The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi
It's not your decision nor is it your jewelry; it belongs to the BRF and the ladies can do whatever the heck they want with it. I admire Kate for not falling into the freakin Cinderella fantasy and being practical and realistic with her wedding.
Mmm I do know it's not my jewelry and not my decision but I'm allowed to have view and I thought that was the point I was making. You might not like it but you don't have to be rude

Old 01-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Commoner

Catherine doesn't seem to be a woman who wears "showy" jewelry, for lack of a better word, so the Halo Tiara seemed to "fit" her personality. Personally, I so hoped she would have chosen the Strathmore Rose Tiara if that had been an option. In the future though, I hope she starts to wear more and more of the BRF jewels if given the opportunity.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
My opinion is that Kate is a woman that knows what looks good on her and that she doesn't need serious bling to call attention to herself. With her bridal attire, it was all pieced together perfectly "Kate" and much of her attire had sentimental reasons from the flowers she picked, to the acorn themed family earrings she wore and the Halo tiara crowned it off perfectly for me.

As far as what is young and what is old? I just like to think "old enough to know better and young enough not to care". Age is a state of mind.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As far as what is young and what is old? I just like to think "old enough to know better and young enough not to care". Age is a state of mind.
Perfectly said; and I'll keep repeating that as I see more and more birthdays pile up!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Serene Highness

I really liked the tiara, I thought it was simple and lovely. The simplest of the tiara has nothing to do with her liking "showy" jewelry or not she probably found nothing better than wearing a simple tiara with that dress
Old 01-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

You could almost say Kate chose the most "discreet" of whatever tiaras she had a choice among that complemented her dress and taste.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Thank you!

I still don't understand how you can think she isn't a young bride, especially since you are older than me? Per your post, her age had nothing to do with tiara she chose as you wrote "Everyone calls her a 'young bride', but she is not." There was no mention of her height in relation to the tiara she chose.
To be honest, we don't really know that Catherine "chose" anything at all. It was a gift (lifetime) from the Queen and regardless of some reports that she got to "pick" from a large array spread out before her, I sincerely doubt that that is how the Queen bestows her "Gifts".

That being said, it is a beautiful piece of work and I look forward to it's first official outing adorning the Duchesses tresses.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

However Kate received that tiara, whether by choice or as an outright gift, we're not going to know most likely. But it's obviously for lifetime since her wedding earrings were designed with the tiara's motif in mind, so we know it'll be around for future use (hopefully soon).
Old 01-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought her earrings were acorns, they went well with the tiara but I thought that was just luck? Also perhaps she was given a choice between 2 or 3 tiaras and the others were ugly. With yellow and green and pink with orange flowers or something.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I thought her earrings were acorns, they went well with the tiara but I thought that was just luck?
Planning for a grand Royal Wedding is meticulous, down to the smallest detail. I doubt that "luck" was involved.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Also Kate's dress was not over the top so she couldn't wear a tiara that overshadowed the gown, the gown has to be the star not whats on top of her head.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I thought her earrings were acorns, they went well with the tiara but I thought that was just luck?
The upper part of the earrings have a similar swirl design to the tiara's motif, so that was definitely deliberate planning. Kate's in for the long haul with that tiara, I'm sure.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Didn't the acorn come from her family coat of arms?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Didn't the acorn come from her family coat of arms?
Yes, the Middletons chose acorns for their coat of arms. The earrings are made up of a stylized acorn leaf and a dangling acorn. But the design of the acorn leaf very much resembles the scrolls on the tiara. And I bet that this resemblence was very carefully planned.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

Any reason as to why acorns?
Old 03-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
Any reason as to why acorns?
Acorns are part of her family coat of arms. The earrings were commissioned by her parents as a wedding gift.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

There were several reasons for the acorn motif chosen for the coat of arms and consequently the design in the earrings: the 3 acorns in the coat of arms represent the Middleton children, acorns symbolize strength, Englishness and propagation since oaks grow from the scattering of acorns. Oak trees are also common in Berkshire and the town of Bucklebury, where the Middletons live.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Gentry

Plus the Middletons' family home in Berkshire is named Oak Acre:

Kate's parents hit a brick wall over their bid to extend Middleton Manor | Mail Online
Old 05-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Courtier

I think Catherine might have chosen this tiara (if she did) because it looks like it't made out of C's
Old 05-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

All fine reasons to have them in the Middleton coat of arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
There were several reasons for the acorn motif chosen for the coat of arms and consequently the design in the earrings: the 3 acorns in the coat of arms represent the Middleton children, acorns symbolize strength, Englishness and propagation since oaks grow from the scattering of acorns. Oak trees are also common in Berkshire and the town of Bucklebury, where the Middletons live.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding