Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed -she's goign to have so much time to wear the big and the bold tiaras when(if) she's Queen.

The Halo wasn't what I was expecting (that was the Teck Crescent, which I'm now hoping she'll get when William is Heair Apparent ;)) but it's very nice :twohearts: It shows alot of admiration for The Duchess, to loan her such a personal piece.

I thought it was a VERY small tiara for such a statuesque lady. That tiara was originally purchased for the lady who became the late QEQM. QEQM was a tiny lady.

I thought it was a VERY small tiara for such a statuesque lady. That tiara was originally purchased for the lady who became the late QEQM. QEQM was a tiny lady.

Scooter we heard reports that the Duchess of Cambrigde did not want to wear a tiara. Maybe that is why it was chosen.:flowers:

I too think the best part about the tiara (aside from fitting the style the Duchess chose), was its strong sentimental associations. The Royal Family seems to have embraced Duchess Kate with real warmth and affection.

I agree wholeheartedly. The Scroll was one of my favorite contenders, and so I was thrilled to spot it under the veil on the ride to the church. I just love the history of it, and think it was the perfect choice...not only for the way it suits Catherine, but for the sentimentality.

I just love the history of it, and think it was the perfect choice...not only for the way it suits Catherine, but for the sentimentality.

Agree. The Duchess wore the scroll tiara beautifully.

Because of the way she wore her veil (which I think is the most attractive and flattering way to wear it), a larger tiara or even one like the Fringe which is pointy, would not only potentially rip a hole in it, but would look weird on top of her head.

I wasn't a fan of the scroll halo tiara. But after all it look nice with the veil, flowers and wedding dress. It fit. I wonder how it will look on Catherine in other events if HM loan it to the Duchess for long time. Btw does HM loan it to the Duchess for more than once? I'm not sure.
Thanks.

I loved it, and the fact that this piece has rarely been worn, together with its provenance, only added to the beauty of the choice. If it's true that Catherine didn't want to wear a tiara, I'm so glad she was overuled/persuaded otherwise!

Speaking of acorns, have you had a look at the D&DoCa's combined coat of arms. Nice. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes I have seen her new coat of arms, and I think it was very nicely done. Like someone else said in another thread, it would be nice if when they have children that acorns are incorporated somehow, the same was the escallop was incorporated in William and Harry's arms. Maybe acorns and escallops for when Charles is King and their children as grandchildren of the monarch in the male line will have five points.

Because of the way she wore her veil (which I think is the most attractive and flattering way to wear it), a larger tiara or even one like the Fringe which is pointy, would not only potentially rip a hole in it, but would look weird on top of her head.

I totally had that same thought. The larger tiaras would not have nestled in front of her "bump" of hair and would have totally snagged her veil. She would have had to wear them over the veil which would have been odd.

-AR

The tiara suited her well....she is the the son's wife, not the Prince of Wales' wife. I thought the bouquet was too small to reflect that it represented a shield. Any others people know the reasoning?

Her coat of arms is lovely. Who decides what it looks like? Is it the Queen that gives the commission to make it for her?

Her coat of arms is lovely. Who decides what it looks like? Is it the Queen that gives the commission to make it for her?

I don't think the Queen had anything to say about it before Catherine married into the family. From what I have read, the Middletons decided together how their coat of arms would look like.

The family may have had ideas (acorns for their 3 children), but it's the College of Arms that determines what the coat of arms will look like. It can't be too weird, or the same as another coat, or enough like another so that it could be mistaken for it. Though that last isn't so much an issue as formerly, when you needed to be able to read blazons in battle to know who was on your side...

But this is OT for tiaras...

Im very disappointed in her choice to be honest.Its a nice tiara but very underwhelming.

It wasn't her "choice" per se. The Queen decided what she would wear, and Catherine graciously accepted. So if you don't like it, blame HM, not Catherine.

As a matter of note, Catherine wasn't marrying the heir, and it wasn't a state occasion, so there would have been no need for HM to offer her any of the larger, more grand pieces.

Im very disappointed in her choice to be honest.Its a nice tiara but very underwhelming.

I don't think it suited her. Margaret looked great in it but then again she had petite features. Kate doesn't, not that it is a bad thing. After all the tiara was designed for the Queen Mother. Maybe the tiara will look better with a different hairstyle.

Was it really her choice, HM? I mean I thought the Queen selected a few choices and then let the bride-to-be choose? I may be wrong though.

Think how tiny Margaret and QEQM were, Catherine is 8-9 inches taller. Also, what's all this about 'appropriate to a young bride'. She's nearly 30.

I liked the tiara, and I thought it looked good on her. I think a huge tiara might have looked overwhelming on her head. On my screen she looked tiny then again if you stand next to William you would look tiny.

Think how tiny Margaret and QEQM were, Catherine is 8-9 inches taller. Also, what's all this about 'appropriate to a young bride'. She's nearly 30.

Ha! I think the fringe tiara would have worked better because it looks to be made for a wider head. For example, if you look at the current Queen on her wedding day the tiara, on the sides, doesn't look like it fits her. Also the hair didn't work for me. I am not sure what would make it look better for me. In my opinion Margaret wore it best and she always looked like she had short hair. That way the tiara didn't get overwhelmed by all that hair.

I do think that we will being seeing a lot of this tiara again. As the BRF ladies are not known for switching out their tiaras reguraly. Besides it is my understanding that Kate won't be going to a lot of big events so there is no need for multiple tiaras like the Queen wears.

Last edited:
Also the hair didn't work for me. I am not sure what would make it look better for me. In my opinion Margaret wore it best and she always looked like she had short hair. That way the tiara didn't get overwhelmed by all that hair.

Are you talking about Princess Margaret's wedding day look? Because if I recall correctly, she had a hair pile-up on top of her head that looked like a dead possum.

I realize the tiara is on loan from the Queen, but for how long?
Has it already been returned, or does Catherine get to keep it awhile, for future use?

Shortly after Catherine and William were engaged, Her Majesty brought Catherine around and let her choose her wedding tiara. The Scroll tiara is perfect for her and I imagine it's probably not as heavy and uncomfortable to wear. That was Diana's complaint that the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara was very heavy and uncomfortable, but she chose that tiara herself. I wouldn't be surprised that Catherine will be able to wear the Scroll from now on at formal occasions.

Published false news of Kate's wedding crown. Is this true?

Back
Top Bottom