The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator

You would know better than I. Adult women in the US don't wear white to someone else's wedding. Children are, of course, not included in this.
They weren't in the United States they were in England. So, what's the problem?

Old 07-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I first saw a fascinator at the WillKat wedding.
To me it looked like an offensive weapon.

The next time I saw the word, it was here on TRF.
Someone had named themselves Fascinator....

Old 07-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Pippa is a young, attractive woman with an enviably good body so she would have gotten attention at the wedding no matter what she wore. I'm sure she wanted to look good at her sister's wedding and there's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean she was courting attention and it certainly doesn't mean she was asking to be stalked by paparazzi for the rest of her life.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
She may not want to be stalked, but she certainly flaunted herself needlessly in front of the public, and the interest in her is an outgrowth of that. Who wears a skin tight WHITE dress to perhaps the biggest televised event in history, and then decides the glare of the spotlight is too much?

Pippa knew what she was doing. She is a very plain faced girl and had she opted to wear a less ridiculous outfit to the wedding, the world would scarcely know her name.
This is absolutely ridiculous! Pippa was the Maid of Honor. You do realize that bridesmaids and Maids of Honor don't choose the color of their dresses or the style.... right?

This was Kate's wedding and she wanted all white and that is what her wedding attendants wore. As has been stated repeatedly, Kate was involved with every detail and had a specific vision of what she wanted. I am sure her mother and sister helped her tremendously, but it in the end the final decision was Kate's.

You can bet if Kate wanted puke green, Pippa would have been puke green on the wedding day.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
You would know better than I. Adult women in the US don't wear white to someone else's wedding. Children are, of course, not included in this.
If you are an invited GUEST, it's considered in bad taste. If you are part of the wedding party and that is what the bride chose for you to wear, it is not.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:38 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Non-Royal Fashion Awards: More Guests at the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's Wedding
Old 07-28-2011, 06:21 AM
Courtier

Thank you for this link IloveCP. Nice to look back at the outfits worn by certain guests. Of course I do agree with the article in that Carole Middelton was by far the best dressed for the occasion. The shade was so refreshingly different and the entire look was that of absolute elegance. Kate must have felt so very proud of her dear Mum.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Gentry

I fail to see where any of the negative comments on Pippa are coming from. Everything concerning her on the day was chosen by her sister, the bride.

1. She was chief bridesmaid or maid of honour or whatever the official title is because she was naturally enough asked by her sister the bride to whom she is very close.

2. She wore the dress... AGAIN chosen by and approved by the bride.. her sister !

3. She performed her duties on the day in an exemplery fashion and in no way demonstrated one single action which would even hint at attempting to hog anyone's limelight.

Its not her fault that such an extraordinary reaction followed because of the dress and how she looked in it. It was exquisite, it was amazing on her, and had Catherine been marrying in a local church to a local guy.... I think she would have chosen that very style of dress to get married IN... it was fabulous !!

Begrudgers..... get over it !! A very pretty girl looked sensational at her sister's wedding. Thats all.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

I think I was up to a bit of mischief earlier in this thread. Let me make my point with less teasing.

Pippa has a background in public relations and I don't think that she (AND KATE) were unaware of the interest her dress would attract. However, I do believe that they are surprised surprised by how much interest she has attracted and I sympathize with Pippa if she feels threatened in any way by paparazzi.

I also believe that she (AND KATE) could have opted for a different type of dress and no one would know Pippa's name.

Here is a perfect example: http://tinyurl.com/42b7ywc. If she (AND KATE) had opted to wear something similar, we would be saying "Pippa who?" I take back anything else I said that may have been offensive. My point is very straightforward and, I believe, uncontroversial.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
So it's the style of her dress that says 'you asked for it' to you?
IMO, Pippa's gown was lovely, but inappropriate as a bridesmaid gown. It was too revealing of her "parts." However, I am of a different age and taste and, therefore, notice things that are considered OK today, but make me cringe.

I've noticed that Kate, although very thin, jiggles a bit too much in the posterior. It was quite evident in the video of her and HM at the gown display.

They must wear thongs.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta

IMO, Pippa's gown was lovely, but inappropriate as a bridesmaid gown. It was too revealing of her "parts." However, I am of a different age and taste and, therefore, notice things that are considered OK today, but make me cringe.

I've noticed that Kate, although very thin, jiggles a bit too much in the posterior. It was quite evident in the video of her and HM at the gown display.

They must wear thongs.
Her "parts"? It was a floor length gown! It had modest cleavage, but certainly nothing inappropriate. Should she have worn an ill-fitting sack?
Old 08-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm 49 years old and usually quite attuned to clothing that's too tight or revealing. There was nothing about Pippa's dress that struck me as inappropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Her "parts"? It was a floor length gown! It had modest cleavage, but certainly nothing inappropriate. Should she have worn an ill-fitting sack?
Old 08-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'm 49 years old and usually quite attuned to clothing that's too tight or revealing. There was nothing about Pippa's dress that struck me as inappropriate.
I think Kitty is refering to Catherine and her "body parts" and the day she and the Queen viewed the Wedding Dress display.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
I think Kitty is refering to Catherine and her "body parts" and the day she and the Queen viewed the Wedding Dress display.
I doubt that, according to me she is really referring to Philippa (and her "parts" would, I think, be a too revealing upper part of the dress - in her opinion).
Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post

They must wear thongs.
Skippy, I was referring to this part of Kitty's post.
I don't happen to agree with her but I haven't really been paying close attention to either woman's "parts".
Looking back at the posts, I should have been more clear, my apologies.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
(snip).

They must wear thongs.
Kate and HM wear thongs? That's the best thing I've heard all day!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Kate and HM wear thongs? That's the best thing I've heard all day!
LOL, I can't stop laughing. I should make myself more clear, but I won't!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I doubt that, according to me she is really referring to Philippa (and her "parts" would, I think, be a too revealing upper part of the dress - in her opinion).
Actually, Skippy, I was speaking of her backside.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Aristocracy

Now that I have finally stopped laughing at the thongs joke. That was just too funny.

Speaking of Will & Kate's wedding. The knock offs of Kate's dress are starting to hit the market here in the U.S. This one is selling for over 1400.00$ which is not cheap for a knock off in my humble opinion.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

WOW! That is quite a replica. I think the price is fair at $1,400, maybe worth more as it is sans cones.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
WOW! That is quite a replica. I think the price is fair at $1,400, maybe worth more as it is sans cones.

I sure it's a fair price. I guess I am just frugal.!!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding