The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Aristocracy

How appropriate for the Middletons to commission jewelrey for this occassion that incorporates details from their coat of arms

Old 04-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Serene Highness

Her dress was exactly what I wanted! But I still don't know which tiara she wore!

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
Thank you, Britters. Thank you very kindly indeed

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
Her dress was exactly what I wanted! But I still don't know which tiara she wore!
The Scroll-
Old 04-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Well.. as William's dad has remarked, "they've practiced long enough"

It was very natural and I think too that both of them realized they were definitely under the watchful eyes of "royal protocol" all day. I think this though is a new one for the books. Two kisses on the balcony! I was laughing and chuckling to myself if they go for 3, they'd be looking for the baby bump before they left for the honeymoon.

Did anyone else notice besides me that during the processional back to BP whenever there was a meaningful moment where William saluted that Kate kind of silently bowed her head and glanced down in respect?
I found that touching.

Yes , I noticed the bowing of the head . This one done more than once, at the Cenoptaph and on the occasions when the Royal salute was played
Old 04-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Royal Wedding: Prince William kisses Kate Middleton on the balcony of Buckingham Palace during first appearance as man and wife - hellomagazine.com

Royal Wedding: Royal wedding: the procession - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Courtier

Loved it, loved it. loved it. The wedding was simple, Catherine was elegantly stunning and William looked very handsome. The little bridesmaids and page boys were just adorable and Pippa Middleton did a great job as maid of honour.
I wish them both masses of happiness.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Royal Highness

CNN saying while in the carriage the Duchess turned to her husband and said 'i'm so happy'- they read her lips!

So sweet!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

EEEEEEKKKKKKKKK;
Huw Edwards just said, "can't we just call them Prince William and Princess Catherine". And this man in a blue tie has said "Well in official communications they will be The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but I'm sure nobody will have no problem if you call her Princess Catherine. I can't believe it, this man works with Charles and Camilla apparently.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

Her comment when she first steped on to the balcony was "oh wow "
Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
EEEEEEKKKKKKKKK;
Huw Edwards just said, "can't we just call them Prince William and Princess Catherine". And this man in a blue tie has said "Well in official communications they will be The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but I'm sure nobody will have no problem if you call her Princess Catherine. I can't believe it, this man works with Charles and Camilla apparently.

As you say EEEEEEKKKKKK !!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Aristocracy

I love that she said that getting in the carriage. I also think it was a simple wedding for them and that is exactly what they wanted. I have to agree some of these News Commentators got it so wrong when talking.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:12 AM

Congratulations !!

Congratulations to Kate and William !!!
It's a fantastic wedding.

Thanks for the unic moment !!
Royal Highness

She did stumble a bit first coming in and looked at her father like eeeeek! :)

CNN lady just said so refreshing to see a royal wedding dress look classy? They've all looked classy haven't they?
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
A beautiful picture of Harry and Louise at the bottom of this article; ROYAL WEDDING 2011: Queen Elizabeth and the Windsors arrive at Westminster Abbey | Mail Online
I love that photo of Harry and Loise! I had to smile watching him in the carriage with the little ones as it seemed like he was the "big kid" and really trying to get them all hyped up about waving to the crowds. He does have a natural knack with little ones doesn't he?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Aristocracy

Showing more re-runs on the BBc. I must say Catherine looks like she has been doing this for years. Nice to see the D of E chatting to Pippa on the balcony
Old 04-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
EEEEEEKKKKKKKKK;
What eeeeeek? Most people will call her "Princess Catherine" anyway. Don't forget the "call me will" thing too ...
the "duchess" title seems something relatively difficult to understand as many think that Catherine is not a princess and "just" a duchess and was somewhat "downgraded" by the Queen.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
What eeeeeek? Most people will call her "Princess Catherine" anyway. Don't forget the "call me will" thing too ...
the "duchess" title seems something relatively difficult to understand as many think that Catherine is not a princess and "just" a duchess and was somewhat "downgraded" by the Queen.
She isn't a Princess, and the news reporter reporting on the royal wedding and a member of staff in the royal household shouldn't say on national television that she is one or that it's okay to call her one. Yes people, the press whatever will call her it because they either don't understand or they find it easier but such formal people shouldn't condone the use of the title when it shouldn't be used.
Aristocracy

An ideal opportunty to say "No, we should refer to them as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge because only Princesses of royal blood are Princess FirstName" but no they have to say it's ok. Even Diana used to correct people who called her Princess Diana. Grrrr.

From the BBC as well :o
Courtier

why did kate and william go off to that little room in the abbey?? i missed that part!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding