Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?

• The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • The Strathmore Rose Tiara

Votes: 51 30.9%
  • The Spencer Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara)

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • The Rundell Diamond Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Something that has been hidden in the Vaults!

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • The Middletons will buy her a new one

• Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair.

• None of the Above

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh... sadly to say I really didn't care much for any of those designs. I really don't think Kate will wear a new tiara but we never know.

I liked the Royal Asscher, the Van Cleef & Arpels, and the Tacori, mostly because they are all pretty traditional tiara designs. Even if Kate wears a "new" tiara, it would likely be one that was an estate piece, I'm guessing, rather than newly made (think the Poltimore tiara). The suspense is killin' me!

The Tiara: Is it "Less is More?"

Tiaras are not necessarily easy to wear with a veil, and Catherine appears to be rather understated about everything having to do with her wardrobe and accessories.

I hope she is trying hard with her hairdressers to find a style and a tiara that she will feel comfortable wearing. It will please everyone to see a lovely sparkle in her hair...

The scroll might work if she is looking for a less obvious look, as much as I have thought it might be the fringe for a more "modern" look.

But, I am coming to the opinion that Catherine's overall style is SO "less is more" that perhaps she may choose something more minimal, like the scroll. Anyway, just a thought...

I hope we see something from the vaults. That hasn't seen the light of day in decades.

I think that would be nice. There are so many that could be modified or re-designed for Catherine.

We have been talking about hairstyles and tiaras and I happened to be looking back at some pictures from a few years ago. I was struck by the picture of the daughter of the Duchess of Alba back in the 90s.

Clearly this is a LARGE Tiara but it is the hair style and the veil which I find especially lovely. Given that Catherine seems to be letting her hair grow even more I thought this was quite lovely.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Sorry, I meant to add this one as well.

147rb.jpg

Dunno if someone has already posted this, but various jewelry designers have been designing wedding tiaras for Catherine.
Photo Gallery : InStyle.com What's Right Now

It's fascinating to see these designs and to see what a moderb interpreation mught be.

My favourites are Isharya, Van Cleef & Arples and the Fenton/Fallon designs.

I think the Rodrigo Otazu (for Swarovski) would be better suited atop a famous statue in New York Harbour.......!

the first tiara screams tiara, the rest appear to be out of someone's nightmares...in my opinion of course!!!

Royal Asscher, Tacori, and Judith Ripka tiara designs are possible, but the Stratmore tiara would be best.

Yes, definitely some updates for Lady Liberty. :) I'm hoping for the Strathmore tiara as well, unless there is one hidden deep in the vaults that has not been seen for umpteen years.

didnt Lord Linley and Lady Chatto sell all their mothers jewelry ??( to the highest bidder )

No. There were a few notable pieces, such as the Teck Diamond Necklace and the Papyrus Fan Tiara, that were not included in the auction of Margaret's jewels. Presumbly, these remain with Lady Sarah and Viscount Linley.

I would love for Kate to get a new one all her own for the wedding. She has such unique style... It would just be fitting in my opinion. ;) Not long till we find out!

I would love for Kate to get a new one all her own for the wedding. She has such unique style... It would just be fitting in my opinion. ;) Not long till we find out!

Unique style? Explain that to me, please.

Is Talbot Church a "reliable source"? And since when is Britain a classless society? Isn't that one of reasons that the Middletons have gotten some negativity .... stepping up above their "place"???

I doubt this person knows whereof they speak. :)

Is Talbot Church a "reliable source"? And since when is Britain a classless society? Isn't that one of reasons that the Middletons have gotten some negativity .... stepping up above their "place"???

I doubt this person knows whereof they speak. :)

From the articles I've read previously from Talbot Church, he seems to write tongue-in-cheek and his articles are never meant to be taken seriously. He's written some very amusing pieces on the upcoming wedding and the royals that I really enjoyed. I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong. :D

If ordinary "folks" like my second daughter can wear a tiara as a hairpiece/veil holder, what is to stop Miss Middleton? I say go for it and never mind the naysayers!!!

I am still hoping for a proper tiara! If she steps out of the car with out one, I will turn off my TV and go into a mayor depression for the rest of Friday 29th!!!
So many commoner brides borrow tiaras from their in-laws, when the marry into noble families (or more general: when they marry into families which own a tiara). And she's not marrying just any noble bloke, she's marrying a future king!
Oh dear, I just hope that all these reports are mere based on the imagination of some frustrated journalists.

Well, I believe a tiara is in order. I know "things" are tough most places, but they don't have to buy a new one! I think Kate just might not want to wear one. If that's the case, it's OK by me. She will simply give us less to remember about her wedding.

You can say that again, KittyAtlanta! There is a fine line between not wanting to overdo the glitz and glamour for the sake of hard times, or going overboard trying to please, and in the process losing some of the magic. I remember my mother telling me that, no matter how hard things were in the depression, they still went to the movies and loved to watch people dress up and wear jewels. It was fun -- and it took people's minds off their troubles. And I remember reading that the Queen (Mother) dressed up every day that she went out with the King to visit areas of London that had been bombed during the blitz, and she wore day dresses, but with furs, hats and jewels. She knew that people appreciated her efforts and it gave them a lift to see her beautifully attired, as they expected a queen to be.

This is the only marriage of an heir for another full generation (assuming this marriage survives) and they need to realize that they will miss an opportunity to bond people further to them by inspiring us with the pomp and ceremony -- and the beautiful dress and jewels so many people look forward to seeing.

Last edited:
I hope she does not wear the Spencer tiara.Shes always going to be compared to Diana she should not encourage that.Victoria did the same thing and everyone predicted that.I think she should wear the same tiara the queen wore on her wedding day.

She can't wear the Spencer Tiara anyway. She's not marrying into the Spencer family, she's marrying into the Windsor family. The Spencer tiara is reserved for Spencer brides.

All this bellyaching about whether she'll wear a tiara or not.....who cares? She more than likely will, but if she doesn't, is it the end of the world? Will the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse gallop down the Mall? If her not wearing a tiara causes people to remember less about her wedding, they probably need to start taking some gingko biloba for their memories, because they're starting to go on the fritz.

She could show up with a bucket of fried chicken on her head -- as long as she shows up, that's the important thing.

She can't wear the Spencer Tiara anyway. She's not marrying into the Spencer family, she's marrying into the Windsor family. The Spencer tiara is reserved for Spencer brides.

Thank you, Sister Morphine, for saying this TRUE statement yet again! The Spencer Tiara is not an option, never was an option, and never will be an option for this wedding!

All this bellyaching about whether she'll wear a tiara or not.....who cares? She more than likely will, but if she doesn't, is it the end of the world?

Plain truth of the matter is that WE all want to see a tiara, preferably something we can identify from Suzy Menkes or Leslie Fields as a long-lost treasure from the vaults. I'm totally down with that. As long as we all realize that the only reason we have for wanting her to wear a tiara is that we want to see a tiara.

She doesn't have to wear one, there's no "rule," but if Autumn Kelly can wear one without being called a social-climbing, uncaring, "let 'em eat cake" snob, then I guess that Miss Middleton can walk down the aisle in Westminster Abbey with 2 billion people watching real-time around the world and get away with wearing a tiara!

Last edited:

All this bellyaching about whether she'll wear a tiara or not.....who cares? She more than likely will, but if she doesn't, is it the end of the world? Will the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse gallop down the Mall? If her not wearing a tiara causes people to remember less about her wedding, they probably need to start taking some gingko biloba for their memories, because they're starting to go on the fritz.

She could show up with a bucket of fried chicken on her head -- as long as she shows up, that's the important thing.

Yes, she probably could.... but for the estimated 2 billion people expected to be watching, it would be snoozville if she doesn't have a certain WOW factor. Either in the dress or the headpiece... whatever it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom