" reflected my impression as well :).

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.