The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

I read in one of the collectible magazines that the Crown is having a new one commissioned for Catherine. I'll try to find the magazine at home and list it.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Aristocracy

i am not really sure about how her dress was made, is the train seperate or is it a really long skirt?

Old 05-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that there's been any news released about that, but it could have been loaned to Catherine for her lifetime. If this becomes the tiara we see again and again, then this is probably the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I realize the tiara is on loan from the Queen, but for how long?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Aristocracy

found it.. it's on page 41 of the collectible US magazine.

Us Collectors Edition: Royal Wedding (post-wedding edition), Magazine - Barnes & Noble

A new 120 carat tiara has been commissioned from Royal Asscher.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Here some history on the Halo tiara:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Halo Scroll Tiara
Old 07-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

The more I see it, the more I dislike the tiara and understand why so many BRF women wear it then dump it.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi
The more I see it, the more I dislike the tiara and understand why so many BRF women wear it then dump it.
See, and the more I see it, the more I like it.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Majesty

I think the scroll tiara is gorgeous, but what really sold me was its' simplicity. This piece of jewelry proves that sometimes less is more.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think the scroll tiara is gorgeous, but what really sold me was its' simplicity. This piece of jewelry proves that sometimes less is more.
Yes. A fringe tiara or another one too big would not go well with the lace on the top part of the dress.

Let's think about Victoria, Mary, Maxima, they used bigger tiaras, but the design of the wedding gown, was clean so you didn't need to worry about that. Or even, in Victoria's case, the dress was simple probably because the tiara had already so much going on that anything else would've made it look tacky.

Catherine's hairdresser confirmed on a interview (I'm looking it for online to post the link) that she did considered not using any, so in that matter alone, I'm so glad she changed her mind. Also He said The Queen offered her 3 different pieces to choose and then she picked the Scroll.

After reading that, one wonders which were the 3 tiaras HM let Catherine choose from...
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:23 AM
Commoner

I adore Catherine's tiara.it was very modest ,but there was something special in it.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the tiara would look good on Harry's wife or the York girls.But not on Kate.I think the Fringe tiara would look good on her.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Fringe Tiara is beautiful, but I honestly think it would have been too much for the kind of dress Kate went with. I understand why she went with the Halo Tiara, I just think there had to have been something better for her. If she wore the Fringe Tiara I would hope she would have worn her hair a different way. BTW is the Fringe Tiara perhaps to "high" for Kate's status? She's the wife of the heir's heir, so maybe it wasn't suited to her station.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Courtier

I agree the diamond Fringe Tiara is beatiful and will still look lovely on Kate when the right time comes. I think her choice of the Cartier Halo Tiara for her wedding was lovely and also a statement that she does not need to be a "glitzy" royal. I think she wants to be loved and admired for who she is and not by "over the top" jewel attire some royals feel they need. The couples' first official visit to Canada has proved that Kate can still be "tops" by opting for a classic natural look.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I fail to understand where the idea originated that the Halo is in some way "insignificant" and therefore not grand enough for Catherine.

Reality check. Catherine is the wife of the heir's heir, and as such her public exposure is less than that of the women who previously wore the Halo, namely the Queen Mother, the Queen, Princess Margaret and Princess Anne.

The halo looked great on Catherine and the addition of the acorn earrings was inspired. She obviously likes it and I think we will see her wearing it for the foreseeable future.

Let's not forget that the heir's wife has only two royal tiara's, as indeed does the Crown Princess of Denmark!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm looking at a few tiaras on a website, and the only one I liked was Queen Victoria's Diamond*Sapphire Tiara; that is the only other one I would have liked to see Kate in. Don't know if Kate would be allowed to wear it though.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:23 AM
Courtier

I agree, Queen Victoria's diamond and sapphire tiara is a very beautiful piece and suitably elegant for a young royal, like Kate, to wear. The Cartier Halo tiara is also very dainty and suits Kate very well indeed. One needs to bear in mind that most of these tiaras in the Winsor vault and other royal vaults are far too cumbersome and oversized to look suitably elegant in todays fashion. A lot of royals who still choose the large tiaras can look quite ridiculous. HM has always choosen her tiaras and jewel attire very well.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I'm looking at a few tiaras on a website, and the only one I liked was Queen Victoria's Diamond*Sapphire Tiara; that is the only other one I would have liked to see Kate in. Don't know if Kate would be allowed to wear it though.
Is that the one that belongs to the Harewoods?
Old 07-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I read on a blog that Prince Albert designed the Diamond and Sapphire Tiara. Just another reason for me to love that man.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:22 PM

It suits her perfectly. Is the scroll tiara hers now?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it must be at least on a long loan or it would not have been worth her parents having her complimemtary matching diamond earrings commissioned for her to wear with it on her wedding day.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding