Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NO, HRH do not curtsey to each other, they are family, they only curtsey to HM and to other monarchs. Do you have a picture of Anne drop a curtsey to Camilla? Highly unlikely I would say since Anne can be such a stickler for proper behaviour.

Mette Marit on the other hand does tend to drop a curtsey to others of the same rank as herself even though it would not be expected.

Actually if you watched when Camilla and Charles got into the abbey followed a bit later by HM and Prince Philip, Camilla curtsied to the Queen. They were by the doors before they lined up to walk to their seats.

Did anyone see Prince Williams aunts?

I did. They were seated by the Middletons. In fact, I think the first person that William went and spoke to when he reached the altar area of the Abbey was one of his aunts. Not sure if it was Jane or Sarah though.

no holding hands? just sitting there. it is your wedding day,the most special day of your lives together and there is no close ness at all

Tbh, I don't think its they don't want to be there and they aren't close, they've been together now for 7 years, so I think for them getting married is just a formality, and because of William's status as second in line to the throne they are expected to have a larger wedding with more fanfare. And they are also being filmed so I don't think they want to risk saying or doing anything even mildly inappropriate in front of the live cameras- may explain some of the lack of 'emotion'.

Never mind. I found the footage on youtube.

Do we know what Harry said to William as Kate was approaching the altar?

"Wait til you see her."

That's what was mentioned in German TV...

and pictures of:
King Simeon II of the Bulgarians
Queen Margarita of the Bulgarians
King Constantine II of Greece
Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece
Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece
King Harald V of Norway
Queen Sonja of Norway
King Michael I of Romania
Crown Princess Margarita of Romania
Peter Phillips
Autumn Phillips
Countess of Wessex

?????????????????

LasMa said:
Kate wore the Cartier tiara.

It's called either the Scroll or The Queens Halo tiara, made by Cartier.

Actually if you watched when Camilla and Charles got into the abbey followed a bit later by HM and Prince Philip, Camilla curtsied to the Queen. They were by the doors before they lined up to walk to their seats.

I saw that too. I also saw the DoE smooch Camilla. I thought that was so sweet!

izabela84 said:
and pictures of:
King Simeon II of the Bulgarians
Queen Margarita of the Bulgarians
King Constantine II of Greece
Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece
Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece
King Harald V of Norway
Queen Sonja of Norway
King Michael I of Romania
Crown Princess Margarita of Romania
Peter Phillips
Autumn Phillips
Countess of Wessex

If you type Ppe agency or Getty images to google, you can find pictures on there. However if you look back through the thread you'll find pictures'

Cammilla should curtsy to the Queen this is perfectly proper form. The Daily Mail article a few posts back was interesting, although I cannot imajine in which world Beatrice and Eugine would curtsy to anyone !!!:whistling:

What an absolutely beautiful, wonderful, classy wedding. I'm so happy I was able to watch it.

Was it just me, or did Kate look really drawn and strained thoughout the ceremony? Of course, she had the weight of the world on her shoulders and there were reports that she hadn't been sleeping for several nights. But I was a tad worried that she'd pass out.

"Wait til you see her."

That's what was mentioned in German TV...

This was a part I really noticed too. I never realized that the groom stood facing the altar while the bride made her way up the altar. I'm going to do a check and see exactly if Charles and Andrew did this too.

I did notice Harry kind of peeking over his shoulder as the bride came up the aisle and then say something to William but I couldn't make out what it was.

William and Catherine DID hold hands. It was as they went under the archway at Horseguards , I suppose they thought that no one would see there ,but there was an overhead camera to record it :flowers:

According to FoxNews, William's comment to Kate when she arrived at the altar: "You look stunning, babe."

I loved the way Harry got babysitting duty on the way back to the Palace. :lol:

What an absolutely beautiful, wonderful, classy wedding. I'm so happy I was able to watch it.

Sister Morphine , I agree with you . It was great for me here in the UK to know that we were sharing a happy event with others from around the world , and that we are able to discuss it with like minded people . My husband has sat through the ceremony with great patience, but does not have my interest. He would never have coped with the 8 hours I have done !!! :whistling:

Everyone here is so enchanted with them! How I wish I was in London today!

My mother in law just reminded me we have 2 other weddings to come- Zara and Prince Alberts :)

some one have de video from William and Catherine living de alter. I wish listen de music :D

This was a part I really noticed too. I never realized that the groom stood facing the altar while the bride made her way up the altar. I'm going to do a check and see exactly if Charles and Andrew did this too.

I did notice Harry kind of peeking over his shoulder as the bride came up the aisle and then say something to William but I couldn't make out what it was.

I noticed that as well and was wondering what he said. Harry looked really happy and proud of William today, and Kate looked beautiful. I thought the Aston Martin was a nice touch.

Does anyone know if we will see the couple again tonight? Will Kate change her dress?

It was a very great wedding, both very regal and simple. The bride looked so nervous, I thought she would never be able to say her full vows. But she was much more relaxed once the service was over.

I like this young couple, I hope they will have a life as quiet as possible.

Ho well tea and cupcakes call, so I must go . I will record the highlights tonight. 8 hours of TV watching , and no work done on my dissertation ! What a naughty girl I am !!!!

What a lovely wedding. I am now very glad that I took an awaiting attitude over the past months - I have been very much surprised in a positive way. I cried when I first saw Catherine, she looked so beautiful - more than I had dared to hope for.
And William was a dashing groom, it's for the first time I liked the Irish Guards attire on the groom. Thank you Britain!!!

Back
Top Bottom