Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EEEEEEKKKKKKKKK;
Huw Edwards just said, "can't we just call them Prince William and Princess Catherine". And this man in a blue tie has said "Well in official communications they will be The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but I'm sure nobody will have no problem if you call her Princess Catherine. I can't believe it, this man works with Charles and Camilla apparently.

As you say EEEEEEKKKKKK !!

I love that she said that getting in the carriage. I also think it was a simple wedding for them and that is exactly what they wanted. I have to agree some of these News Commentators got it so wrong when talking.:bang:

Congratulations !!

Congratulations to Kate and William !!!
It's a fantastic wedding.

Thanks for the unic moment !!

She did stumble a bit first coming in and looked at her father like eeeeek! :)

CNN lady just said so refreshing to see a royal wedding dress look classy? They've all looked classy haven't they?

Showing more re-runs on the BBc. I must say Catherine looks like she has been doing this for years. Nice to see the D of E chatting to Pippa on the balcony

EEEEEEKKKKKKKKK;
Huw Edwards just said, "can't we just call them Prince William and Princess Catherine". And this man in a blue tie has said "Well in official communications they will be The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but I'm sure nobody will have no problem if you call her Princess Catherine. I can't believe it, this man works with Charles and Camilla apparently.

What eeeeeek? Most people will call her "Princess Catherine" anyway. Don't forget the "call me will" thing too ...
the "duchess" title seems something relatively difficult to understand as many think that Catherine is not a princess and "just" a duchess and was somewhat "downgraded" by the Queen.

What eeeeeek? Most people will call her "Princess Catherine" anyway. Don't forget the "call me will" thing too ...
the "duchess" title seems something relatively difficult to understand as many think that Catherine is not a princess and "just" a duchess and was somewhat "downgraded" by the Queen.

She isn't a Princess, and the news reporter reporting on the royal wedding and a member of staff in the royal household shouldn't say on national television that she is one or that it's okay to call her one. Yes people, the press whatever will call her it because they either don't understand or they find it easier but such formal people shouldn't condone the use of the title when it shouldn't be used.

An ideal opportunty to say "No, we should refer to them as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge because only Princesses of royal blood are Princess FirstName" but no they have to say it's ok. Even Diana used to correct people who called her Princess Diana. Grrrr.

From the BBC as well :eek:

why did kate and william go off to that little room in the abbey?? i missed that part!

Katie Nicholl says Princess Anne, Sophie, etc. has to curtsy to Catherine because William is closer in line to the throne. I have a feeling that might not be correct because of the Order of Precedence.

HRH do not curtsey to each other regardless of their precedence or position in the line of succession.

My words the RSN have been busy ! Thanks for posting these details .:flowers:

I agree! It really makes the fact known how much care and thought went into her bridal attire. The symbolism of the Middleton family really impresses on me how close they are as a family and this occasion was the perfect time to show it.

um which tiara?? from the queen's collection?

Do we think Catherine will still be in her wedding dress when they leave Buckingham Palace ?

NGalitzine said:
HRH do not curtsey to each other regardless of their precedence or position in the line of succession.

They do too- Anne has curtesied to Camilla but they won't curtesy to Kate until Charles or William become King I believe bc then she will be married to the son of the monoarch or the monoarch- many plp in the forums know this better then I but I think I'm correct (?)

She isn't a Princess, and the news reporter reporting on the royal wedding and a member of staff in the royal household shouldn't say on national television that she is one or that it's okay to call her one. Yes people, the press whatever will call her it because they either don't understand or they find it easier but such formal people shouldn't condone the use of the title when it shouldn't be used.

She's is HRH Princess william of Wales, Duchess of Cambridge,contess of Strathearn and Baroness Carrickfergus. But you're right she has not the title of princess by birth...
I agree with you too as is not quite normal that even the officials seem to play with the title (and so the precedence) matter. BUT with the kind of informality wanted by William it's really not surprising...

As the wife of a Prince she is most certainly a Princess but....she isn't Princess Catherine but she is Princess William.

BUT with the kind of informality wanted by William it's really not surprising...

If William wanted informality for him and his wife, people can call her Kate or Catherine not Princess Catherine.

As the wife of a Prince she is most certainly a Princess but....she isn't Princess Catherine but she is Princess William.

I was speaking as in, Princess in her own right - should have wrote that but i'm multi tasking. :)

Perhaps members of Williams regiment will pull a coach with william and Catherine in it !!

If William wanted formality for him and his wife, people can call her Kate or Catherine not Princess Catherine.

Oh i bet we'll see some "Princess Kate" in some way :lol:

I personnaly prefer "Katy Cambridge" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

William is driving an open top L plated blue Aston Martin. Kate is in her wedding dress and William has changed.

Now this is fun!!!! William and Kate in a convertible!

Back
Top Bottom