The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Serene Highness

I love the length of the veil and the way it works with the tiara, something Renaissance-inspired about that part, somehow. Regal and queenly, not all princessy.

Love the lace and the collar, that is exactly the style I was hoping for as well (and someone posted a similar dress drawing a few days ago - good call). Such a relief that the skirt wasn't elaborate or too Burton-y, the lace is so perfectly bridal - she has great taste and is an absolutely stunning bride.

There's never been another dress that I've liked as much as Princess Grace's, and I love the nod to that dress. It is simpler, somehow - in keeping with austere times.

The bouquet was also far simpler than I had expected, but worked so well with the dress. Kate seemed herself throughout.

What a great day.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 AM
Majesty

The dress was simple and elegant, and completely Catherine. She looked like a true Princess today.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:40 AM

her dress is beautiful.I'm not sure about her veil though.Maybe keeping it simple works for her.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
She must have asked Sarah Burton to design something like Grace Kellys dress. I think the dress is forgettable unfortunately.
I don't think it is forgettable. It suits her well and I think she's beautiful in it. She think she made the right choice for her. Westmininster is smaller than St. Pauls's and her wedding gown is suitable for that venue.

I know it must have been asked and answered but can someone tell me what tiara that was? I've seen so many and I recognized it immediately but could not put a name to it.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I totally loved how everything Kate wore was simply beautiful. The dress was simple and modest in a way yet it was very regal for the occasion. What impressed me was at one time the lens caught her from a side view at the altar and she almost looked madonna like. The way she carried herself showed her to be very much a royal.

BTW: I do read lips and William DID say "you look beautiful" to her at the altar. I was so glad to see that the both of them acted very solemn and composed all during the time in the Abbey. I was sure that William's face was trying very hard NOT to break out in big grins though.

Now for a quick snack before the balcony appearance!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful dress and outfit. I particularly love the wide skirt ! BEAUTIFUL !
Old 04-29-2011, 07:51 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton's dress designer is revealed - hellomagazine.com

Catherine looks amazing!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Gentry

The Duchess of Cambridge looked so beautiful. The dress reminds me also of Princess Grace.I think the dress was prefect for her.
The Duke looked so handsome also. A prefect wedding in my eyes.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Gorgeous dress! I absolutely love it and I'm glad that she chose McQueen. She looked simply stunning when she left the car and the veil covered her face. Also the tiara was the right choice. All thumbs up!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Commoner

I really liked the dress! A pity that she had her hair down and a pity that it bore such a resemblance to Grace Kelly's dress... I expected it a little bit more unique... But, overall it's a really nice gown!
You are so young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as judge of the highest matters. Plato
Old 04-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Nobility

I was looking at getty images and can't wait to find more pictures as from zimbio where I find no watermarks. I was impressed with the few released photographs of the dress and the loving Catherine. I'm so tired of the rendezvous gatherings I've come in contact these last days but I will say I'm peaking with amore. What can I say? There's been so much coverage and I fell closer to everything worth the World's attention. So beautiful. Here's to more years and happy tears. It's interesting what people have gone through and witnessed. Wow. May you all find never ending homage to the inheritors of a historical legacy.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Commoner

I am impressed. She looked utterly beautiful, and utterly herself - the dress didn't say Sarah Burton, it said Catherine. Well done!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Aristocracy

Duchess Catherine looks pefect and gorgeous.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Gentry

Wow, she was gorgeous. I really liked the dress.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Gentry

The dress was stunning! Kate was stunning! Every news channel here in the US is saying the dress style and Kate's natural elegance channels that of Grace Kelly. She has managed to bring back that timeless elegance of Grace Kelly- while being the epitome of the modern day princess.

Well done Kate, the designers, and everyone involved. Today she makes girls around the world believe in fairytales again.

William is exactly how I would picture a Prince Charming and Kate the perfect picture of a storybook Princess.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Nobility

The dress is absolutely amazing! Catherine was a stunning bride and I'm happy she chose McQueen, Sarah Burton has created an amazing wedding gown.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Commoner

A beautiful and more practical dress than the one Diana wore, which was so badly creased by the time she got to the church.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Nobility

I think the dress is lovely and perfectly tailored. So many brides, even in couture dresses, look awkward through the bodice, but this dress was impeccably fit to her. She has amazing posture and poise and it showed. I'm glad the bodice was lace, or the dress might have seemed too spare. It added a major touch of femininity. And the scroll tiara was just right: not too large, yet important enough. She has a very understated aesthetic and she stayed right in character.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Majesty

i did beleivie they would have a longer train on the dress but i think that would have spoiled it
Old 04-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Nobility

The dress was beautiful and perfect and the veil very much in tune. If it were mine I would have added 2 more meters to the train, but of course it is my personal taste. Catherine is naturally and effortlessly ellegant.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding