The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Gentry

I have a question re some potential guests at the wedding. We all know that Laura Lopes's daughter was one of the little flower girls, but does anyone know if Laura and her husband, and Tom Parker Bowles and his wife were at the wedding. I have not so far seen any photographic evidence of either of them and their spouses there which would be very unusual would it not. They are after all Camilla's children and step brother and sister to William.

Another one I was wondering about is Princess Alexandra's daughter, Marina Mowatt. While Princess Alexandra was very obvious in her presence along with her son, there was no mention or sight of her daughter, who of course many years ago had become something of a black sheep in the family due to her pregnancy and marriage.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Gentry

I think it's been established that Laura and Tom and their respective spouses were there, but there are no pictures of them (probably because no one really knew who they were and focused on more high-profile guests). With regards to Marina, the selected guest list has her on it -after Mr. and Mrs. James Ogilvy but before The Lady Saltoun. But if you look at the video of the wedding when William and Harry walk to the aisle, in the back row of the BRF section, you can see Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor, Lady Gabriella Windsor, the Ogilvys, and then Lady Saltoun. If Marina was there I would think she would have been next to her brother. Mysterious...

I'd just like to say that I have recently watched all the Royal Wedding coverage again and I have enjoyed it so much. I had the same excitement for everything that I had on April 29. I was really struck by the very religious nature of the service. Yes it was solemn and maybe even a tad boring, but I was not expecting to be entertained in the sense that the Wedding was some sort of circus. Unfortunately, I think the media hyped this one up too much saying how "different" and "modern" the Wedding was going to be. To me, the service was nearly exactly the same as it was when I watched the weddings of Margaret, Anne, Charles, Andrew, and Edward. If people were expecting something outside the norm, then I can understand how one could be disappointed.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:41 AM

I agree. They go for the odd ones or the biggest
Old 09-06-2011, 02:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyesofelvis View Post
I agree. They go for the odd ones or the biggest
biggest
Old 09-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Does this go here? An article about how it was arrange for Arthur Edwards to take the kiss photo
Kiss photo 'a request from William' - UK, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk
Old 10-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
This is gorgeous!!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveCP
I love this image. It's such a sweet moment between the two of them. It's possibly my favourite moment of the wedding, particularly when you can see him say something about looking beautiful. It is almost as cute as Edward's wink to Sophie on their wedding day. (That is by far the sweetest moment.) They were just such nice moments between two people, during a huge occasion. Showed the little moment when it was just the two of them. You can see from that how happy William is.

Catherine has such beautiful hair, damn.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

I am so happy for the both of them to have married their true love, I hope their love lasts like the queen's.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
I am so happy for the both of them to have married their true love, I hope their love lasts like the queen's.
I really think it will and probably was put best by Charles when he stated "they've been practicing long enough".
Old 01-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Royal Highness

Hello!
Some one can find me a video were you can see Kate father raising her veil??? I can not find that moment in all videios from the wedding
Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Royal Highness

in did, i am looking for the video with this moment
Old 03-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Share your memories of William and Kate's special day
William and Kate anniversary: Readers' photo memories of the royal wedding of 2011 - hellomagazine.com
Old 03-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Courtier

I just can not believe its almost been a year since they been married.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen decided William's wardrobe for his wedding? Where has that been stated? I assumed that the royal men who were in the military had a certain number of uniforms they could wear and they had to make their selection from there; and to be fair William did wear something different from previous grooms on their wedding day in England.
BTW England please start a national campaign to ban Katie Nicholls from all media outlets including personal blogs and letter writing to newspapers.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, the Queen informed William that he had to wear the uniform of the Colonel of the Irish Regiment for his wedding. He's commissioned in several armed services, but had just been appointed colonel to the Irish Guards in February 2011. There was an interview by William in Robert Hardman's book, "Her Majesty: The Court of Queen Elizabeth II" discussing the wedding and his choice of uniform. He said half-jokingly that he couldn't refuse an order from the colonel-in-chief of the Irish Guards what uniform to wear. He said that he was told what to wear and his response was, "OK."
Old 04-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Yes, the Queen informed William that he had to wear the uniform of the Colonel of the Irish Regiment for his wedding. He's commissioned in several armed services, but had just been appointed colonel to the Irish Guards in February 2011. There was an interview by William in Robert Hardman's book, "Her Majesty: The Court of Queen Elizabeth II" discussing the wedding and his choice of uniform. He said half-jokingly that he couldn't refuse an order from the colonel-in-chief of the Irish Guards what uniform to wear. He said that he was told what to wear and his response was, "OK."
One thing that came through loud and clear in the documentary The Diamond Queen was that Her Majesty commands a large amount of both affection and authority with her grandchildren. I also got the impression that neither she nor the Duke of Edinburgh are hesitant when it comes to giving the younger generation their opinions and letting them know if their behaviour should be altered, and in fact I believe William quite recently spoke about his grandfather's unfailing directness and willingness to tell him, (William), things he doesn't necessarily want to hear.
It sounds like QEII and the DoE have been significant influences, both as family members and as "bosses", for lack of a better word, on all of their adult grandchildren. I don't doubt that if The Queen thought William and Kate should attend the memorial they would have been there, front and centre, with bells on.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Well that decision makes me go because the uniform wasn't that great. Queen Grandmama needs to have a talkin to by the fashion police.
I'm sorry, what?! William married in probably the most famous army uniform in the world - the red tunic of one of the Guards Regiments. There's not a man alive who wouldn't be improved by that uniform. It was also perfectly tailored (by Kashket & Partners), as is expected for an officer in the British Army. The Queen had the good sense to stop William wearing a different version of the Irish Guards uniform (I suspect the one he drove off in the Aston Martin in) that he apparently wanted to wear. Yet another thing we have to thank HM for.

Compare with Albert of Monaco's white monstrosity. Yuk.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I'm sorry, what?! William married in probably the most famous army uniform in the world - the red tunic of one of the Guards Regiments. There's not a man alive who wouldn't be improved by that uniform. It was also perfectly tailored (by Kashket & Partners), as is expected for an officer in the British Army. The Queen had the good sense to stop William wearing a different version of the Irish Guards uniform (I suspect the one he drove off in the Aston Martin in) that he apparently wanted to wear. Yet another thing we have to thank HM for.

Compare with Albert of Monaco's white monstrosity. Yuk.
I associated that particular uniform with Great Britain since I was a small child, and was shown pictures of Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. Definitely a famous uniform, known world over as something British (even if not the specific regiment it is associated with). I agree, Her Majesty had the good sense to recommend this particular uniform (and stick to her guns), because William looked extremely dashing. The other uniform he wanted to wear was too dark and didn't do him any favors. However, he did get a compromise and got to wear it when leaving Buckingham Palace on his wedding day. As to Prince Albert's white monstrosity, I couldn't agree more. He looked like a marshmallow, and blended way too much into the whiteness of the church and surroundings. Yikes indeed.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

It was obviously an honor for him to wear this uniform and it added a dashing and festive note to the occasion as well, I thought.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding