The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 08:45 AM

Hi everyone!

Here's my oh-so-important opinion on how the big players looked at the Royal Wedding.

Kate M: 7/10. She looked like a foxier Imogen from Big Brother, and that is saying something!!!!!!!!!

Pippa M: 10/10. Out of pure interest, does anyone know her relationship status, as I would like to thoroughly disappoint her.

Beatrice: Hmmmmmmm. Did she get dressed in the dark? Soz, not even with a barge pole. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

I hoped you liked the Royal Wedding. I think I would be underplaying it if I said it was the best day of my life.

I am genuinely interested as to whether or not you agree with the ratings that I have made, and I simply can't wait to find out what you all think!!!!

That is how for now.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Aristocracy

I wasn't sure what to expect from Catherine but this dress blew me away. It is timeless, detailed without being fussy. Like the best of all wedding dresses it will look as lovely 50 years from now as it did today.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastalia View Post
The dress is absolutely amazing! Catherine was a stunning bride and I'm happy she chose McQueen, Sarah Burton has created an amazing wedding gown.
The dress was absolutely beautiful and appropriate without being over the top.

Whenever I've looked at Sarah Burton's designs during this engagement, I mostly saw extreme designs that would have been really awful for something like this. With apologies to any of her fans, I have to say, "Who knew Sarah Burton could create something so normal looking?"

I'm so glad that the dress was perfect, the tiara was perfect, and the event went off without a hitch.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Aristocracy

Kinda changed my mind now. Loved Pippas dress more than Kates one. The back view around the hip was weird. And why oh why did she made her make-up by herself? Why not hiring a make-up-artist! I don't mind if she wears that black-liner on a normal day or official event but not on her WEDDING! The Tiara was amazing :)
Old 04-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenw View Post
I am impressed. She looked utterly beautiful, and utterly herself - the dress didn't say Sarah Burton, it said Catherine. Well done!
Well said! I absolutely agree. This is the style of dress I imagined her in.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

The dress is growing on me somewhat- though still think it's a bit too much like Graces to be considered original but liked it more later in the day!

I can not believe she and William are finally wed- it's surreal, wonder how it is for her

Did anyone else think Carole and Mike looked a bit sad (or maybe just nervous) on balconey?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Commoner

Natural for parents to feel sad, proud and happy all in the same breath. Felt that way as all 4 of my children married. Glad they are grown up and responsible. The Middletons probably feel that way too. They also know they probably won't see as much of their daughter as normal families might with official duties and etc. It was a beautiful wedding and a handsome groom and a stunning bride--just right all round. I don't care if it "looked" like Pcss Grace, it was all KATE!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Courtier

I think Kate looked almost sad compared to glowing Victoria last summer. Maybe she should've gotten the small wedding she wished for. I wish she would've chosen an updo to frame her face. Now she looked flat-headed. I also wish she would've chosen a professional make up artist. She could've done without the sad panda eyes.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
I think Kate looked almost sad compared to glowing Victoria last summer.
I think there must have been times through the ceremony when the enormity of the occasion must have hit her - and yes that does reflect at times in some of the shots in the cathedral. No amount of practice could have prepared her for the actual experience. Remember that Victoria was born royal. But Kate's smiles and genuine warmth with William plus her natural elegance and beautiful appearance made her a glowing bride nonetheless.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Courtier

Yes, she seems very shy. That reminds me of Diana a little. But she seems genuinely in love and I hope the two of them will become very happy. I hope she grows in her role and becomes more confident like Diana did.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahla10 View Post
And why oh why did she made her make-up by herself? Why not hiring a make-up-artist! I don't mind if she wears that black-liner on a normal day or official event but not on her WEDDING!
That's like asking why Camilla doesn't cut that freaking mop of hair. It's just part of her personal look.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Nobility

I loved her smokey eyes, dramatic look.

Wonder what Bobbi Brown shadows she used?Guess I'll have to call Nordstroms and ask if they know..
Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She used Bobby Brown make up?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Nobility

Yes,,,,,,no details were released what specifics..
Old 04-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Courtier

Beautiful dress. She looked stunning. Love the tiara and I love the lace.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Nobility

I liked the dress. It suited Kate and thankfully wasn't too big or too simple. Kate obviously must like Princess Grace wedding dress as it was very similar in style.

I have to be honest though as much as I like it, it is not going to be at the top of my list as my favourite ever royal wedding dress.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Courtier

Beautiful elegant timeless wedding dress! Reminds me of Grace Kelly.
I also like the fact that she went for a small bouquet and a relatively short train, less is more.

Also loved Pippa's dress! When she was walking with Harry they looked like a wedding couple themselves!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Royal Wedding 2011: Kate Middleton marries Prince William in dress designed by McQueen's Sarah Burton | Mail Online
Old 04-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Sarah Burton hit the right note with the dress; neither too plain nor too fussy.

So what if it is reminiscent of Grace Kelly's? Always borrow from the best!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge looked stunning today. I heard earlier someone say that "she wore the dress, the dress didn't wear her", and I couldn't agree with that statement more. The detailing on the dress was amazing, the tiara was unexpected and so appropriate and her hair was gorgeous. My one disappointment was that her makeup looked rather overdone for her. A little too much blush and eyeliner for me. Otherwise, great first impression as an HRH!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding