The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Royal Honeymoon Poll

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where will William & Kate go for their honeymoon?

• Jordan

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Romania

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • A Caribbean island owned by Richard Branson

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • We will never know!

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Indeed, how long does a royal honeymoon generally last anyway? A week, two weeks, three?

Diana and Charles was about two months. They had some time at Broadlands and then a cruise on the Britannia and some time at Balmoral as well - all on the honeymoon.

I was also commenting on the previous comment that Lizard Island is booked out for the last week in May but William will be back on duty by then.

I think they will go to Scotland. Its in keeping with the "austerity" concerns around the wedding and on HM own estates security can be more easily maintained. Also, with William only having 2 weeks leave...........

None of the Above, because I hope you choose to Turkiye for a pair of royal honeymoon. Maybe Rodos or Greece.

Last edited:
I've been hearing Lizard Island, Australia. Lizard Island though not privately owned has only one resort with 40 villas and is only accessible by a 60 minute flight for Cairns. It looks absolutley STUNNING! Must look in to it for myself ;)
imgres

I do think maybe it's in Australia. Queensland or Lizard Island.

Somewhere quiet and sunny,and remote,the Seychelles maybe..

Canada is a very quiet place ;) It would be perfect for them :lol:

I think their honeymoon is going to be low key and probably within the British Isles.

The honeymoon spot will be leaked soon. Where will the couple set up house? Anglesey?

Canada is a very quiet place ;) It would be perfect for them :lol:

But as they are to make a tour there later this summer it would mean two trips there in a couple of months.

dazzling said:
Im sure it will, it's just a matter of time but I do like the fact that it is a surprise to Kate.

That is so very sweet of him. He's quite thoughtful...Kate didn't lie when she said there's a true romantic in Will.

I just watched the balcony scene for the first time. The couple looked beautiful. Kate looked very surprised. She was in a daze. I love how William initiated the first kiss and Kate initiated the second kiss. That was lovely.

I'd rather not know the honeymoon destination.

Are they already on their way? No one has seen them...

I read in the Telegraph live report that 4 pizzas were delivered around midnight yesterday to the palace even though they had late night catering for the guests. I wonder a bit if this wasn't the exit route for the couple and they are already long on their way to their destination... Suspicious mind that I am...

Never would think of Romania as a place to spend one's honeymoon. If they did, where would they stay? I know Romania is a beautiful country from pictures I've seen of it.

William and Catherine have delayed their honeymoon for a later date. I wonder why?

Rosapru said:
NO HONEYMOON FOR THE MOMENT
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have chosen not to depart for a honeymoon immediately. Instead, after spending the weekend privately in the United Kingdom, The Duke will return to work as a Search and Rescue pilot next week.
The locations of both their private weekend before The Duke returns to work and their future honeymoon, which will be overseas, will not be disclosed in advance.
The Couple have asked that their privacy be respected during the coming weekend and during their honeymoon.

From another thread-

Last edited:
There could be some logic in taking a honeymoon at a later date. They would probably be able to get away more discretely and keep their honeymoon more private.

I actually think it is a smart move - almost everyone expects the couple to depart for their honeymoon straight after the wedding.
Now they are not gone yet and William is headed back for work this Monday (or at least that is what is being said... but I'll take their word for it ;)).

It gives them more space for a quiet leave - clever thinking.

Never would think of Romania as a place to spend one's honeymoon. If they did, where would they stay? I know Romania is a beautiful country from pictures I've seen of it.

Prince Charles has a house in Romania.

Back
Top Bottom