The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

BBC News - Royal wedding: William drives bride in Aston Martin
Royal wedding: William drives bride in Aston Martin

Old 04-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Nobility

royal weddings (in Scandinavia) are windows for an international audience that these countries do not normally have (for their size and economic power). The only "celebrities" identifiable by the international press is these royal families. Politicians and celebrities Swedish and Danish are unknown by all. After those marriages if you look foreign newspapers, there are only illustrated with photos of members of royal families. That's like that in the press in French, Spanish, etc. ... From Victoria's wedding I saw in the French press only photographs of royals. This is not the case with the English royal family. Most are well known politicals, celebrities, friends of the princes, Chelsy Davy, the Spencer family, fashion designers, journalists and reporters are known everywhere, so the coverage of the marriage may very well be without foreign royal families. It just cant be the case for the Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Belgian weddings.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Nobility

I compare this wedding with Victorias and Victoria won in every respect except: A bestman with a license to fly Apache always wins in my mind over a bestman that really dont do anything.

It was a typical English royal wedding "Overhyped, overdone and over there" and off course stiff upper lip english

WTF is it with BBC and only sending feeds over here and not showing any royals from other countries at all. I rather watch them walking into the church that pictures of a car driving
Old 04-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm still having a hard time understanding the criticism that they either looked sad, or bored, or angry, or otherwise like they had a million other places they'd rather be. There isn't a set of behaviors a bride and groom are supposed to exhibit during a wedding. Everyone is different. Victoria and Daniel were touchy-feely at the altar. These two weren't. That doesn't mean they don't love each other, or they wish they were somewhere else, so that they were bored. They were being watched by billions of people around the world, and were probably trying to quell their nerves enough to not burst into tears and/or fits of laughter.

I just.....gosh. I guess I want to know just what you all want from them.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanprincipesasturi View Post
Imagen 7136 « Los primeros invitados de la boda, de punta en blanco | Divinity
my prince is the best and most elegant

How ugly is the queen´s suit jajajajaj ¡¡¡¡yellow chicken !!!!, red colour is awful, the Prince Felipe of Spain was much more elegant in his wedding and now is just as handsome, is the best.
I have a suggestion for you! In future you must only watch the comings and goings of the Spanish Royal family. No need to be so nasty and disrespectful to the Queen and the British people!!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasMa
Well, Queen Penelope, some of us aren't overly impressed with FoxNews's accuracy in general. I'll take your version!
I'm 99.999% certain thats what he said if you read his lips. Anyone care to check it out and tell us what you think??
Old 04-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
The coverage of foreign royals isn't very good is it? I guess I've been spoiled by Victoria's wedding.
Aside from Sheikha Mozah, I still haven't seen the King and Queen of Malaysia.

Here's the Sultan and Queen of Brunei: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8...0620026001.jpg
Well according to the BBC anchor, Huw Edwards, Princess Lalla Salma of Thailand attended the wedding - just goes to show the overall quality of coverage took no tips from Sweden.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

What a beautiful service. I appreciated how seriously the couple took the worship service, their vows, etc. and felt the service showed a nice level of reverence. I loved the balance between tradition and modernity. The friendship, love, and respect between William and Catherine was so evident. I loved the surprises, especially the Aston Martin, as well as the sincere and genuine reactions (as when Harry and William saw first saw Catherine or when Catherine's surprise at the crowd levels when she came out on the balcony, and the way she looked back on her way back inside).
Old 04-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasMa View Post
My gripe about the coverage: They spent so much time showing wide shots of the abbey, and closeups of the guests, that I missed a few moments that I wanted to see. When William first saw Kate, we were getting an overhead shot; I would like to have seen his first reaction. Also, whenever Kate's blusher was lifted and pulled back, we were looking at guest closeups. Did her father lift it?
Completely Agree! I felt like we didn't see William and Catherine at all. I'd rather see the couple or VIPS instead of members of the General Congregation. Also very mad about the lack of foreign royal coverage! I think I have only seen Victoria and Daniel!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I'm still having a hard time understanding the criticism that they either looked sad, or bored, or angry, or otherwise like they had a million other places they'd rather be. There isn't a set of behaviors a bride and groom are supposed to exhibit during a wedding. Everyone is different. Victoria and Daniel were touchy-feely at the altar. These two weren't. That doesn't mean they don't love each other, or they wish they were somewhere else, so that they were bored. They were being watched by billions of people around the world, and were probably trying to quell their nerves enough to not burst into tears and/or fits of laughter.

How about emotions for starters? UK was The special one once, now not so much.

If Diana had been alive the wedding would be more like a happy wedding. Now the queen had to much influence over the wedding.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Oona View Post
Completely Agree! I felt like we didn't see William and Catherine at all. I'd rather see the couple or VIPS instead of members of the General Congregation. Also very mad about the lack of foreign royal coverage! I think I have only seen Victoria and Daniel!
I spent my lunch watching the royals enter the church and there were NO PICTURES of Victoria and Daniel and i saw it on a Swedish channel with a feed from BBC.

And we have a (alibi)wedding to look forward in July in Monaco and let me say this: I dont have any hopes at all for a beautiful wedding, just exellent weather
Old 04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Courtier

What does the Queen have to do with William and Catherines emotions she has no control over that. They just don't seem the type to be overly affectionate in public that is not a crime to me they looked happy and comfortable with each other and happiness is an emotion.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7f_FNeQHZs...4/s1600/22.jpg

Very nice picture!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Courtier

I'm sure Albert and Charlene's wedding will be beautiful because it will be what they want.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine

I just think they were very nervous with everyone watching which is why they may have looked like they would rather be anywhere but the Abbey!!! LOL. You could tell they were so much more relaxed when they left the Abbey.

Much like everyone else, my gripe is that none of the broadcasters did a very good job with the arrivals. They pretty much ignored the foreign royals, and as much as I like him, how many times did I really need to see Elton John in the audience after he was seated. Oh, and the guy who did the engagement interview, yeah, him too!!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Nobility

On the contrary I prefer the dignity and restraint of this couple in Victoria very mannered and who finished by annoying seriously me and I prefer the choir and music today that the "guimauve song" wrote by the former member of Abba. Daniel was not more "active " as William today. Victoria only her spent her time moving his head from right to left.

UK was The special one once, now not so much. For the majority of commentators on TV and newspapers on line, it was The special one. Just remember that after the wedding of Victoria a poll show just a 56% in favor of the monarchy in Sweden. Skynews just gave the result of the same^poll regarding the british monarchy and it's a result of ...80%. So ok, but in fact Victoria seems not to have convinced in Sweden. I know the result are better now in Sweden for the royal family. And I'm happy because I really really love Victoria and Daniel. But sorry they are not modern because they are touchy
Old 04-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!!..what a beautiful wedding..=)

Old 04-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Nobility

Service Music

Everything about this wedding can be described in four words "elegant, beautiful, understated, British!

As a musician, I thought that the music was wonderfully done and thoughtfully chosen. And the long, long English tradition of impeccably done church music was in full view (and hearing). I loved that everybody knew and sang "Jerusalem." Perhaps purists would say it is over done (like "I Was Glad"), but I think they were perfect for such a wedding that sought to be both personal and national in emotion and importance.

A Great Day for the newly wedded couple and a Great Day for Britain and all who love Her!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Serene Highness

Regarding Catherine's curtsy to the Queen after the service: Every royal bride has done this and it is a tradition. William also bowed.

I'm sort of dissapointed by all the the grumbling. I thought it was beautifully done, everything went off without a hitch, and everyone had a great time!
HUZZAH!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74

I spent my lunch watching the royals enter the church and there were NO PICTURES of Victoria and Daniel and i saw it on a Swedish channel with a feed from BBC.

And we have a (alibi)wedding to look forward in July in Monaco and let me say this: I dont have any hopes at all for a beautiful wedding, just exellent weather
Yeah, hopefully the coverage of foreign royals will feature more prominently in Monaco. The only royals I saw today during the ceremony was Felipe - only because he's so tall!!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding