Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Completely Agree! I felt like we didn't see William and Catherine at all. I'd rather see the couple or VIPS instead of members of the General Congregation. Also very mad about the lack of foreign royal coverage! I think I have only seen Victoria and Daniel!

I spent my lunch watching the royals enter the church and there were NO PICTURES of Victoria and Daniel and i saw it on a Swedish channel with a feed from BBC.

And we have a (alibi)wedding to look forward in July in Monaco and let me say this: I dont have any hopes at all for a beautiful wedding, just exellent weather

What does the Queen have to do with William and Catherines emotions she has no control over that. They just don't seem the type to be overly affectionate in public that is not a crime to me they looked happy and comfortable with each other and happiness is an emotion.

I'm sure Albert and Charlene's wedding will be beautiful because it will be what they want.

Sister Morphine said:
I'm still having a hard time understanding the criticism that they either looked sad, or bored, or angry, or otherwise like they had a million other places they'd rather be. There isn't a set of behaviors a bride and groom are supposed to exhibit during a wedding. Everyone is different. Victoria and Daniel were touchy-feely at the altar. These two weren't. That doesn't mean they don't love each other, or they wish they were somewhere else, so that they were bored. They were being watched by billions of people around the world, and were probably trying to quell their nerves enough to not burst into tears and/or fits of laughter.

I just.....gosh. I guess I want to know just what you all want from them.

I just think they were very nervous with everyone watching which is why they may have looked like they would rather be anywhere but the Abbey!!! LOL. You could tell they were so much more relaxed when they left the Abbey.

Much like everyone else, my gripe is that none of the broadcasters did a very good job with the arrivals. They pretty much ignored the foreign royals, and as much as I like him, how many times did I really need to see Elton John in the audience after he was seated. Oh, and the guy who did the engagement interview, yeah, him too!!

On the contrary I prefer the dignity and restraint of this couple in Victoria very mannered and who finished by annoying seriously me and I prefer the choir and music today that the "guimauve song" wrote by the former member of Abba. Daniel was not more "active " as William today. Victoria only her spent her time moving his head from right to left.

UK was The special one once, now not so much. For the majority of commentators on TV and newspapers on line, it was The special one. Just remember that after the wedding of Victoria a poll show just a 56% in favor of the monarchy in Sweden. Skynews just gave the result of the same^poll regarding the british monarchy and it's a result of ...80%. So ok, but in fact Victoria seems not to have convinced in Sweden. I know the result are better now in Sweden for the royal family. And I'm happy because I really really love Victoria and Daniel. But sorry they are not modern because they are touchy

Congratulations to their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!!..what a beautiful wedding..=)

Service Music

Everything about this wedding can be described in four words "elegant, beautiful, understated, British!

As a musician, I thought that the music was wonderfully done and thoughtfully chosen. And the long, long English tradition of impeccably done church music was in full view (and hearing). I loved that everybody knew and sang "Jerusalem." Perhaps purists would say it is over done (like "I Was Glad"), but I think they were perfect for such a wedding that sought to be both personal and national in emotion and importance.

A Great Day for the newly wedded couple and a Great Day for Britain and all who love Her!

Regarding Catherine's curtsy to the Queen after the service: Every royal bride has done this and it is a tradition. William also bowed.

I'm sort of dissapointed by all the the grumbling. I thought it was beautifully done, everything went off without a hitch, and everyone had a great time!
HUZZAH! :w00t::clap:

mattep74 said:
I spent my lunch watching the royals enter the church and there were NO PICTURES of Victoria and Daniel and i saw it on a Swedish channel with a feed from BBC.

And we have a (alibi)wedding to look forward in July in Monaco and let me say this: I dont have any hopes at all for a beautiful wedding, just exellent weather

Yeah, hopefully the coverage of foreign royals will feature more prominently in Monaco. The only royals I saw today during the ceremony was Felipe - only because he's so tall!!

Last edited:
I'm hoping we'll see them head back to BP. I was suprised they rode to Clarence house in the open-top convertible.

I was rather hoping they wouldn't go the "gold" way, I understand the tradition etc but IMO gold is tacky, silver would have looked much better on the Duchess' hand.
The band of Catherine's engagement ring is gold! A silver wedding ring definitely would have looked tacky!!

I really don't understand why they couldn't show the foreign royals during this long service.

Long service, seriously? It was the shortest royal wedding i've ever watched. Attention was on Catherine and William.

If Diana had been alive the wedding would be more like a happy wedding. Now the queen had to much influence over the wedding.

How would Diana have affected the atmosphere of a wedding? Diana this, Diana that. William and Catherine have had the day they obviously wanted, nobody dead or alive would have changed that. Diana would have probably stolen attention from the beautiful bride and the stunning service. It would have made the day full of comparisons and so far, this forum and the press have managed to avoid them for the majority.
And are you suggesting that having The Queen at a wedding makes it a bad occasion? It has been said over and over again that this wedding was William and Catherine, HM has had very little influence over what happened today.

I'm sure Albert and Charlene's wedding will be beautiful because it will be what they want.

Does that mean William and Catherine didn't want this wedding? :ermm:

The band of Catherine's engagement ring is gold! A silver wedding ring definitely would have looked tacky!!

I know it's gold, numerous people have said it's gold. Gold is tacky IMO and silver isn't. My opinion, obviously you don't share it, there's no problem.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the couple is due to arrive back at BP seeing as the reporters have returned to the palace.

Someone said there were three kisses at the balcony. Does anyone know where all these three can be seen? I only saw two on BBC coverage.

The couple were very cute and blushing on the balcony. :) It was sweet to see William trying to catch his bride's attention and then ask "One more?" to which she nodded and then they kissed.:)

Catharina said:
Someone said there were three kisses at the balcony. Does anyone know where all these three can be seen? I only saw two on BBC coverage.

The couple were very cute and blushing on the balcony. :) It was sweet to see William trying to catch his bride's attention and then ask "One more?" to which she nodded and then they kissed.:)

I watched it live- there were only 2

Long service, seriously? It was the shortest royal wedding i've ever watched. Attention was on Catherine and William.

How would Diana have affected the atmosphere of a wedding? Diana this, Diana that. William and Catherine have had the day they obviously wanted, nobody dead or alive would have changed that. Diana would have probably stolen attention from the beautiful bride and the stunning service. It would have made the day full of comparisons and so far, this forum and the press have managed to avoid them for the majority.
And are you suggesting that having The Queen at a wedding makes it a bad occasion? It has been said over and over again that this wedding was William and Catherine, HM has had very little influence over what happened today.

Does that mean William and Catherine didn't want this wedding? :ermm:

I know it's gold, numerous people have said it's gold. Gold is tacky IMO and silver isn't. My opinion, obviously you don't share it, there's no problem.

I was replying to the person who said Charlene and Alberts wedding woudn't be beautiful. I have already stated that this is what Catherine and William wanted.

Well according to the BBC anchor, Huw Edwards, Princess Lalla Salma of Thailand attended the wedding - just goes to show the overall quality of coverage took no tips from Sweden.
Wow, the BBC? I wouldn't expect such errors from them. Although I've come across several mistakes by British commentators on other channels.
But then some of the articles coming out of the British press prior to the wedding made glaring mistakes about foreign royals.
For all the media hype about the 2 billion strong audience, one would expect better from anchors, particularly if they're so-called experts.
I find the European media better informed. The Swedish commentators at Victoria's wedding identified even the minor royals like Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath of Jordan accurately.

They are coming back to palace so maybe we shall see one picture-

And ugh MSNBC called her ''Now Princess Catherine''

glad she did attend in the end,she was already in UK anyway when the attack happen.
she looks good but unhappy IMO.

They are coming back to palace so maybe we shall see one picture-

And ugh MSNBC called her ''Now Princess Catherine''

Get used to it. We're going to hear "Princess Catherine" a lot. We know it's wrong, but that doesn't change what boneheaded TV commentators are going to say.

In the next hear I think they will known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. It's going to stick to them, just like The Earl and Countess of Wessex stuck on Edward and Sophie.

I don't know what is missing and I still love it, but while Kate is a beautiful woman, even with all this pomp and the very romantic dress, she is not as stunningly happy and therefor beautiful as CP Victoria was on her wedding day.
That is because she is Catherine and not CP Victoria!! Why is everyone comparing her and her dress with other royal brides?! Look at her and enjoy her for who she is!!

wh did kate wore her engagement ring on her right hand. did she not have it on the left before.

wh did kate wore her engagement ring on her right hand. did she not have it on the left before.

Wedding bands go on the left hand. That's where her engagement ring had been. So the engagement ring got moved over to the right hand so her wedding band could go on her left.

She moved the ring so that William could put the wedding ban on first then she placed her engagment ring on after the wedding ring.

Sister Morphine said:
I'm still having a hard time understanding the criticism that they either looked sad, or bored, or angry, or otherwise like they had a million other places they'd rather be. There isn't a set of behaviors a bride and groom are supposed to exhibit during a wedding. Everyone is different. Victoria and Daniel were touchy-feely at the altar. These two weren't. That doesn't mean they don't love each other, or they wish they were somewhere else, so that they were bored. They were being watched by billions of people around the world, and were probably trying to quell their nerves enough to not burst into tears and/or fits of laughter.

I just.....gosh. I guess I want to know just what you all want from them.

We may not have been there personally, but everyone can read their body language and tell they weren't showing a lot of joy. There wasn't even a lovers glance. Kate looked bored, sad or angry. I've never known a bride to look like that.

I don't think Victoria and Daniel were all about the touching I think V&D was so in love that it shown through them. I'm not expecting Will and Kate to jump up and down but I was expecting some kind of joy at least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom