The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Is there a reason why Samantha Cameron did not wear a hat?
I thought that was very disrespectful.
I guess she was thinking about 'put her personal touch' to the outfit...She didn't get it

Old 05-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
And I heard (read) that she said "as well you should be." Maybe he remarked that he was getting a little hungry!
That was the take I got on it. Tim said something to her and it looked like she was quipping back at him "as well you should" or something similar. She was not smiling.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Courtier

Is anyone else disgusted by the growing practice of having professional lip-readers relating what the royals are saying privately to each other and pasting it all over the press? Their privacy is being appallingly abused, in my opinion.

As for the Princess Royal's supposedly saying '...rags to riches...' - as if!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Is there a reason why Samantha Cameron did not wear a hat?
I thought that was very disrespectful.
While I can see that what she did was not the norm, how is it 'disrespectful'? Its not like she shown up in a pairs of jeans and t-shirt... Was there some kind of dress code for Westminster Abbey?

Just curious...
Old 05-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
While I can see that what she did was not the norm, how is it 'disrespectful'? Its not like she shown up in a pairs of jeans and t-shirt... Was there some kind of dress code for Westminster Abbey?

Just curious...
I don't think she was completely hatless. She had a small thingamabob on the side of her head. She obviously wasn't disguising a satellite dish.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post

Just curious...
The invitation specified hats for women
Old 05-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think some of the "hats" worn by some of the attendees were far more disrespectful in their garish ridiculousness than the fact the Prime Minister's wife opted to not wear one at all.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle

Just curious...
If the invitation says to wear hats then she should've worn a hat. I don't know who she thinks she is, but that's disrespectful to not abide by the wishes of the couple. Of course there were lots of ridiculous hats but that's no excuse to not wear one.

Just like if the invite said do not wear a hat and someone showed up with a hat, that would be highly disrespectful. It's the principle that's all.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly
Is anyone else disgusted by the growing practice of having professional lip-readers relating what the royals are saying privately to each other and pasting it all over the press? Their privacy is being appallingly abused, in my opinion.
I wondered when someone would ask that and I've thought about....this was a very very very public day so my thinking on it is that this day their privacy was not violated....had someone been lip reading from a video taken while they in a home or on private vacation I would find it an invasion....truthfully even I could read her lips when she walked out onto the balcony

I guess my point is on this very public day I'm not sure that they had an accpectation of privacy as long as out in public view so thus not violated.....Does my explanation of my opinion make sense? Just my opinion
Old 05-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If the invitation says to wear hats then she should've worn a hat. I don't know who she thinks she is, but that's disrespectful to not abide by the wishes of the couple. Of course there were lots of ridiculous hats but that's no excuse to not wear one.

Just like if the invite said do not wear a hat and someone showed up with a hat, that would be highly disrespectful. It's the principle that's all.
She should have asked David Beckham for his one.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

She didn't wear a hat, it's not like she gave them the Bronx cheer as they were walking up the aisle. It wasn't an intentional slight, like she stood in front of the mirror that morning and said "I'm gonna stick it to those royals -- no hat for me! *evil laugh*"

Tara Palmer-Tompkinson was 100x more disrespectful to the Abbey in her ridiculous and vulgar get-up than Samantha Cameron not wearing a damn hat.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

The invitation didn't say anything about hats; indeed, it didn't say what women should wear at all.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine

She didn't wear a hat, it's not like she gave them the Bronx cheer as they were walking up the aisle..
What's a Bronx cheer?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
What's a Bronx cheer?

The middle finger.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Serene Highness

Argh! Tara Palmer-Tomkinson is a clear example that money can't buy you class and doesn't equal elegance and discretion. She really crave for any kind of attention, doesn't she?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
The middle finger.
LOL I was just going to ask!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine

She didn't wear a hat, it's not like she gave them the Bronx cheer as they were walking up the aisle. It wasn't an intentional slight, like she stood in front of the mirror that morning and said "I'm gonna stick it to those royals -- no hat for me! *evil laugh*"

Tara Palmer-Tompkinson was 100x more disrespectful to the Abbey in her ridiculous and vulgar get-up than Samantha Cameron not wearing a damn hat.
Bronx cheer...good one lol. No I don't think she thought evil toward them...but I do think as the prime ministers wife she should've made an effort. Forget the hat her entire getup was awful!

Who in the world is Tara Palmer?
Old 05-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Princess Lalla Salma didn't wear a hat either....
Old 05-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

For those who want to see I filmed the veil clip uploading it now!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Bronx cheer...good one lol. No I don't think she thought evil toward them...but I do think as the prime ministers wife she should've made an effort. Forget the hat her entire getup was awful!

Who in the world is Tara Palmer?
She's a presenter and model.

Some pics on the wedding Tara Palmer-Tomkinson dress: Brilliant in blue at Royal wedding | Mail Online
Old 05-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Here you go:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected.

She wears what appears to be a gray dress.
Oh Lady Sarah looks beautiful. Very classy!!!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding