The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-28-2012, 02:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
I am so impressed with the lace on Catherine's wedding dress. It is so beautiful.
Yes the lace on Kate's dress was indeed beautiful and when you see it up close it is even more beautiful. That is one of the things that Caroline's dress is missing the lace details and details in general.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Now it seems that Kate's wedding dress causes controversy. You be the judge.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...tml?1342377049

Old 07-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Now it seems that Kate's wedding dress causes controversy. You be the judge.

Kate Middleton Wedding Dress Causes Wikipedia Controversy (POLL)
I'm sure there are things on that website that are more irrelevant that Catherine's wedding dress. I've never fully explored Wikipedia, but I've been warned not to use it as a source for term papers and any other works that may have academic relevance. During student teaching, I advised my students to stay away from it if they're looking for more reliable information. I think it's good for a general overview of a topic, but not for any in-depth research. From what I understand, almost everything under the sun is on there, so why not allow an overview of Catherine's wedding dress? The things people choose to fight over sometimes...

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Majesty

This was posted in the Duchess's 'Current Events' thread, but I'm posting it here as well:

Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress helps raise £10 million as Buckingham Palace visitor numbers soar - Telegraph

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers' Top 10 Wedding Gowns: #5. The Duchess of Cambridge

Because this dress resembles so much like Princess Grace's dress (and many others), this is not one of my favorites. However, it's not a horrible dress. I love that she choose a classic and timeless dress. There are some parts of it that I like. The details of it are very beautiful. Love the Victorian structure of the waist and the back of the dress. The back of the dress really is beautiful. The veil is also very beautiful and I like the train. Some of the things that I don't like are her hairstyle and the tiara. But, she is the wife of an heir to an heir so it's understandable that she wore a small and modest tiara. All in all, the dress is nice, but I wish she wore a more original dress.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers' Top 10 Wedding Gowns: #5. The Duchess of Cambridge
. All in all, the dress is nice, but I wish she wore a more original dress.
I don't understand why women critique another's wedding dress. Hopefully Catherine and William loved it and thats all that matters. Grace's wasn't an original either , whatever that means.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
I don't understand why women critique another's wedding dress. Hopefully Catherine and William loved it and thats all that matters. Grace's wasn't an original either , whatever that means.
I never understood the it wasn't an original or that was so original statement. When nothing in fashion is original or unique
Old 10-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Actually any critique of another's fashion or style by a person is just a reflection of their own style and taste and what does and doesn't appeal to them. Frankly I thought that Kate's dress was simply perfect for her.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Majesty

That was the whole idea. The Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress pretty much reflected her own style and taste.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Aristocracy

My mother's wedding dress from 1960 was very similar as well. I always thought mom's dress was beautiful and was very disappointed that I was far too tall to wear it.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Majesty

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
Reminder for Kate fashion fans, Sarah Burton Kate's wedding dress designer collects OBE tomorrow.” - I'll be interviewing her!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress designer 'humbled' by OBE: Video-
Video: Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress designer 'humbled' by OBE - Telegraph
Old 12-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Serene Highness

Sarah Burton is such a talent and deserving of her OBE. A Royal Wedding dress commission is a once in a lifetime opportunity (usually) and Sarah nailed it.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

A quick question, I have seen the designers sketches of royal wedding dresses; Madeleine, Victoria, Diana etc.But I can't recall seeing one of Kate's; is their a professional sketch of her dress that I am missing?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
A quick question, I have seen the designers sketches of royal wedding dresses; Madeleine, Victoria, Diana etc.But I can't recall seeing one of Kate's; is their a professional sketch of her dress that I am missing?
No the sketch was never revealed. Also, are you talking about Crown Princess Victoria? If so then you are mistaken as her sketch of her wedding gown was never reveled either.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding