The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2011, 01:59 AM
Commoner

Quote:
And can I just say how sweet and romantic it is that he consistantly asked her if she was ok- especially on the balcony .......it shows how caring he is and how aware he is of how overwhelming it could easily become for her!!!!
Before the engagement interview, he is supposed to have asked her protectively if she was OK. This is one of the lessons he learned from his parents' marriage, and one of the reasons I think they have a good chance at a successful marriage: he saw what happened when a young woman is thrown into royal life without preparation and protection. It seems he is providing both.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasMa View Post
Before the engagement interview, he is supposed to have asked her protectively if she was OK. This is one of the lessons he learned from his parents' marriage, and one of the reasons I think they have a good chance at a successful marriage: he saw what happened when a young woman is thrown into royal life without preparation and protection. It seems he is providing both.

One must remember of course that when Diana was asked what it would be like to take tea with the Queen she replied that she was used to it as she had done it all her life so the expectation was, that having grown up with the royals around her life she would cope and wasn't in the need of protection. She was an adult of course and had been with royals since she was born.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:35 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
One must remember of course that when Diana was asked what it would be like to take tea with the Queen she replied that she was used to it as she had done it all her life so the expectation was, that having grown up with the royals around her life she would cope and wasn't in the need of protection. She was an adult of course and had been with royals since she was born.
Very true, although there's probably a vast difference between being around royals and being royal. And there's a vast difference between being 19 and being 28, or being from a broken home and being from an intact home, or marrying for dynasty versus marrying for love, or dating for 6 months versus dating for 8 years. Another factor that's different is the new press laws enacted since Diana's death, and the media's willingness to show some restraint -- of which Kate is the chief beneficiary. I only mean that everything that worked against Diana is flipped around to work in Kate's favor.

I meant no disrespect to Diana, or for that matter, Charles. They were obviously ill-matched, but under the rules of royal marriage in place at the time, it didn't matter. Marriage was for producing heirs, brides were to be virginal and silent, grooms found love elsewhere. Diana is responsible for shattering that outmoded model, and her wedding gift to William and Kate is that she made it possible for them to marry.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos:
IBL Bildbyrå gallery
Old 05-01-2011, 04:59 AM

Hi everybody, I have to 2 questions and hope you can answer it:
1) Why Kat was not given the title of princesses
2) Did the children of the Duchess of Cornwall attended the ceremony

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasMa View Post
Another little thing I noticed:

When Kate curtsied, she did not incline her head. She held the Queen's gaze, with a big smile on her face. The Queen did not look displeased. :-)
That was the perfect curtsey.One has to make and keep "eye-contact" with the Monarch you curtsey to at all times,so,well done Duchess of Cambridge!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Arab View Post

Thanks in advance.
Catherine,as her name is,automatically became a Princess upon her yes I do,but will be known as HRH The Duchess of Cambridge after the title bestowed upon her husband by HM The Queen.

Yes,the Duchess of Cornwall's children were in attendance,her granddaughter also was one of the brideschildren.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I read somewhere that the Cousin of the Queen has a company wedding planner? and she is the one who organized everything , anyone has any more informtain about it whoshe is?
The Lady Elizabeth Anson,cousin of HM.You can see her welcoming HM at the pre-wedding dinner at the Mandarin on thursday evening.

Btw,Lady Elizabeth's daughter is the godchild of HM Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands.
Maybe some remember how Queen Beatrix did attend the pre-wedding dinner of the Asturias couple,but flew to the UK on their wedding day to attend the wedding of her own godchild as she had promised to do way in advance of the announcement of the wedding date of the Crown Prince Felipe.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Arab View Post

Thanks in advance.
All the wives of princes are automatically princesses but the title of Duke is a peerage title.

To use the title Princess would mean that her husband was only a prince and not a peer of the realm.

Look at the Kents.

The senior of the Kent brothers is the Duke and his wife is the Duchess whereas the younger and more junior of the brothers is called Prince Michael and his wife is Princess Michael - because Michael has nothing else to use.

However all the wives of the Princes are Princesses but not in their own right - so we have The Princess Charles (Camilla), Princess William (Kate), The Princess Edward (Sophie), Princess Richard (Birgitte),n Princess Edward (Katherine - Duchess of Kent) and Princess Michael. However only Princess Michael uses that title. Yes Diana and Sarah were both Princesses - Princess Charles and Princess Andrew but never Princess Diana or Princess Sarah.

Princesses Beatrice, Eugenie, Anne and Alexandra have their own names because they were born Princesses.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:46 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
That was the perfect curtsey.One has to make and keep "eye-contact" with the Monarch you curtsey to at all times,so,well done Duchess of Cambridge!
I agree it was well done; I didn't mean to criticize Kate! I thought it was charming, as if the two of them were sharing a private moment.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Special site of the wedding:
Guillermo & Kate - Boda Real Inglesa | Especiales | ELMUNDO.es
Old 05-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Serene Highness

I have the question, when they went back to the palace as man and wife, William saluted many times, and than Cathrine bent down her head. Why?
Old 05-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
I have the question, when they went back to the palace as man and wife, William saluted many times, and than Cathrine bent down her head. Why?
To show her respect for the cause he was saluting.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Nobility

The Telegraph just announced it. NO prenuptial agreement.

Royal wedding: loving Prince William rejects prenuptial agreement

Prince William's whispered words to Catherine Middleton at the altar in Westminster Abbey, "you are beautiful", are not his only romantic gesture. The Duke of Cambridge, as he now is, refused to sign a prenuptial agreement with his fiancée.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks, I read it: "Once again, the Duke saluted when the carriage passed significant military monuments – and the Duchess in turn paid her respects by bowing her head at the same time."
Old 05-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
The Telegraph just announced it. NO prenuptial agreement.

Royal wedding: loving Prince William rejects prenuptial agreement

Prince William's whispered words to Catherine Middleton at the altar in Westminster Abbey, "you are beautiful", are not his only romantic gesture. The Duke of Cambridge, as he now is, refused to sign a prenuptial agreement with his fiancée.
Somehow I'm not too surprised, and I don't think they'll ever need a prenup--they're doing everything right as far as I can tell. I think this will be one of the strongest Royal marriage, on par with perhaps HM and DoE's marriage.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

No pre-nup? No matter how much they love each other, that's still odd for royals. I mean, even Frederik and Mary had a pre-nuptial agreement. I'm glad they bucked that trend, though.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-01-2011, 10:48 AM

There's one thing I didn't quite get... in the article about what lip-readers think the royalties actually said to each other during the wedding,it was stated that in the carriage William told Kate sth like "I don't think you should bow quite yet,you can just bow with your head"
What was he reffering to?The salutes in the carriage or the curtsy to the Queen?
Thanks in advance
Old 05-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Commoner

I don't know if this is the place to ask this question, but I'll ask anyway. Do the royal women always curtsey to each other (according to rank), or do they only do it in public? It would seem kind of strange if they were getting together for a family dinner and all of a sudden Kate had to curtsey to Camilla...
Old 05-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
No pre-nup? No matter how much they love each other, that's still odd for royals. I mean, even Frederik and Mary had a pre-nuptial agreement. I'm glad they bucked that trend, though.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but pre-nups are not a trend/tradition among British royals? I don't believe Charles and Diana or Andrew and Sarah had one. I know Frederik and Mary and Victoria and Daniel did. I *think* Grace and Rainier did too. A big stipulation of those pre-nups concerned the custody of the children who as heirs to the throne, custody is primarily granted to the royal parent to ensure they grow up in the country they will one day rule.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding