Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There were several reasons for the acorn motif chosen for the coat of arms and consequently the design in the earrings: the 3 acorns in the coat of arms represent the Middleton children, acorns symbolize strength, Englishness and propagation since oaks grow from the scattering of acorns. Oak trees are also common in Berkshire and the town of Bucklebury, where the Middletons live.

How interesting. Thank you for sharing. This explanation makes perfect sense, of course, and explains why acorns were portrayed in Catherine's wedding earrings. Aren't acorns also a part of Catherine's personal coat of arms that she now uses as the Duchess of Cambridge?

You're welcome!:flowers: The acorns are on her coat of arms and you can see it right at the beginning of the Duke and Duchess' general information page.

You're welcome!:flowers: The acorns are on her coat of arms and you can see it right at the beginning of the Duke and Duchess' general information page.

Thank you again :flowers:. I knew my eyes weren't deceiving me, but just wanted to make sure.

I don't know why because they are really not that similar but her tiara reminds me of the one in my current avatar - the coronet worn by Claire Bloom as Anne Neville in Olivier's Richard III.

I have a thought that if Catherine married William as the Prince of Wales, she probably would have worn the Fringe Tiara.

I have a thought that if Catherine married William as the Prince of Wales, she probably would have worn the Fringe Tiara.

It is a beautiful tiara and would have looked gorgeous on Kate too. I think that one was a no go for the wedding basically as it still remains as one the personal favorites of HM. It wouldn't go over well if Kate did wear it to her wedding and over the following years when HM wears it, people could say "the Queen is wearing Kate's wedding tiara". I think now that she's worn the Halo tiara, that will be the tiara available to her exclusively should she need one.

Catherine doesn't seem to be a woman who wears "showy" jewelry, for lack of a better word, so the Halo Tiara seemed to "fit" her personality. Personally, I so hoped she would have chosen the Strathmore Rose Tiara if that had been an option. In the future though, I hope she starts to wear more and more of the BRF jewels if given the opportunity.

Yes, she seems to 'scale up' to meet the occasion, rather than 'scale down' to avoid the limelight. I wonder about the 2 other tiaras she was supposedly offered. And can't help thinking it might be some sort of test :p.

Although the Halo tiara complemented her dress and overall look almost perfectly, it was a bit small. The Cambridge lovers know doesn't quite look her style - but she'll probably get it. The Strathmore rose really grew on me, but I can't really see 'her' in it either.

The Greek key has simpler, geometric designs. I'd like to see a (maybe reworked) Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara or the Girls of Great Britian and Ireland on her someday.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a (maybe reworked) Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara or the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland on her someday.

How would you like to see the Grand Duchess Vladamir tiara reworked?

How would you like to see the Grand Duchess Vladamir tiara reworked?

They might create some kind of charm or motif, studded with smaller gems, for where the large pearl or emerald drops might go. A bit like her earrings. Or she could wear it bare (a little plain).

Last edited:
Catherine did not have her own tiara commissioned for her royal wedding to Prince William. The decision had something to do with William.
http://www.ibtimes.com/prince-willi...n-having-own-tiara-made-royal-wedding-2821047

The source of the information was Reddit that says it all right there :lol:

Seriously the 'expert' clearly doesnt know anything about tiaras.

Natasja Rose, a disability support worker, said that if Prince William requested for a tiara to be designed for his wife then it might have been possible.

“But tiaras are usually gifts from foreign royals or family heirlooms shared by the women of the family on special occasions. Besides, the crown jewels and HM’s personal collection (inherited and gifted) have a massive assortment of tiaras, only a few of which are worn with any regularity… Tiaras often have precious stones numbering in the thousands, each one worth A LOT of money, and the cheapest I’ve seen was still valued at over $1 million,” she said.

Clearly this support worker hasnt done much research. A tiara could have been made or purchased (by auction or such) for far less then a million.

And Fergie is a prime example that a tiara can be made for a commoner bride.

There are so few opportunities to wear a tiara that I can't see commissioning a new one when there are so many sitting in the vaults.
Especially in Kate's case, since she will one day be Queen and have more tiaras than she can use.

I know, if it were my choice, I'd much prefer spending the money on other items of jewelry instead of a tiara.

:previous: Mirabel, That is an excellent consideration. With so many gorgeous tiaras, there is also a vast amount of history with them.

Back
Top Bottom