Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So her title is HRH Duchess of Cambridge. Is Princess William also a title, or is it a name of sorts?

Her full title is HRH Princess William Arthur Philip Louis, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus. However, she will be known by her peerage now, just like William; so she'll be referred to as HRH The Duchess of Cambridge.

Very beautiful caftan!!! I admire that moroccan princesses always honour their heritage and country.

I am happy she attended, her makeup and hairdo are perfect!

Last edited:
I love kate's dress, I'm surprise that she doesn't have an updo of hair, but her look is lovely when hair is down. She looked so classy and elegant today. I like the church decoration, quite like the idea of putting trees inside the church, it's different and fresh to the traditional royal wedding and that makes the wedding special. The wedding is fulling mixed with traditional and modern ideas:flowers:.

There has been so much hype around this wedding that I waited so much from it and was so disappointed. Kate´s dress wasn´t anything special, her hairdo was disappointing. I thought that William and Catherine were modern royals who dare to show their emotions, when they get married with a person they love. But there were no emotions at the ceremony, it was boring and stiff. William and Catherine said their vows with such a hurry that for a moment I thought that they had a competition of who was quicker. I like to hear one saying his/hers vows llike he/she means it.
The highlights of the ceremony were James Middleton, who read the text superb. And the great choir, it was wonderful. Carole Middleton looked lovely. And the little girls and boys were lovely.
And a big, big minus to the TV-director for not showing the foreign royals. e.g. Sofia, Felipe, Letizia, Victoria, Daniel at all.

LadyFinn said:
And a big, big minus to the TV-director for not showing the foreign royals. e.g. Sofia, Felipe, Letizia, Victoria, Daniel at all.

This I agree w, even the BBC missed them which saddened me some- :( oh well, still lovely and worth no sleep

Last edited:
perfect marriage, without a doubt my favorite with the one of Mary and Frederick. The crowd, the English know how to celebrate and rejoice. Their originality, eccentricity, creativity, craziness, crazy hats that some have created to the glory of married, flags, color, some have stayed 3 nights out to ensure they have the best possible view , this craziness is unique. No country with a monarchy can boast of having half of this madness or infatuation for a royal wedding. This has failed in Victoria’s. The crowd was there – less important than today but it did not give the show the million of people (confirmed by the police) gave us today (show Getty Images).

Secondly, I love this mix of pomp and humor and the lightness of the two Princes. The walkabout yesterday on the Mall of William and Harry, surprising, unexpected and there is really only them to do that. Even more, the exit of the newly weds from Bpalace in an Aston Martin!! A must. And the decor made ​​by Harry on the car ... Great. A helicopter flying over the car with william’s Colleagues.

It’s undoubtedly the most famous monarchy of the planet, but it knows as nobody does not take itself seriously. It was huge.

The ceremony: the beautiful singings, the choirs absolutely amazing, great dignity and restraint. The floral decoration was perfect because simple and gave way to the extraordinary setting of the Abbey and the trees were just there to “dress” the heaviest and most ungainly stone pillars. Very wise.

James Middleton was perfect. Only at the wedding of Felipe and Letizia I saw a member of the family of the bride doing the same thing (the grandmother of Letizia). Again, very sensitive from William to ask a Kate’s family member to take on this role and not – for example - his cousin Peter Philips.

Kate looked comfortable but not too much. Perfectly in tune with much grace and dignity, smiling without overdoing it and nod as Victoria (which I love anyway). I note the similarity more striking with Mary. Not physically. But his behavior, his gait, his grace, they are both “delicates”.

Kate has charisma, as Mary. And both have husbands who are shy and not very comfortable in public. They have a sweet voice. I hope that Kate will do as well as Mary. There were no effusions as some wanted to see as at Victoria’s wedding. Good. But with Victoria, Kate reinvented the royal wedding gowns. Both moderns and gorgeous. The skirt is fully embroidered and the cut is sublime. The train is very modern (look how it is attached to the dress). Not too large veil or long train. Nothing was missing.

Not talking about Beatrice and Eugenie, horrors. Letizia I like her dress and her little “bibi”, the Greek royal family, fine, fine too Mathilde, Maxima pretty, Victoria's dress is pretty but too sticky back, front is beautiful, Charlene coat and hat no interest. But yesterday evening Letizia and Victoria were just sublime, gorgeous etc...

The wedding cake is a splendor. So beautiful. I saw photos of Kate greeting Prime ministers, she is so at ease. Mary again. And Kate has a very very strong handshake. Good sign.

Why after, she's the Queen now, she should have curtseyed to the Queen on her way up to the alter. I know they do it after, but she should have done it before as well.
I am just reading through all the comments now and is surprised about the abovementioned one!! NONE of the previous royal brides curtseyed to the Queen on their way to the alter!! Are there any specific reasons why Catherine was suppose to do it? I don't think so!

William and Catherine said their vows with such a hurry that for a moment I thought that they had a competition of who was quicker. I like to hear one saying his/hers vows llike he/she means it.

Perhaps an audience of 2 billion made them a little nervous.

There has been so much hype around this wedding that I waited so much from it and was so disappointed. Kate´s dress wasn´t anything special, her hairdo was disappointing. I thought that William and Catherine were modern royals who dare to show their emotions, when they get married with a person they love. But there were no emotions at the ceremony, it was boring and stiff. William and Catherine said their vows with such a hurry that for a moment I thought that they had a competition of who was quicker. I like to hear one saying his/hers vows llike he/she means it.
The highlights of the ceremony were James Middleton, who read the text superb. And the great choir, it was wonderful. Carole Middleton looked lovely. And the little girls and boys were lovely.

LadyFinn unfortunately I completely agree with you...

I really don't understand why they couldn't show the foreign royals during this long service.

Phew just gone through most of the posts ( no one has explained yet why the 2 nuns were sat next to William in the ceremony)
I guess we're all pretty agreed about the York girls' headwear!! but other than that I think most of the royals including the "foreign" royals looked good - Charlene I thought looked particularly stunning today.
What a wonderful occasion it has been. Hope we get to see some of the evening outfits

Because when you are modern you show yours emotions? When you are not, you dont show? So Felipe and Letizia are not at all a modern couple. So i'm not too because my husband doesnt show emotion when happy just when unhappy by sad things. what a strange comment. In fact you only wanted to see them cry to be sure they ... are moderns?

The little bridesmaids were adorable, but Grace Van Cutsem looked much bigger than Eliza Lopes.
Aren't they both three years old?

LasMa said:
According to FoxNews, William's comment to Kate when she arrived at the altar: "You look stunning, babe."

I saw it as you look beautiful, i love you. You can actually read his lips. Very sweet!

My gripe about the coverage: They spent so much time showing wide shots of the abbey, and closeups of the guests, that I missed a few moments that I wanted to see. When William first saw Kate, we were getting an overhead shot; I would like to have seen his first reaction. Also, whenever Kate's blusher was lifted and pulled back, we were looking at guest closeups. Did her father lift it?

Has anyone idea when official photos will be released?

From another board I am told that the nuns are an Anglican Order that are connected with the operation of the Abbey and that one of two nuns is actually a Chaplin of the Abbey.

Well, Queen Penelope, some of us aren't overly impressed with FoxNews's accuracy in general. I'll take your version!

royal weddings (in Scandinavia) are windows for an international audience that these countries do not normally have (for their size and economic power). The only "celebrities" identifiable by the international press is these royal families. Politicians and celebrities Swedish and Danish are unknown by all. After those marriages if you look foreign newspapers, there are only illustrated with photos of members of royal families. That's like that in the press in French, Spanish, etc. ... From Victoria's wedding I saw in the French press only photographs of royals. This is not the case with the English royal family. Most are well known politicals, celebrities, friends of the princes, Chelsy Davy, the Spencer family, fashion designers, journalists and reporters are known everywhere, so the coverage of the marriage may very well be without foreign royal families. It just cant be the case for the Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Belgian weddings.

I compare this wedding with Victorias and Victoria won in every respect except: A bestman with a license to fly Apache always wins in my mind over a bestman that really dont do anything.

It was a typical English royal wedding "Overhyped, overdone and over there" and off course stiff upper lip english

WTF is it with BBC and only sending feeds over here and not showing any royals from other countries at all. I rather watch them walking into the church that pictures of a car driving

I'm still having a hard time understanding the criticism that they either looked sad, or bored, or angry, or otherwise like they had a million other places they'd rather be. There isn't a set of behaviors a bride and groom are supposed to exhibit during a wedding. Everyone is different. Victoria and Daniel were touchy-feely at the altar. These two weren't. That doesn't mean they don't love each other, or they wish they were somewhere else, so that they were bored. They were being watched by billions of people around the world, and were probably trying to quell their nerves enough to not burst into tears and/or fits of laughter.

I just.....gosh. I guess I want to know just what you all want from them.

Imagen 7136 « Los primeros invitados de la boda, de punta en blanco | Divinity
my prince is the best and most elegant

How ugly is the queen´s suit jajajajaj ¡¡¡¡yellow chicken !!!!, red colour is awful, the Prince Felipe of Spain was much more elegant in his wedding and now is just as handsome, is the best.
I have a suggestion for you! In future you must only watch the comings and goings of the Spanish Royal family. No need to be so nasty and disrespectful to the Queen and the British people!!

LasMa said:
Well, Queen Penelope, some of us aren't overly impressed with FoxNews's accuracy in general. I'll take your version!

I'm 99.999% certain thats what he said if you read his lips. Anyone care to check it out and tell us what you think??

The coverage of foreign royals isn't very good is it? I guess I've been spoiled by Victoria's wedding.
Aside from Sheikha Mozah, I still haven't seen the King and Queen of Malaysia.

Here's the Sultan and Queen of Brunei: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8904/hyusof04pa10620026001.jpg

Well according to the BBC anchor, Huw Edwards, Princess Lalla Salma of Thailand attended the wedding - just goes to show the overall quality of coverage took no tips from Sweden.

What a beautiful service. I appreciated how seriously the couple took the worship service, their vows, etc. and felt the service showed a nice level of reverence. I loved the balance between tradition and modernity. The friendship, love, and respect between William and Catherine was so evident. I loved the surprises, especially the Aston Martin, as well as the sincere and genuine reactions (as when Harry and William saw first saw Catherine or when Catherine's surprise at the crowd levels when she came out on the balcony, and the way she looked back on her way back inside).

My gripe about the coverage: They spent so much time showing wide shots of the abbey, and closeups of the guests, that I missed a few moments that I wanted to see. When William first saw Kate, we were getting an overhead shot; I would like to have seen his first reaction. Also, whenever Kate's blusher was lifted and pulled back, we were looking at guest closeups. Did her father lift it?
Completely Agree! I felt like we didn't see William and Catherine at all. I'd rather see the couple or VIPS instead of members of the General Congregation. Also very mad about the lack of foreign royal coverage! I think I have only seen Victoria and Daniel!

I'm still having a hard time understanding the criticism that they either looked sad, or bored, or angry, or otherwise like they had a million other places they'd rather be. There isn't a set of behaviors a bride and groom are supposed to exhibit during a wedding. Everyone is different. Victoria and Daniel were touchy-feely at the altar. These two weren't. That doesn't mean they don't love each other, or they wish they were somewhere else, so that they were bored. They were being watched by billions of people around the world, and were probably trying to quell their nerves enough to not burst into tears and/or fits of laughter.

I just.....gosh. I guess I want to know just what you all want from them.

How about emotions for starters? UK was The special one once, now not so much.

If Diana had been alive the wedding would be more like a happy wedding. Now the queen had to much influence over the wedding.

Back
Top Bottom