The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Royal Honeymoon Poll

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where will William & Kate go for their honeymoon?

• Jordan

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Romania

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • A Caribbean island owned by Richard Branson

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • We will never know!

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I guess where they are going to spend their honeymoon is a moot point for now (I guess we will find out later).

I'm surprised they're staying in the UK for another couple of days. Or could it be perhaps they're already at the honeymoon spot and they're using the UK as a diversion?

CrownPrincess5 said:
I'm surprised they're staying in the UK for another couple of days. Or could it be perhaps they're already at the honeymoon spot and they're using the UK as a diversion?

I believe William is going back to RAF work Monday so I don't think it's a diversion

MRSJ said:
I believe William is going back to RAF work Monday so I don't think it's a diversion

CNN said he'll be back to RAF in two weeks. Wow can't depend on American tv for info.

So their honeymoon is only 3 days?

CrownPrincess5 said:
CNN said he'll be back to RAF in two weeks. Wow can't depend on American tv for info.

So their honeymoon is only 3 days?

I read they are somewhere in England for the weekend privately and he returns Monday and they are taking honeymoon at later date.....

Rosapru said:
NO HONEYMOON FOR THE MOMENT
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have chosen not to depart for a honeymoon immediately. Instead, after spending the weekend privately in the United Kingdom, The Duke will return to work as a Search and Rescue pilot next week.
The locations of both their private weekend before The Duke returns to work and their future honeymoon, which will be overseas, will not be disclosed in advance.
The Couple have asked that their privacy be respected during the coming weekend and during their honeymoon.

Edit- Sorry I am wrong, he's returning to work Tuesday :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-awakes-Princess--Williams-work-Tuesday.html

Last edited:
I read they are somewhere in England for the weekend privately and he returns Monday and they are taking honeymoon at later date.....

Somehow I can imagine after all the hustle and bustle and an extremely long day Kate saying "Can we just go home now?"

I keep reading (and it's also on this thread) that he had to apply in the usual way for a leave from work, and took what was available (I can't remember when they chose their wedding date - but it wasn't a year ago; vacations from SAR can be hard to arrange).

He gets two weeks in May - he is back at work on Monday, and I suspect, they'll be living in the same house as they've been living in.

William returns to work on Monday, makes sense then they will stay in the UK but reports previously had said he had 2 weeks off including the British press, maybe change of plans?
Kate looked really nice in the morning pictures, a very happy couple.

I keep reading (and it's also on this thread) that he had to apply in the usual way for a leave from work, and took what was available (I can't remember when they chose their wedding date - but it wasn't a year ago; vacations from SAR can be hard to arrange).

Yes I am sure that the honeymoon is delayed because the SAR would not approve the Commander-In-Chief's grandson's honeymoon vacation :whistling:

Royal wedding: security fears hit Prince William and Kate Middleton's honeymoon plan - Telegraph

Prince William and his new wife have postponed their honeymoon abroad in a surprise last-minute announcement.

The sudden change, announced on Saturday, came despite aides having said consistently that the honeymoon would immediately follow the wedding, and Miss Middleton shopping for sundresses and bikinis last week.

There was speculation it may have been prompted by security concerns.

What we have been told is that he had to apply for honeymoon leave in the same way as anyone else.

What people have read into that is that he applied to have that leave immediately after the wedding.

He might in fact have always intended on applying for it later in the year.

Doesn't the Duke have a visit to Canada coming up soon ? Maybe talking that trip and a honey moon is too much leave with the SAR.

Doesn't the Duke have a visit to Canada coming up soon ? Maybe talking that trip and a honey moon is too much leave with the SAR.

I doubt it. The state visit to Canada is in late June (June 30-July 8) and he has applied for a two-week honeymoon absence with the RAF. I don't think that bites.

Last edited:
I'm now wondering whether the change in honeymoon plans was due to Osama bin Laden's death. It's only just been announced but it happened two weeks ago and I would expect the various secret services have been in touch about it. Perhaps The Powers That Be thought it would be too risky for William and Kate to be on hols overseas at the time the news of bin Laden's death was expected to be announced.

Roslyn said:
I'm now wondering whether the change in honeymoon plans was due to Osama bin Laden's death. It's only just been announced but it happened two weeks ago and I would expect the various secret services have been in touch about it. Perhaps The Powers That Be thought it would be too risky for William and Kate to be on hols overseas at the time the news of bin Laden's death was expected to be announced.

