The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Where will William & Kate go for their honeymoon?
Jordan 8 8.99%
Romania 4 4.49%
A Caribbean island owned by Richard Branson 24 26.97%
We will never know! 9 10.11%
None of the Above 44 49.44%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I have mixed feelings about this. But I do know that when it comes to life in the real world, this is what one should expect. This high-powered, gotta-get-a-picture is nothing new.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Wish they woul dleave them alone so they could have a little time together. They are devoting their lives to the service of the Crown after all so they have a lifetime of pictures to give the press, couldn't they think of that and just give them a modicum of privacy?

Old 05-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness

I wish articles would stop writing, gee we don't know who's paying for this honeymoon? Like implying it's the taxpayer or whomever.... I believe it's been reported several times that Charles and the Middletons are covering the expense....
Old 05-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

I believe it's been said Charles and the Middleton's are paying for this honeymoon....you realize they're rich, right? Like really rich - so if that's how William/Charles want to spend their cash then it's really their business and it doesn't effect us....
Old 05-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Posts #145 and 146

#145 - I have to agree with Marmalade on this one. It is an unbelievable extravagance for a couple of people who want to be "normal."

#146 - Yes, it is their business how they spend their money, but they do keep on babbling about wanting to be normal. A 1million (pick your currency) honeymoon, blows me away.

They need to own up to who they are and stop trying to be like me. I find it extremely insincere and stilted.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Posts #145 and 146

#145 - I have to agree with Marmalade on this one. It is an unbelievable extravagance for a couple of people who want to be "normal."

#146 - Yes, it is their business how they spend their money, but they do keep on babbling about wanting to be normal. A 1million (pick your currency) honeymoon, blows me away.

They need to own up to who they are and stop trying to be like me. I find it extremely insincere and stilted.
So far it's not proven that any of the figures mentioned is true.
And to me it sounds more like there are many people trying to get some publicity out of the Royal Wedding including the Honeymoon. As this is private: why not create some false headlines? Who cares about William and his bride?

And no: they don't try to be like you. Or me. They try to be themselves and - if this means taking on flak, they'll take it. Good for them! May their stamina last.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

The parents of the groom usually pay for the honeymoon. So maybe Charles footed the bill. I don't see anything wrong with an extravagant honeymoon. They only get to honeymoon once.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Nobility

They couldn;t have a cheap honeymoon, there would never be any privacy. Privacy costs. If as reported it is a gift from her parents, that
would be their business not the taxpayers.

If the Britannica was still in service, we probably would not be having this
discussion.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Gentry

I kinda thought Margaret's villa on Mustique might be the destination. But I expected a majorly expensive trip. I guess "normal" for the BRF is not you and me, but Donald Trump, Bill Gates, and others in that category. I'm sure this isn't any more lavish a trip than many rock stars and movie actors undertake.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdxyz View Post
I kinda thought Margaret's villa on Mustique might be the destination. But I expected a majorly expensive trip. I guess "normal" for the BRF is not you and me, but Donald Trump, Bill Gates, and others in that category. I'm sure this isn't any more lavish a trip than many rock stars and movie actors undertake.

Princess Margaret gave the villa to her son who sold it years ago.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
They couldn;t have a cheap honeymoon, there would never be any privacy. Privacy costs. If as reported it is a gift from her parents, that would be their business not the taxpayers.
I completely agree. Besides, this is their honeymoon, which will happen only once in their lives--so why begrudge them this one extravagance?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Serene Highness

Remember, they are not the one saying I want to be like me, you or anyone else! papers and magazines are the one babbling about the size of the house they live and the fact that they will or nor have a big staff. How you take this, is up to you!
I must be missing something , cause when I saw Catherine doing groceries, the only thing in my mind was "so she's still in Britain?.. ok" People are going crazy about the littlest thing it seriously makes me laugh!

Didn't the Middletons confirm they would make a financial help? maybe the money was used for the honeymoon.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I wish articles would stop writing, gee we don't know who's paying for this honeymoon? Like implying it's the taxpayer or whomever.... I believe it's been reported several times that Charles and the Middletons are covering the expense....
first and foremost I think its incredible which figures are around,
once its 4.500,-- per night, here its 45000 per night, then it costs 2 million for the island - 45.000 x 10 days to me ist 450.000,-- (if true) - then the headline says they rent a 2 million boat, but one week costs 26000 - and the state they rented it for 1 day,
gosh, just drive people crazy, - as long as it is paid privately its none of anybody´s business.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I would say the figures are pretty accurate from having a rough idea of private gateway villa prices. The only way for privacy was to rent out the entire place. I don't really get how some think that since they want to be normal that they shouldn't have rented out the place or spend that much. To me, enjoying sometime which is your private time, is fine since many wealthy people will do.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I can see I'm going to lose this one. LOLOLOL.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Remember, they are not the one saying I want to be like me, you or anyone else! papers and magazines are the one babbling about the size of the house they live and the fact that they will or nor have a big staff. How you take this, is up to you!
I must be missing something , cause when I saw Catherine doing groceries, the only thing in my mind was "so she's still in Britain?.. ok" People are going crazy about the littlest thing it seriously makes me laugh!

Didn't the Middletons confirm they would make a financial help? maybe the money was used for the honeymoon.

Even if the Middletons did help out with the honeymoon... lets not forget that William himself is very wealthy.. He his income from the military is most likely their spending money.. he did not need anyone to pay for his honeymoon...
Old 05-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by justina
gosh, just drive people crazy, - as long as it is paid privately its none of anybody´s business.
Agreed, honestly I read a honeymoon total of $750,000. - yes a ton for regular plp but actually not that much in comparassion to Charles's fortune. Plus the yacht might be worth 2 million but William and Kate didn't pay 2 million to rent it so a bit misleading.....
Old 05-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Shame on nobody, they're royalty. They sell papers, even blurry photos of possible them sell papers. It's the life William was born into and the life Catherine married into. They'll have enough time being "normal" people for the next two years in Wales.
That's codswallop. They're 2 human beings on their honeymoon, period. End of story. They will spend the rest of their life serving their country and their people. They deserve 10 days of peace just like anyone else does on their honeymoon. Who you were born to doesn't mean you give up some of the most basic forms of human rights and decency.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae

I've read the Midfletons and Charles are paying and honestly if it cost $750,000. Like I've read, for Charles that's not really that much - for average person that's nuts but not for him....

Does everyone know there are actually 2 threads going discussing the same issue? This one and the Duke and Duchess married thread- it's a bit confusing bc can't remeber what I have posted where but some good articles discussing this topic were posted in other thread too
Old 05-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Thanks for calling my opinion, codswallop, that was really nice of you.
They aren't anyone else, they are royalty. End of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I assume that you feel that since they will be living off the radar in Wales for the next two years, they "have" to take up/swallow any picture taken of them now. If so, everyone has the right to his/her own opinion.
Not just because they are living off the radar for however long, but simple because they are royal. It's part of their life, deal with it.

Tags
royal honeymoon seychelles island country