Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She needs her bouquet for the pictures. She wouldn't leave it now. It will be brought back.

So I've read, numerous times.

The procession seems a little not staged nor fake but surreal I guess. Now Catherine will have her own salute. Loving the head bowing.

I don't think so.
I don't think it was as grand as the Swedish wedding. V&D was also joyful whereas this was a serious affair. It doesn'tseem like a royal wedding. I don't think coverage of the other royal families would've changed that.

Or perhaps we hyped this wedding up too much.

Why is Kate not waving much?

Agree completely

At the start of the service William and Harry looked very nervous!

Why does she keep looking down when he salutes?

What in the world! Kate is barely waving and barely paying attention to the people. I'm not liking that at all.

Are they on the grounds of Buckingham Palace now?

Catherine is really beautiful, but really thin!

Just heard the first line of the National Anthem as William passed through Horse Guards.

I quit posting to watch, but I'm back now. :) LOVED Kate's dress - EVERYTHING I wanted her to wear!!!

The Queen's outfit was a nice choice as well - she really stood out in the yellow.

It looks to me like she's waving pretty much all the time.

She's HRH Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus.

No, she is HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, etc. etc.

She is not Princess William because William's official title ceased to be HRH Prince WIlliam of Wales once he became Duke of Cambridge. He's still a Prince and his name is still William but that is no longer part of his official title. And if it's not part of his, it isn't part of hers.

I think they've been waving loads. Their arms must be killing them!

She is not Princess William because William's official title ceased to be HRH Prince WIlliam of Wales once he became Duke of Cambridge. He's still a Prince and his name is still William but that is no longer part of his official title. And if it's not part of his, it isn't part of hers.

No, you're wrong. William did not lose his princely status or title. He is still HRH Prince William, and she is HRH Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus.

Prince Harry in the carriage with the kids hysterical!

What in the world! Kate is barely waving and barely paying attention to the people. I'm not liking that at all.

She's been waving and smiling pretty much the entire time.

Last edited:
Eliza is adorable! I see Harry and Pippa split up carriages.

Why does she keep looking down when he salutes?

She's acknowledging whatever is causing him to salute. (Either a salute being given to them, or the Cenotaph, or a standard or colour of one of the units of armed forces.)

William didn't ceased to be Prince William. just like his uncles he just gained another title. Thus, Catherine's title is Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge
Sophie is Princess Edward, countess of Wessex. Sarah was Princess Andrew, Duchess of York.
But they are/were just called Countess of Wessex and Duchess of York

I think Pippa looks amazing, she almost outshines her sister. The dress is very beautiful.

Oh I thought he was bowing at a fellow soldier he saw they are passing specific places and he is saluting and she is bowing I totally get it. Thanks

I don't think that is right. Charles is still Prince Charles, Andrew is still Prince Andrew etc. The Ducal title is an additional title so he'll still be Prince William. He will drop the "of Wales", but will still be Prince William so she'll be Princess William.

Back
Top Bottom