I was wrong, it wasn't 2 weeks ago- sorry. Obama said it occurred today, so probably last night...... but they may have found out last night and that could have effected the change, it's food for thought at least...other gov't were informed and security beefed up for fear of his supporters attacking back so maybe.....

It is entirely possible that the US government notified the British government on Saturday morning about the intelligence and the upcoming operation, which then caused the British government to take precautions.

Reports are that Obama gave the go ahead on April 29th actually during the time of the wedding. My guess is that it was deemed too dicey for them to be out of the country at this time and safer staying within the UK.

Well, tropical island in the Indian Ocean seems like a greta choice especially this time of the year.

I read reports that the couple spent the weekend at Windsor Castle.

Actually, it happened today and I wouldn't be at all surprised if knowing that this would happen, the British Intelligence thought it would be much safer for them to postpone their honeymoon. Very wise move

Actually, it happened today and I wouldn't be at all surprised if knowing that this would happen, the British Intelligence thought it would be much safer for them to postpone their honeymoon. Very wise move

I think its very possible that intelligence most likely knew how close they were getting to this operation and suggested remaining 'undercovers" (I know.. I know.. bad pun).

From my understanding, Osama Bin Laden was killed at 3:30pm EST 05/01/2011 which was 8:30 pm London time.

Osipi said:
I think its very possible that intelligence most likely knew how close they were getting to this operation and suggested remaining 'undercovers" (I know.. I know.. bad pun).

From my understanding, Osama Bin Laden was killed at 3:30pm EST 05/01/2011 which was 8:30 pm London time.

If he wasn't killed until last night and the royals chose to postpone the honeymoon 2 weeks ago, I see no connection. The operation to kill Osama began 4 years ago, I can't imagine all the royals have been on "high alert" for 4 years. I don't see the reason to tie things together when it's just coincidence. Like the Pippa and Harry situation.

If he wasn't killed until last night and the royals chose to postpone the honeymoon 2 weeks ago, I see no connection. The operation to kill Osama began 4 years ago, I can't imagine all the royals have been on "high alert" for 4 years. I don't see the reason to tie things together when it's just coincidence. Like the Pippa and Harry situation.

Actually from the coverage over here the final "go get him" was issued by Obama on the 29th (I think most likely during the wedding celebrations itself). It told of the dates of Obama's meetings leading up to this specific operation during March and April and yes.. it HAS been an ongoing top priority hunt for this (I can't even think of a word to describe Bin Laden) since 9/11. I do not doubt for a minute that US intelligence kept this all to themselves and this would also have been a top priority in HM's red box. With this in mind, I do think that they'd advise to stay close to home. To be honest, I'd not heard anything about the switch in honeymoon plans and the quick return to work until early Sunday morning. Maybe I was too focused on the wedding.

As an aside, as Mr. Remote and I watched the coverage here leading up to Obama making a statement, we saw the crowds start to gather outside the White House (and later at Ground Zero) we both remarked "is that really a good idea to do?" Bin Laden may be dead but his group and his ideals certainly are not.

The news are that they have delayed the honeymoon because of William's work reasons...they should be somewhere in England and this week at their oficial residence...

It makes some sense that the British government would not want to have the highest profile-couple of the world at the moment outside of the UK when the US was planning to attack Bin Laden's compound. Especially if they were really going to the Seychelles in a private plane as has been reported - such planes normally have to land at least once during such a long flight and probably in Dubai or another Arab country. What if a sympathizer of Bin Laden working at an airport spontaneously decided to kill them? too much risk involved. Much safer to let them spend some days in a Royal reisdence and then have them securely for a time on an RAF military Base in Wales. Once the furore died down, they can go and have their honeymoon.

Calling them the highest profile couple in the world is certainly a big title to give them. They aren't IMO. Not being disrespectful to anyone, but they're royalty, they play no major part in politics or the day to day running of anything. Yes if anything happened to one member, god forbid, touch wood etc it would be a huge tragedy but for people not for politics or any major organisation. hope I'm getting my message across the right way here :)
What I meant by the four years thing is that this operation has been going on for that long, Obama could have ordered 'the kill' if the moment was right at any point in those 4 years. Coincidence that he ordered it on Williams wedding day.
If O ordered the kill on Friday, W postponed the honeymoon on Saturday and Osama was killed at 8:30pm last night, yes?

Back
Top Bottom