The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Where will William & Kate go for their honeymoon?
Jordan 8 8.99%
Romania 4 4.49%
A Caribbean island owned by Richard Branson 24 26.97%
We will never know! 9 10.11%
None of the Above 44 49.44%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I guess where they are going to spend their honeymoon is a moot point for now (I guess we will find out later).

Old 04-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Royal wedding honeymoon: Prince William and Kate Middleton fly off by helicopter | Mail Online

Old 04-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm surprised they're staying in the UK for another couple of days. Or could it be perhaps they're already at the honeymoon spot and they're using the UK as a diversion?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5
I'm surprised they're staying in the UK for another couple of days. Or could it be perhaps they're already at the honeymoon spot and they're using the UK as a diversion?
I believe William is going back to RAF work Monday so I don't think it's a diversion
Old 04-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ

I believe William is going back to RAF work Monday so I don't think it's a diversion
CNN said he'll be back to RAF in two weeks. Wow can't depend on American tv for info.

So their honeymoon is only 3 days?
Old 04-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5

CNN said he'll be back to RAF in two weeks. Wow can't depend on American tv for info.

So their honeymoon is only 3 days?
I read they are somewhere in England for the weekend privately and he returns Monday and they are taking honeymoon at later date.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru
NO HONEYMOON FOR THE MOMENT
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have chosen not to depart for a honeymoon immediately. Instead, after spending the weekend privately in the United Kingdom, The Duke will return to work as a Search and Rescue pilot next week.
The locations of both their private weekend before The Duke returns to work and their future honeymoon, which will be overseas, will not be disclosed in advance.
The Couple have asked that their privacy be respected during the coming weekend and during their honeymoon.
Edit- Sorry I am wrong, he's returning to work Tuesday :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...k-Tuesday.html
Old 05-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I read they are somewhere in England for the weekend privately and he returns Monday and they are taking honeymoon at later date.....
Somehow I can imagine after all the hustle and bustle and an extremely long day Kate saying "Can we just go home now?"
Old 05-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Serene Highness

I keep reading (and it's also on this thread) that he had to apply in the usual way for a leave from work, and took what was available (I can't remember when they chose their wedding date - but it wasn't a year ago; vacations from SAR can be hard to arrange).

He gets two weeks in May - he is back at work on Monday, and I suspect, they'll be living in the same house as they've been living in.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

William returns to work on Monday, makes sense then they will stay in the UK but reports previously had said he had 2 weeks off including the British press, maybe change of plans?
Kate looked really nice in the morning pictures, a very happy couple.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I keep reading (and it's also on this thread) that he had to apply in the usual way for a leave from work, and took what was available (I can't remember when they chose their wedding date - but it wasn't a year ago; vacations from SAR can be hard to arrange).
Yes I am sure that the honeymoon is delayed because the SAR would not approve the Commander-In-Chief's grandson's honeymoon vacation
Old 05-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

Royal wedding: security fears hit Prince William and Kate Middleton's honeymoon plan - Telegraph

Prince William and his new wife have postponed their honeymoon abroad in a surprise last-minute announcement.

The sudden change, announced on Saturday, came despite aides having said consistently that the honeymoon would immediately follow the wedding, and Miss Middleton shopping for sundresses and bikinis last week.

There was speculation it may have been prompted by security concerns.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:38 AM
Majesty

What we have been told is that he had to apply for honeymoon leave in the same way as anyone else.

What people have read into that is that he applied to have that leave immediately after the wedding.

He might in fact have always intended on applying for it later in the year.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Gentry

Doesn't the Duke have a visit to Canada coming up soon ? Maybe talking that trip and a honey moon is too much leave with the SAR.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Doesn't the Duke have a visit to Canada coming up soon ? Maybe talking that trip and a honey moon is too much leave with the SAR.
I doubt it. The state visit to Canada is in late June (June 30-July 8) and he has applied for a two-week honeymoon absence with the RAF. I don't think that bites.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Royal wedding: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge postponed honeymoon 'weeks ago' - Telegraph

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge decided “weeks ago” to postpone their honeymoon following frenzied speculation about where they would begin their married life, it has emerged.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royal Wedding: Prince William to whisk Kate Middleton off to a tropical hideaway | Mail Online
Old 05-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm now wondering whether the change in honeymoon plans was due to Osama bin Laden's death. It's only just been announced but it happened two weeks ago and I would expect the various secret services have been in touch about it. Perhaps The Powers That Be thought it would be too risky for William and Kate to be on hols overseas at the time the news of bin Laden's death was expected to be announced.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I'm now wondering whether the change in honeymoon plans was due to Osama bin Laden's death. It's only just been announced but it happened two weeks ago and I would expect the various secret services have been in touch about it. Perhaps The Powers That Be thought it would be too risky for William and Kate to be on hols overseas at the time the news of bin Laden's death was expected to be announced.
I was wrong, it wasn't 2 weeks ago- sorry. Obama said it occurred today, so probably last night...... but they may have found out last night and that could have effected the change, it's food for thought at least...other gov't were informed and security beefed up for fear of his supporters attacking back so maybe.....
Old 05-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Nobility

It is entirely possible that the US government notified the British government on Saturday morning about the intelligence and the upcoming operation, which then caused the British government to take precautions.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Courtier

Reports are that Obama gave the go ahead on April 29th actually during the time of the wedding. My guess is that it was deemed too dicey for them to be out of the country at this time and safer staying within the UK.

Tags
royal honeymoon seychelles island country