Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wbenson

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
United States
Catherine-Pre-250.png

Welcome to the thread to discuss Catherine Middleton's wedding tiara.

This thread will be opened once Catherine emerges from the Goring Hotel. Until then, please see the Catherine Middleton Wedding Tiara suggestions and musings thread.

Thank you!

Warren, Wbenson, & Zonk
British Forums Moderators

Last edited:
it's not a huge tiara. it seems thin! IM DYING WITH EXCITEMENT to find out what it is!!!

I am listening to the French TV, I think they mentioned The Scroll Tiara, not sure that I heard correct though.

Maybe the were justing loose chatting about different tiaras... (regarding my previous post)

I am listening to the French TV, I think they mentioned The Scroll Tiara, not sure that I heard correct though.

That is what I heard - The Queen Mum's Scroll Tiara.

It's being said it's the lovers knot-

It does look like the cambridge lover's knot tiara

==============

edit: looking at a closeup, it is the queen mum's scroll tiara

Last edited:
The Wedding Dress, Bridesmaids' Dresses and Page' Uniforms

The veil is held in place by a Cartier ‘halo’ tiara, lent to Miss Middleton by The Queen. The ‘halo’ tiara was made by Cartier in 1936 and was purchased by The Duke of York (later King George VI) for his Duchess (later Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother) three weeks before he succeeded his brother as King. The tiara was presented to Princess Elizabeth (now The Queen) by her mother on the occasion of her 18th birthday.

wbenson said:
The Wedding Dress, Bridesmaids' Dresses and Page' Uniforms

The veil is held in place by a Cartier ‘halo’ tiara, lent to Miss Middleton by The Queen. The ‘halo’ tiara was made by Cartier in 1936 and was purchased by The Duke of York (later King George VI) for his Duchess (later Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother) three weeks before he succeeded his brother as King. The tiara was presented to Princess Elizabeth (now The Queen) by her mother on the occasion of her 18th birthday.

No one mentioned this that I remember as a choice wow

Yep! I recognised it as soon as they had a close up!

Some news channels are saying its the halo tiara and others are saying its the scroll tiara!!!

I think its the scroll though! Need to see it without the veil over it. She looks stunning!

Conorius said:
Some news channels are saying its the halo tiara and others are saying its the scroll tiara!!!

I think its the scroll though! Need to see it without the veil over it. She looks stunning!

Officials saidHalo, I believe

I am so glad we were all surprised!!!! Its great that she went with something so classical looking and it matchs the hair down and the dress perfectly!

Fantastic choice! I think it looks beautiful on her. I think it compliments her dress and overall look.

Beautiful tiara. Looks fantastic with her dress.

Per people who know this stuff in wedding thread Scroll and Halo are NOT the same tiara, so I sticking with that until I see reports calling it scroll

Edit- Ella Kay saying it's the scroll/ Halo - she knows these things so I back to that

@palaceprincess I believe it's the Scroll, though the official sources are calling it the "Halo."
web • 4/29/11 6:25 AM

Last edited:
Indeed! I have heard three news channels say Halo Cartier tiara, and two more say its the queen mums scroll tiara!

I want to see the official statement from clarence house!

Can anyone post photos of Scroll Tiara? I'm getting confused with the whole discussion. No comments on BBC or other tv channel on this matter?

According to the BBC;

The veil is held in place by a Cartier "halo" tiara, lent to Miss Middleton by the Queen.
Made by Cartier in 1936, it was purchased by the Queen's father, the Duke of York (later King George VI) for his Duchess (later Queen Elizabeth and the Queen Mother) three weeks before he succeeded his brother as King.
The tiara was presented to Princess Elizabeth (now the Queen) by her mother on her 18th birthday.

Veil and Jewellery

The veil is made of layers of soft, ivory silk tulle with a trim of hand-embroidered flowers, which was embroidered by the Royal School of Needlework. The veil is held in place by a Cartier ‘halo’ tiara, lent to Miss Middleton by The Queen. The ‘halo’ tiara was made by Cartier in 1936 and was purchased by The Duke of York (later King George VI) for his Duchess (later Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother) three weeks before he succeeded his brother as King. The tiara was presented to Princess Elizabeth (now The Queen) by her mother on the occasion of her 18th birthday.

The Bride’s earrings, by Robinson Pelham, are diamond-set stylised oak leaves with a pear shaped diamond set drop and a pavé set diamond acorn suspended in the centre. Inspiration for the design comes from the Middleton family's new coat of arms, which includes acorns and oak leaves. The earrings were made to echo the tiara. The earrings were a personal gift to the Bride from her parents for her Wedding Day.

Robinson Pelham have also designed and made a pair of diamond earrings for Miss Philippa Middleton. These earrings are more floral in nature to compliment the headpiece worn by Miss Philippa Middleton during the Service.

A tourmaline and diamond pendant and matching earrings have been designed and made for Mrs. Carole Middleton. Two gold stick pins, one with a single gold acorn at the head and the other with an oak leaf, are also worn respectively by the Father of the Bride, Mr. Michael Middleton, and the Bride's brother, Mr. James Middleton.

So it seems the official line is that it is the Halo Tiara.

Apparently Halo=Scroll. Its the Halo Scroll tiara, but we've always just called it the Scroll tiara.

Back
Top Bottom