The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Where will William & Kate go for their honeymoon?
Jordan 8 8.99%
Romania 4 4.49%
A Caribbean island owned by Richard Branson 24 26.97%
We will never know! 9 10.11%
None of the Above 44 49.44%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2011, 04:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakchrist View Post
Apparently William and Kate are Honeymooning in Seychelles, or more specifically Descroches Island. They'll be heading to the North Island soon. What I really find interesting is that many other celebrities have visited Seychelles for the benefit of privacy. Definitely a good choice for the newlyweds. What do you guys think about this news? Pretty good locating to avoid any press. I hear the islands are beautiful as well.
IMHO there is a huge difference between secret and private. Even if the whole world knows where they are, as long as they are protected by the local navy and their own Protection officers from prying eyes and tele-lenses, theirs is a private honeymoon. So why not the Seychelles as they obviously have good memories of their last vacation there? It was said that that was the place where William and Catherine decided to get married one day, even if they didn't fix a date back then. so it makes sense to return there as newly-weds.

As for all those who need to know more: why not try a nice romance book with a long epilogue about newly-wed bliss in paradise? Or use your own imagination....

Old 05-14-2011, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Will and Kate’s royal honeymoon: Prepare to be jealous

... "Yes, we rented the island to the British royal family," Vladi told a Hamburg newspaper. "Prince William and his Kate are spending their honeymoon there. But you will understand that we are not saying anything further."...

Article

Old 05-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, I keep reading about that $1M price tag too. Some of my friends are getting snippy with me about my royalist viewpoints, given the price of the wedding and such. These people are Americans, though - what's the point of criticizing British royalty?

I bet they'll look back on this idyllic time on their own private island and be very glad they spent the money (or Dad spent the money - and for heaven's sake, Charles works hard enough as it is, he gets to spend on his kids if he wants to).
Old 05-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Yes, I keep reading about that $1M price tag too. Some of my friends are getting snippy with me about my royalist viewpoints, given the price of the wedding and such. These people are Americans, though - what's the point of criticizing British royalty?

I bet they'll look back on this idyllic time on their own private island and be very glad they spent the money (or Dad spent the money - and for heaven's sake, Charles works hard enough as it is, he gets to spend on his kids if he wants to).
Thinking back, I remember reading several times that Carole and Michael Middleton were going to give the couple a honeymoon. After all the stress and planning of the wedding, it didn't surprise me at all that they headed home to recoup a bit and be rested up to enjoy the honeymoon. Hope they're having a great time!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ize-small.html

Catherine ordered her wedding ring a size to small.... (honestly if this is true, it's rather stupid- if you can't get it on then it's pointless to worry about it slipping off) I call BS on this tidbit
Old 05-15-2011, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Why Wills struggled to fit the ring on Kate: she'd ordered it a size too small | Mail Online

Catherine ordered her wedding ring a size to small.... (honestly if this is true, it's rather stupid- if you can't get it on then it's pointless to worry about it slipping off) I call BS on this tidbit
Maybe she thought she needed a size smaller since she lost so much weight, she might not of been sure of what size she needed.
I would say have it a bit tighter, you wouldn't want it to fall off on your way out of the church
Old 05-16-2011, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Royal Wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton honeymoon island costs £45,000 a night
http://www.mirror.co.uk

Shots spark speculation on honeymoon location

First pictures have reportedly emerged of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge honeymooning at one of the world's most exclusive resorts in the Indian Ocean...
Full article + video
Old 05-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Royal Highness

You decide? Are these the first pictures of Will and Catherine on honeymoon?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/roy...ymoon-location

http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com...honeymoon.html
Old 05-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

Considering nearly every royal is followed, it's not surprising.
Yea but the other royals don't get as much as attention as the BRF. Especially here in the US. I don't remember as much hype on Victoria & Daniel's wedding like William & Catherine's.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Yea but the other royals don't get as much as attention as the BRF. Especially here in the US. I don't remember as much hype on Victoria & Daniel's wedding like William & Catherine's.
Yes it was just as bad for them. Unfortunately they managed to track them down on their honeymoon, which saw them move on pretty fast.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
Yes it was just as bad for them. Unfortunately they managed to track them down on their honeymoon, which saw them move on pretty fast.
But didn't Victoria and Daniel do a prehoneymoon interview in exchange for being left alone? Plus they were on a private yacht at some point, yes? An pre honeymoon interview is not something I expect from Catherine and William but their pictures (or even the suggestion of pictures) sells papers so it's bound to happen....
Old 05-18-2011, 03:38 AM
Royal Highness

Other speculations:

We could have told them they'd be better on a sailing yacht, but at least Prince William and his new bride Kate, otherwise known as the Duchess of Cambridge, could ensure some privacy when they chartered the fastest motor yacht in the Seychelles for their honeymoon.

Sail-World.com : Prince William and Kate - fastest yacht in the Seychelles
Old 05-18-2011, 06:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
You decide? Are these the first pictures of Will and Catherine on honeymoon?

Shots spark speculation on honeymoon location

myroyal's: W

No idea, I'm refusing to look. Shame on whoever took the photos, and whoever published them. These two people have the right to have 10 days out of their lives to be private and alone.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfish

No idea, I'm refusing to look. Shame on whoever took the photos, and whoever published them. These two people have the right to have 10 days out of their lives to be private and alone.
In truth the pictures are so blurry they could be anyone .......
Old 05-18-2011, 07:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfish View Post
Shame on whoever took the photos, and whoever published them. These two people have the right to have 10 days out of their lives to be private and alone.
Shame on nobody, they're royalty. They sell papers, even blurry photos of possible them sell papers. It's the life William was born into and the life Catherine married into. They'll have enough time being "normal" people for the next two years in Wales.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Aristocracy

Prince William and Duchess Catherine charter a £2-million yacht for private tour of Seychelles | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz

More speculation about what they are doing in the Seychelles.

maybe it would be better If I didn't post this.. hmm.. feeding our own frenzy perhaps..
Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I guess the "normal" couple will be footing the bill from Will's army salary

Will and Kate Honeymoon: The Cost Breakdown, from Watersports to Spa Treatments - The Daily Beast

Royal Wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton honeymoon island costs £45,000 a night - mirror.co.uk
Old 05-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Don't you think they could've gotten a discounted price for renting out so many villa's? Would make sense to me.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Courtier

They can never do anything right for you, can't they?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfish View Post
My thoughts exactly, even on their honeymoon they apparently can't be left alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Shame on nobody, they're royalty. They sell papers, even blurry photos of possible them sell papers. It's the life William was born into and the life Catherine married into. They'll have enough time being "normal" people for the next two years in Wales.
They may be royalty, but they have a right for privacy as well. They have two high-profile and extended visits on their agenda, that will give plenty of photography options.

Being photographed so much is the life that has occurred by changing of the times that his mother and aunt induced, not by being born into this position - imo.

I assume that you feel that since they will be living off the radar in Wales for the next two years, they "have" to take up/swallow any picture taken of them now. If so, everyone has the right to his/her own opinion.

Tags
royal honeymoon seychelles island country