The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Commoner

hey everyone, come on lets move on and smile! we are all here for a reason! I mean come on, we come from different countries its not easy to get a chance to at least talk! :P
heres something funny to cheer everyone up!

priest doing funny stuffs in the church! LMAO! anyone seen it?
now im wondering if the bishops do that inside when kate and william were signing haha! just like the T-mobile youtube vid!

Old 04-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
So much history; so much grandeur; so much beauty; so much to reflect on. We thank you, your Royal Highnesses and wish you both all that is good, fulfilling and happy. You did Britain and the Commonwealth proud.
Very nicely put. I agree wholeheartedly.

I confess I was a bit disappointed at the lack of coverage of the arrival of the other Royals. I was looking forward to that part and I don't think it would have hurt to spent five or ten minutes covering them, but hopefully I'll find pics of them somewhere.

I thought Kate looked wonderful. Her dress was elegant and beautiful and I thought she handled it all very well.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

Where some folks here and there say" boring" i see dignity and britishness. This event doesn't need to be overhyped and cheesy (as the wedding of Victoria was, imho, in many ways ).
If you want this kind of stuff just watch this dreadful Lifetime TV thing.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyYun
hey everyone, come on lets move on and smile! we are all here for a reason! I mean come on, we come from different countries its not easy to get a chance to at least talk! :P

now im wondering if the bishops do that inside when kate and william were signing haha! just like the T-mobile youtube vid!
Hahaha that was hilarious.
He had to bust a move...he couldn't help it
Old 04-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Where some folks here and there say" boring" i see dignity and britishness. This event doesn't need to be overhyped and cheesy (as the wedding of Victoria was, imho, in many ways ).
If you want this kind of stuff just watch this dreadful Lifetime TV thing.
In my opinion no wedding has been as overhyped as this one. The hype in this case outdid the event itself which might explain some of the griping. Not that I'm complaining. I thought it a good wedding, the bride looked beautiful.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
Beautiful picture of what I didn't see during the TV coverage
http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/...166e970d-800wi
Oh...how lovely...so that is how her veil came to be pushed back..I am so annoyed that we didn't get to see that.

I was a little disappointed that she uncovered her face so early in the ceremony..if I remember correctly Diana and Sarah did not have their veils back until they emerged from the Chapel of St Edward the Confessor after signing the register......
Old 04-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyYun View Post

OMG TOO TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

He was letting loose wasn't he! I bet William and Catherine felt like doing that after they got married!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Commoner

they should invite the priest to the evening dinner haha! I bet he will be dancing crazily!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
In my opinion no wedding has been as overhyped as this one. The hype in this case outdid the event itself which might explain some of the griping. Not that I'm complaining. I thought it a good wedding, the bride looked beautiful.
So who did the hyping? Did someone promise a hollywood production? A Lady GaGa wedding dress? A gig down the aisle? If there was hype, it was done by those that expected something above and beyond a traditional royal wedding. Not the bride and groom, nor the RF.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
So who did the hyping? Did someone promise a hollywood production? A Lady GaGa wedding dress? A gig down the aisle? If there was hype, it was done by those that expected something above and beyond a traditional royal wedding. Not the bride and groom, nor the RF.
Of course it's the media that's responsible for the hype. I thought that was implied. I don't think anyone suggested otherwise.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat

What are you talking about? The hyping was done by the media. The media either made people more or less excited. Of course it wouldn't be hyped by the royal family...especially the groom.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

Interestingly some guy on Sky just told that Diana's funeral was so unbritish, so unroyal in some ways (on the feelings expressed for exemple) but much like a celebrity thing.He was glad that today the Windsors were back at their best in a spotless, royal and unmistakably british event.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
What are you talking about? The hyping was done by the media. The media either made people more or less excited. Of course it wouldn't be hyped by the royal family...especially the groom.
The media did nothing more than what we were doing here day in and day out for months. Speculating and repeating rumours.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Courtier

People can get excited but they don't have to believe everything they read. None of the hype came from the royals so why believe it.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
People can get excited but they don't have to believe everything they read. None of the hype came from the royals so why believe it.
Exactly. I enjoyed some of the commentary, but the excitement was my own. I enjoyed every moment just as I did Charles and Diana's wedding.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I was very pleasantly surprised. The British and American tabloids constantly yammered about William and Kate putting their own "non traditional mark" on every part of the ceremony, but all I saw was reverence for tradition, dignity and deep spirituality...not Kanye West leading the congregation in a rap version of "God Save The Queen" like stupid Star or People Mag seemed to insinuate!

Good taste dictated the entire day from start to finish.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Royal Highness

Everything got me hyped- the media, this forum, having seen Daniel and Victoria's wedding, stuff released by the palace-Every bit had a part, I just love a royal wedding....and I've gone back and forth a bit and changed my mind but have now settled on happiness, and excitment with the day and everything :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23
...not Kanye West leading a rap version of "God Save The Queen" like stupid Star or People Mag seemed to insinuate!
LMAO picturing this!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

They didn't look bored to me, they just seemed nervous. I mean, there were massive amounts of people watching and I can't even imagine how nerve-wracking that was for them. Especially since Harry said they would have loved to have a small wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Um I will surely tune in to more weddings and give my opinion on it...whether bad or good. I don't understand you people. I say my opinion and you all get upset. Well this how I feel. It was boring. Even though it was a royal wedding, it was boring...I'm sorry if it's putting you in a tiff that's how I feel. I've never been one to mince on words...I say what I feel about something. Downfall or not.
To be honest, I think all weddings are a bit boring. Parts of this wedding were boring, just like parts of Victoria and Daniel's and every other royal wedding I've watched. For me though, the boring bits don't take away from the wedding as a whole. I thought this one was absolutely lovely.

People keep harping on all the affection in Victoria and Daniel's ceremony, but I thought it was kind of one sided. Victoria seemed way more affectionate than Daniel. He actually seemed really overwhelmed and nervous (the same look Catherine and William were sporting today). He didn't actually loosen up until they got to the reception.

I know some wanted them to be more like Victoria and Daniel, but that's just not Catherine and William's way. They are a lot more subtle with their affection. There was a moment in the carriage where they held hands as they were going under the arch and immediately stopped when they came through the other side. It might be disappointing to not see them hugged up, but it doesn't mean they aren't happy.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Nobility

One of my favorite moments was very early on. When William and Harry were moving into their places just as the bride was arriving at the abbey, he passed through the aisle between the royal family and the foreign royals. Tim Laurence was seated at the end of the row, and when William passed by looking very nervous, Tim gave him a reassuring smile. It was a quick moment, but it was nice to see William getting a little support at a crucial moment.

Just before that, Harry was fiddling with a program. He handed it to a footman (I think?) who didn't take it, but a guest sitting nearby grabbed it instead!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Majesty

I think one of the problems is that people are able to see all the different ways that the different royal houses do things and expected the Brits to do the same things as other royals do.

The British do things there way - and the way they do things is exactly what happened yesterday - pomp and circumstance, dignified and traditional religious ceremony, short balcony appearance and then privacy.

The British public though are encouraged to join in by having their own parties etc and that is how they get involved.

I prefer the British way - but maybe that is because that is the one I grew up with and I like the British way of keeping a large part of the day private and share the important part - the religious service (even with Charles and Camilla - it was the religious blessing that was shared with the world).

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding