The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I know she's a wife to an heir to an heir but,she is going to be Queen one day!And I feel she should have had a grander tiara.But,I think the Scroll spared her a headache!

Old 07-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Courtier

Catherine is never pictured with a lot of jewelery. I think the tiara suited her perfectly. She will have plenty of time to acclimate to the more elaborate tiaras.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

Kate's wedding tiara looked beautiful on her, she looked like a princess before she was officially one:) except I only wonder how come I haven't seen it before.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

As has been stated many times before the Halo Tiara fit Catherine's personality as well as her theme for her wedding day. Catherine didn't want big grand and fussy; she clearly wanted simple elegance and beauty which is probably why she settled on the Halo Tiara.
A lot of comments have been about the Fringe Tiara, I might be wrong, but wouldn't a tiara like that be better suited for a bride who is not wearing the veil over her face? The way it is designed just immediately makes me think that there would always been a fear that it would rip the veil.
Just to clarify, the tiara that Kate wore has the names: Scroll/Halo/Cartier Tiara; all three are correct?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
Kate's wedding tiara looked beautiful on her, she looked like a princess before she was officially one:) except I only wonder how come I haven't seen it before.
This Cartier Halo tiara was purchased by The Duke of York (later King George VI) for his Duchess (The Queen Mother) three weeks before he succeeded his brother as King. The tiara was then borrowed by Princess Margaret before the Queen gave Margaret the Persian Turquoise Tiara. The tiara was afterwards presented to Princess Elizabeth (later Queen Elizabeth II), by her mother on the occasion of her 18th birthday. Queen Elizabeth later lent the tiara to her Princess Anne before she received the Greek Meander Tiara from her mother in 1972. The tiara was then lent to Kate for her wedding day.

Because of the tiara's modesty, I do not think it has always been a popular piece in royal vault. However, it's smaller size is what makes this tiara truely equisite if worn by the right person on the right occasion. I think Kate's wedding day is proof of this.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Majesty

Thank you for the background information. I know it's not a grand piece, but from all tiaras I have seen, this one is one of my favorites, probably due to its' lack of grandeur.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Serene Highness

Ah yes,the halo Cartier tiara except to me I haven't see it on another British royal except Catherine middleton as she became HRH the duchess of cambridge.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just think for a statuesque lady of nearly 30, a larger tiara would have been more suitable. Everyone calls her a 'young bride', but she is not.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Heir Apparent

You are, of course, correct. Catherine is a new bride, not a young bride. However, the Halo Scroll is a perfect starter tiara for Catherine. After all, she has yet to attend a "tiara" event so any larger "significant" tiara would be a waste at this time.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I just think for a statuesque lady of nearly 30, a larger tiara would have been more suitable. Everyone calls her a 'young bride', but she is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
You are, of course, correct. Catherine is a new bride, not a young bride. However, the Halo Scroll is a perfect starter tiara for Catherine. After all, she has yet to attend a "tiara" event so any larger "significant" tiara would be a waste at this time.
I'm going to be a bride for the first time this year and I'm 44. So, Kate is most definitely a young bride.

Good grief, do you really need to get nit picky about what age constitutes a young bride in this day and age.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to you, Duchess, on your upcoming nuptials. Every woman is a blushing bride on her wedding day, no matter what her age. Are you considering a bridal tiara yourself on your wedding day?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Congratulations to you, Duchess, on your upcoming nuptials. Every woman is a blushing bride on her wedding day, no matter what her age. Are you considering a bridal tiara yourself on your wedding day?
Thank you, Baroness. Ironically, no tiara. The Duke-to-be is not a fan of tiaras, though embraces my love of all things royal. Our wedding is going to be a low key affair anyway so a tiara would be out of place.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
I'm going to be a bride for the first time this year and I'm 44. So, Kate is most definitely a young bride.

Good grief, do you really need to get nit picky about what age constitutes a young bride in this day and age.
My point is, she's not 19 and tiny, where a larger tiara might overwhelm her. at nearly 30, and 5'10", she is of a perfect age and physique to pull off the bigger stuff.

Conngratulations on your upcoming wedding! And BTW, I'm 48.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
My point is, she's not 19 and tiny, where a larger tiara might overwhelm her. at nearly 30, and 5'10", she is of a perfect age and physique to pull off the bigger stuff.

Conngratulations on your upcoming wedding! And BTW, I'm 48.
Thank you!

I still don't understand how you can think she isn't a young bride, especially since you are older than me? Per your post, her age had nothing to do with tiara she chose as you wrote "Everyone calls her a 'young bride', but she is not." There was no mention of her height in relation to the tiara she chose.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Administrator

I think it has more to do with age than anything. A woman in her late twenties is not a young bride. When I think young bride, I think anyone younger than 24 or so.

Congrats on your up and coming wedding!

Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Courtier

I would call a woman in their 30's a young bride. Most celebs and non-celebs who get married at 30 or so are still call a young bride. Charlene was call a young bride at 33. I think it depends on the region and where people live. In some region most people get married in their early 20's and in some their late 30's.

I didn't see anything wrong with her tiara, it look the same size a Princess Mary wedding tiara who was 32 when she got married
Old 01-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who cares what constitutes the term "young". Catherine is not an over the top person, she wanted to wear flowers in her hair instead of a tiara according to some sources; just be glad that she was convinced to actually put on a tiara at all, as has been said before, Kate doesn't seem to be the kind of girl who likes showy jewelry and wouldn't be prone to wearing a Princess of Wales type tiara; plus the history of the Halo Tiara fits more to Catherine's situation. She is not a Crown Princess and is a royal who is just starting out.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

It seems a shame to me for the royal family to have such beautiful jewelry that's hardly ever worn and if Kate doesn't like "showy" jewelry most of it won't be worn.

European royals seem to wear theirs a lot more. I know there would be some people who would complain but it's better worn than locked away where no one gets to enjoy it
Old 01-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's not your decision nor is it your jewelry; it belongs to the BRF and the ladies can do whatever the heck they want with it. I admire Kate for not falling into the freakin Cinderella fantasy and being practical and realistic with her wedding.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:25 PM

A woman in her early 30s can still be considered to be a young bride? Yipee! There's hope for me!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding