The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Where will William & Kate go for their honeymoon?
Jordan 8 8.99%
Romania 4 4.49%
A Caribbean island owned by Richard Branson 24 26.97%
We will never know! 9 10.11%
None of the Above 44 49.44%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Administrator

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Royal Honeymoon Poll

Following their marriage, William & Catherine are scheduled to spend their wedding night at Buckingham Palace before leaving for their honeymoon.

We have included a poll in this thread, so please vote and let us know what you think! If the couple has a photocall during the Honeymoon, this will be discussed here as well.

Thanks and Happy Posting!

Warren, wbenson & Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 04-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Aristocracy

In the Romanian Media there is a lot of fuss going on about William and Kate spending their honeymoon in Romania, at Viscri on Prince Charles' estate.
The locals are already well prepared to welcome the newlyweds.
Anyway, it may be only a rumour, but who knows...

Printul William si Kate Middleton, la Viscri - Monden - Observator Antena1

Old 04-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Based on Catherine's recent purchases, I am thinking that they are going somewhere warm and sunny. So I am going to go with a private island owned by Richard Branson. That way they can have their privacy.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's an interesting point!But I hope ,later they will reveal it.I've thought about Corfu as well
Old 04-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

Barbados or Belize
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
That's an interesting point!But I hope ,later they will reveal it.I've thought about Corfu as well

Corfu is wonderful as is Crete I was there about two years ago the only place I like better then Greece is Sicily.. but Im not sure if I think they would go there.. Turkey is something to behold too.. whole other way of life. breath taking
Old 04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

I thought it was going to be Jordan and they were set to meet the King and Queen, there was an article 'confirming' this on another thread (I use the word confirming lately bc as we know nothing is true until officially confirmed)
Old 04-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Courtier

I read something about that as well, but Im not sure it was confirmed. I also read that William was not telling Kate where they are going and it is surprise..
Old 04-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it'll be in the islands. I would be surprised of they spend it in Romania or Jordan.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Royal Highness

My husband read an article today saying the Middletons are paying for honeymoon
Old 04-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Romania! Seriously?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Nobility

maybe Chili (Patagonia) because they went separatly for their gap year. It will be fun if William thought to return together and meet people they both met 10 years ago and visit about the country. Remember when the president of Chili came to London after the miners rescue, if invited members of the royal family to visit his country. What do you think of my idea?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Most likely I would say is an island, they would want as less publicity & attraction they can get & it is a way to get away from the press and all the fuss. If they do go to a city it would be hard to blend in & easy for the press to surround your every move, not ideal for a honeymoon.
Secondly, her recently purchases are the choices one would pick up for an island gateway destination.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:46 AM
Courtier

Can I ask where Romania came from? I think Africa/the Carribean are most likely, although I have a feeling the security will be so high that any media coverage will be hushed up and we may never know
Old 04-22-2011, 05:40 AM
Commoner

Kate and Jordan

What is the relationship between Kate and Jordan?
she lived in Jordan 2 years when she was little and the royal couple are planning honeymoon in Jordan
that sounds great

الأمير ويليام وكيت ميدلتون.. أيام الطفولة والبراءة
Old 04-22-2011, 06:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Corfu is wonderful as is Crete I was there about two years ago the only place I like better then Greece is Sicily.. but Im not sure if I think they would go there.. Turkey is something to behold too.. whole other way of life. breath taking

Corfu would be an interesting place for them to visit considering that 90 years ago on June 10th Philip was born there.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Most likely I would say is an island, they would want as less publicity & attraction they can get & it is a way to get away from the press and all the fuss. If they do go to a city it would be hard to blend in & easy for the press to surround your every move, not ideal for a honeymoon.
Secondly, her recently purchases are the choices one would pick up for an island gateway destination.

They look simply like summer dresses to me - surely people in Britain are expecting some weather during the upcoming summer where she could wear these sorts of things. I know that many Aussies laugh when they see things like 'heatwave' at 22 degrees celsius (a lovely winter's day here) but... they do sometimes get hot enough to wear summer dresses.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Where will Kate Middleton and Prince William spend their honeymoon?
Read it here
Old 04-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
They look simply like summer dresses to me - surely people in Britain are expecting some weather during the upcoming summer where she could wear these sorts of things. I know that many Aussies laugh when they see things like 'heatwave' at 22 degrees celsius (a lovely winter's day here) but... they do sometimes get hot enough to wear summer dresses.
Same here! 22 C is nothing for us and definitely not our definition of a "warm day"
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley View Post
Can I ask where Romania came from? I think Africa/the Carribean are most likely, although I have a feeling the security will be so high that any media coverage will be hushed up and we may never know
Prince Charles owns properties in Transilvania (at Viscri and Zalanpatak-the administarators of these estates, Count and Countess Kalnoky are invited to the wedding) so it is a possibility! The properties are situated in remote areas, no airports no highways nearby, so they could enjoy some privacy.

But of course, if they want real privacy, they should go to a privately owned island!

Tags
royal honeymoon seychelles island country