Catherine Middleton's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the length of the veil and the way it works with the tiara, something Renaissance-inspired about that part, somehow. Regal and queenly, not all princessy.

Love the lace and the collar, that is exactly the style I was hoping for as well (and someone posted a similar dress drawing a few days ago - good call). Such a relief that the skirt wasn't elaborate or too Burton-y, the lace is so perfectly bridal - she has great taste and is an absolutely stunning bride.

There's never been another dress that I've liked as much as Princess Grace's, and I love the nod to that dress. It is simpler, somehow - in keeping with austere times.

The bouquet was also far simpler than I had expected, but worked so well with the dress. Kate seemed herself throughout.

What a great day.

The dress was simple and elegant, and completely Catherine. She looked like a true Princess today.

her dress is beautiful.I'm not sure about her veil though.Maybe keeping it simple works for her.

She must have asked Sarah Burton to design something like Grace Kellys dress. I think the dress is forgettable unfortunately.

I don't think it is forgettable. It suits her well and I think she's beautiful in it. She think she made the right choice for her. Westmininster is smaller than St. Pauls's and her wedding gown is suitable for that venue.

I know it must have been asked and answered but can someone tell me what tiara that was? I've seen so many and I recognized it immediately but could not put a name to it.:)

Last edited:
I totally loved how everything Kate wore was simply beautiful. The dress was simple and modest in a way yet it was very regal for the occasion. What impressed me was at one time the lens caught her from a side view at the altar and she almost looked madonna like. The way she carried herself showed her to be very much a royal.

BTW: I do read lips and William DID say "you look beautiful" to her at the altar. I was so glad to see that the both of them acted very solemn and composed all during the time in the Abbey. I was sure that William's face was trying very hard NOT to break out in big grins though.

Now for a quick snack before the balcony appearance!

Wonderful dress and outfit. I particularly love the wide skirt ! BEAUTIFUL !

The Duchess of Cambridge looked so beautiful. The dress reminds me also of Princess Grace.I think the dress was prefect for her.
The Duke looked so handsome also. A prefect wedding in my eyes.

Gorgeous dress! I absolutely love it and I'm glad that she chose McQueen. She looked simply stunning when she left the car and the veil covered her face. Also the tiara was the right choice. All thumbs up! :)

I really liked the dress! A pity that she had her hair down and a pity that it bore such a resemblance to Grace Kelly's dress... I expected it a little bit more unique... But, overall it's a really nice gown!

I was looking at getty images and can't wait to find more pictures as from zimbio where I find no watermarks. I was impressed with the few released photographs of the dress and the loving Catherine. I'm so tired of the rendezvous gatherings I've come in contact these last days but I will say I'm peaking with amore. What can I say? There's been so much coverage and I fell closer to everything worth the World's attention. So beautiful. Here's to more years and happy tears. It's interesting what people have gone through and witnessed. Wow. May you all find never ending homage to the inheritors of a historical legacy.

I am impressed. She looked utterly beautiful, and utterly herself - the dress didn't say Sarah Burton, it said Catherine. Well done!

Wow, she was gorgeous. I really liked the dress.

The dress was stunning! Kate was stunning! Every news channel here in the US is saying the dress style and Kate's natural elegance channels that of Grace Kelly. She has managed to bring back that timeless elegance of Grace Kelly- while being the epitome of the modern day princess.

Well done Kate, the designers, and everyone involved. Today she makes girls around the world believe in fairytales again.

William is exactly how I would picture a Prince Charming and Kate the perfect picture of a storybook Princess.

The dress is absolutely amazing! Catherine was a stunning bride and I'm happy she chose McQueen, Sarah Burton has created an amazing wedding gown.:flowers:

A beautiful and more practical dress than the one Diana wore, which was so badly creased by the time she got to the church.

I think the dress is lovely and perfectly tailored. So many brides, even in couture dresses, look awkward through the bodice, but this dress was impeccably fit to her. She has amazing posture and poise and it showed. I'm glad the bodice was lace, or the dress might have seemed too spare. It added a major touch of femininity. And the scroll tiara was just right: not too large, yet important enough. She has a very understated aesthetic and she stayed right in character.

Last edited by a moderator:
i did beleivie they would have a longer train on the dress but i think that would have spoiled it

The dress was beautiful and perfect and the veil very much in tune. If it were mine I would have added 2 more meters to the train, but of course it is my personal taste. Catherine is naturally and effortlessly ellegant.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Here's my oh-so-important opinion on how the big players looked at the Royal Wedding.

Kate M: 7/10. She looked like a foxier Imogen from Big Brother, and that is saying something!!!!!!!!!

Pippa M: 10/10. Out of pure interest, does anyone know her relationship status, as I would like to thoroughly disappoint her.

Beatrice: Hmmmmmmm. Did she get dressed in the dark? Soz, not even with a barge pole. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

I hoped you liked the Royal Wedding. I think I would be underplaying it if I said it was the best day of my life.

I am genuinely interested as to whether or not you agree with the ratings that I have made, and I simply can't wait to find out what you all think!!!!

That is how for now.

I wasn't sure what to expect from Catherine but this dress blew me away. It is timeless, detailed without being fussy. Like the best of all wedding dresses it will look as lovely 50 years from now as it did today.

The dress is absolutely amazing! Catherine was a stunning bride and I'm happy she chose McQueen, Sarah Burton has created an amazing wedding gown.:flowers:

The dress was absolutely beautiful and appropriate without being over the top.

Whenever I've looked at Sarah Burton's designs during this engagement, I mostly saw extreme designs that would have been really awful for something like this. With apologies to any of her fans, I have to say, "Who knew Sarah Burton could create something so normal looking?"

I'm so glad that the dress was perfect, the tiara was perfect, and the event went off without a hitch.

Kinda changed my mind now. Loved Pippas dress more than Kates one. The back view around the hip was weird. And why oh why did she made her make-up by herself? Why not hiring a make-up-artist! I don't mind if she wears that black-liner on a normal day or official event but not on her WEDDING! The Tiara was amazing :)

I am impressed. She looked utterly beautiful, and utterly herself - the dress didn't say Sarah Burton, it said Catherine. Well done!

Well said! I absolutely agree. This is the style of dress I imagined her in.

The dress is growing on me somewhat- though still think it's a bit too much like Graces to be considered original but liked it more later in the day!

I can not believe she and William are finally wed- it's surreal, wonder how it is for her

Did anyone else think Carole and Mike looked a bit sad (or maybe just nervous) on balconey?

Natural for parents to feel sad, proud and happy all in the same breath. Felt that way as all 4 of my children married. Glad they are grown up and responsible. The Middletons probably feel that way too. They also know they probably won't see as much of their daughter as normal families might with official duties and etc. It was a beautiful wedding and a handsome groom and a stunning bride--just right all round. I don't care if it "looked" like Pcss Grace, it was all KATE!!!

I think Kate looked almost sad compared to glowing Victoria last summer. Maybe she should've gotten the small wedding she wished for. I wish she would've chosen an updo to frame her face. Now she looked flat-headed. I also wish she would've chosen a professional make up artist. She could've done without the sad panda eyes.

I think Kate looked almost sad compared to glowing Victoria last summer.

I think there must have been times through the ceremony when the enormity of the occasion must have hit her - and yes that does reflect at times in some of the shots in the cathedral. No amount of practice could have prepared her for the actual experience. Remember that Victoria was born royal. But Kate's smiles and genuine warmth with William plus her natural elegance and beautiful appearance made her a glowing bride nonetheless.

:previous: Yes, she seems very shy. That reminds me of Diana a little. But she seems genuinely in love and I hope the two of them will become very happy. I hope she grows in her role and becomes more confident like Diana did.

Back
Top Bottom