Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
but they don't "look" happy. they would be happier at the local registry office with 2 witnesses!

We get your point. We could disagree about this for days.

I also seem to remember people were complaining that Victoria showed too much emotion. Which goes to show you cant please everyone.

As long as William and Catherine are happy with what they have who are we to say its wrong?

Lovely wedding dress.They both look wonderful.

but they don't "look" happy. they would be happier at the local registry office with 2 witnesses!

Looks can be deceiving. They're tired, they're nervous, I'm sure they'd like to head back to BP and relax. They don't look pissed off, they don't look like they are going to run away, and they love each other.

Isn't that enough?

Okay, my brother just came to ask me what's up with Beatrice's hat. I think when an air force guy who has no interest in fashion asks what's on your head that's when you know you have a flop.
Oh and guys this is a religious ceremony. I have been to plenty of weddings where the couples didn't hold hands or giggle and looked serious. It is a serious occassion and I think the fact that they are taking it as such bodes greatly for their future together.
At least at Peter and Autumn's wedding, you could call her a butterfly. This time, people say she looks like a crab.

Yeah, not as romantic as Victoria & Daniel's wedding. That's ok, none of the BRF weddings are particularily romantic IMO.

Okay, my brother just came to ask me what's up with Beatrice's hat. I think when an air force guy who has no interest in fashion asks what's on your head that's when you know you have a flop.
Oh and guys this is a religious ceremony. I have been to plenty of weddings where the couples didn't hold hands or giggle and looked serious. It is a serious occassion and I think the fact that they are taking it as such bodes greatly for their future together.

The hat is so ugly. Why has she done this?????

Why do you want them to be like everyone else? Can't you let them be themselves and be happy? The way some of you are carrying on, they might as well get an annulment as soon as they leave the church.

Is asking them to hold hands, asking them to be like everyone else? Ultimately today they are simple a couple getting married are they not? That's probably the most important thing about today, not the titles, the royalty etc. That they are getting married. People saying that they would like it if they were showing a little more emotion, isn't asking them to be like the 'common' folk if you want to call them that IMO.

There are numerous people getting married today, celebrating birthdays or special occasions.

They should have picked more exciting music, it would of livened up the service a lot!

Why do you want them to be like everyone else? Can't you let them be themselves and be happy? The way some of you are carrying on, they might as well get an annulment as soon as they leave the church.

I agree. I actually get the feeling that Catherine is in danger of laughing (out of nerves) and that is why she can't look William in the eyes. That would be me too.

I also seem to remember people were complaining that Victoria showed too much emotion. Which goes to show you cant please everyone.

As long as William and Catherine are happy with what they have who are we to say its wrong?

I agree.

Looks can be deceiving. They're tired, they're nervous, I'm sure they'd like to head back to BP and relax. They don't look pissed off, they don't look like they are going to run away, and they love each other.

Isn't that enough?

And I agree with you as well.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

BTW, are they going to get their own subforum with their new titles?

i love the fact that when they look at each other they look like they want to burst into giggles

In terms of the emotions argument -I'm sure they're both nervous (i can't imagine how i'd feel if i knew BILLIONS Of people were watching my every facial expression on my wedding day - think of how they must feel!) - and, at least for me, when i'm nervous i'm not as expressive as i'd normally be.

Plus, it's a very solemn (happy, but still solemn) ceremony - so too much mushiness would be a bit inappropriate

If you want another Victoria and Daniel go rewatched their wedding!

I take Kate and William any day !!

MellyG said:
In terms of the emotions argument -I'm sure they're both nervous (i can't imagine how i'd feel if i knew BILLIONS Of people were watching my every facial expression on my wedding day - think of how they must feel!) - and, at least for me, when i'm nervous i'm not as expressive as i'd normally be.

Plus, it's a very solemn (happy, but still solemn) ceremony - so too much mushiness would be a bit inappropriate

Yup!! Totally agree, solem but happy!

I'm really disappointed with the train.
I hyped this wedding up so much that I got a big letdown:(

I don't think they would like to show emotions in front of this much pbulic. William saw firsthand what being open to the media did to his mother and both probably don't want to go that route.

I simple adore this song, it is so beautiful.

Lovely picture. The dress suits Catherine very much - didn't personally think she would go for lace, but it looks beautiful.

Finally a lively piece of music, now I can tell that this is a wedding not a funeral, his parents wedding had much better music selection without a doubt!

i love the fact that when they look at each other they look like they want to burst into giggles

I'm not seeing that.
What is there to giggle at...they look far from giggling.

I'm a bit excited about DoCambridge's (yes, I'm using her title) curtsey to the Queen.
Btw, would she call herself Catherine Wales or Catherine Cambridge? (Like Sophie uses Sophie Wessex)

Well I have to leave now, everyone enjoy the rest of the days festivities!

I'm a bit excited about DoCambridge's (yes, I'm using her title) curtsey to the Queen.
Btw, would she call herself Catherine Wales or Catherine Cambridge? (Like Sophie uses Sophie Wessex)

Probably Catherine Cambridge.

Back
Top Bottom