The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen121419 View Post
Did they just kiss once? Katie Couric missed the first kiss so they kept randomly replaying the kiss even while they were still on the balcony.
We actually got two kisses. The second lasted slightly longer than the first. Both very natural, no big build up or pomp, just endearing, sweet kisses (IMO)!

Old 04-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'd love to get a picture of Prince Charles lifting little Eliza Lopez (such a cutie !)

Old 04-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Commoner

Princess Beatrice's 'hat' - there's just nothing to say. Except that she'd have looked better with a bag on her head!

Did anyone else think the Duchess of Kent looked very frail as she arrived at the Abbey?
Majesty

were diana named somewhere in the service?
Heir Apparent

Well everything went great, good for them! But the dress was a big disappointment, it was very poor, the bouquet was too small too simple for the ocassion....
Old 04-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Commoner

KATE IS WONDERFUL
Simply love her!
German media compare her to Grace an I think Kate has the class and personality to be the next icon.
Royal Wedding: Kates Brautkleid - eine Hommage an Grace Kelly - Nachrichten Panorama - Specials - Hochzeit William & Kate - WELT ONLINE
Old 04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Courtier

Oh.... I loved it!!!

I can't read the 51 pages, so I'm just saying a couple of things.

- Kate's dress: very simple, but elegant, suited her well.
- Kate's hair: an up-do would have been more classical, but she looked nice
- William... well he had a uniform, so no comments here (by the way, my mom didn't like the colour at all; I trieed to explain, without success. )
- The Queen: nice nice colour, nice hat, nice brooch.
- I liked the Middleton family (this was my first sight of them): they were elegant and looked at ease
- Not sure about the trees in the church, but it was an original touch.

- I missed the balcony because I was having lunch.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Aristocracy

BBC have just said they've been told the manner in which William and Catherine will leave for the break at Clarence House at 3.30pm will be "really quite special".

More special than the landau? Equally special? I was going to go an get on with my day, but now I'll have to wait and see this!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Aristocracy

Ooh, such a lovely wedding! I'm been up since 5 am watching the coverage. I loved all those little smiles William and Kate gave to each other and that little laugh they shared at the beginning of the ceremony.

I have mixed feelings about the dress. For Kate, it's a stunning fashion-forward choice--not dowdy or matronly at all--and I like it's nods to previous royal gowns (Grace's and Margaret's come to mind). However, for Sarah Burton of McQueen...not as edgy or as original as it could be. But I'm glad Burton will now be known outside of the fashion community due to Kate's choice because Burton is an excellent designer.

The second kiss on the balcony was so sweet!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I'd love to get a picture of Prince Charles lifting little Eliza Lopez (such a cutie !)

http://gfx.nrk.no/GpqvAGKKfvDUDoYp92...gagWBag24g.jpg
Old 04-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

i liked the balcony scene kind of emotionel.
i guess now think became private and will be hard to get photos?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CordeliaFitzgerald

I have mixed feelings about the dress. For Kate, it's a stunning fashion-forward choice--not dowdy or matronly at all--and I like it's nods to previous royal gowns (Grace's and Margaret's come to mind)
Yes I so have mixed feelings but because it doesn't 'nod' to Grace in my opinion but almost copies it- but......no one in the news media seems to agree with me so maybe I am being to harsh-sorry I should be clearer, I just mean I expected something from her very new, different, never seen that would stun me but when I see it I can see how pretty it is but all I can think is gee it's just like Graces and not really an orignal so I was a bit disappointed- that's just my opinion though- maybe I'm not getting the details on TV and in pics it'll look different-

But again, I stress it's a very pretty gown
Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
BBC have just said they've been told the manner in which William and Catherine will leave for the break at Clarence House at 3.30pm will be "really quite special".

More special than the landau? Equally special? I was going to go an get on with my day, but now I'll have to wait and see this!

how far is it will they actully walk throgh the crowd?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Courtier

I wonder if Kate's dress wasn't a bit too simple. I mean, it was beautiful and elegant and I liked it, but that's just the kind of dress I would wear (well, with a shorter train or none, and perhaps no veil) and I'm much lower class than her and of course I'm not going to marry a prince
Old 04-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
how far is it will they actully walk throgh the crowd?
It's a stone's throw. Not far at all. I would have thought the security folks would be far too twitchy for them to walk today, but that would be fabulous.

Maybe they'll ride on horseback
Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassary View Post
Jen there were 2 kisses. Then you could see William appeared to say "no more".
Thanks, I will have to find a video. I saw more like 5-6 kisses.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought it was a lovely wedding; I liked Kate's dress very much indeed. (I was worried it would be as plain as CP Victoria's, but fortunately it was more elaborate, although still unfussy).

I also thought Carole Middleton looked elegant; I didn't realize her dress was sky blue, it looked pewter to me.

It was great to see that all the male Members of the RF wore military uniform; I wondered if they would be someone said they'd wear morning dress. So glad they didn't.

The only disappointment for me was some of the television coverage (Instead of keeping the cameras on the choir the entire time, why not show some of the congregation? They didn't even show many of the guests!)
Old 04-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Aristocracy

I loved Catherine's dress. It reminded me of Princess Grace of Monaco's wedding dress, the lace overlay. Gorgeous day!! Fabulous ceremony and 2 KISSES!!!

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge :)
Old 04-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
(Instead of keeping the cameras on the choir the entire time, why not show some of the congregation? They didn't even show many of the guests!)
I too was dissapointed by the lack of congregation coverage. Though one could hardly miss the Queen of Denmark. Not even a wedding could influence Margrethe to have opted for a new outfit and hat

I was pleased that HM was seated first amongst the foreign royal representation.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Aristocracy

I don't have time to read 51 pages of posts, so here are some of my thoughts. Sorry if I repeat what others have said.

Catherine's dress was beautiful, yes a bit of a nod to Princess Grace, this was commented one by the BBC.She looked very elegant. The flowers were just right, a simple arrangement of Lily of the Valley. They would have smelt gorgeous !

I did think she might have worn the Strathmore Rose, SisterMorphine we both got that one wrong ,but it was lovely to see the Queen Mothers Scroll Tiara , as I don't believe that this has been worn for about 30 years. I am sure that if I am wrong someone will correct me.

I wonder if the something special when William and Catherine leave for Clarence House is that they will walk there, there is not really much distance between the two palaces in terms of a "walkabout"

I loved Pippa Middleton's dress very elegant. My husband (what do men know ) suggested that Beatrice and Eugunie looked like a pair of carthorses dressed as thoughbreds Ouch !
Not one kiss but two, wonderful !!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding