Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?

• The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • The Strathmore Rose Tiara

Votes: 51 30.9%
  • The Spencer Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara)

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • The Rundell Diamond Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Something that has been hidden in the Vaults!

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • The Middletons will buy her a new one

• Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair.

• None of the Above

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Catherine does not wear the Spencer tiara.Whatever is given to Catherine I am certain she will make it a success.
On her special day I hope she does not wear a tiara at all because she is now the jewel in the crown.

For the record I meant only to let Kate borrow "Granny's tiara" for her special day ( if Kate liked it ), not give it to her on lifetime loan.
We all know that's not gonna happen...would be nice to have a choice on your wedding day.

Last edited:
The question is if the Rundell tiara still exists as it waslast worn by Queen Alexandra. Also the surrey fringe tiara was only worn by Queen mary when she was Duchess of York/Princess of Wales and not seen since.
As for the Strathmore Rose tiara apparently it's in bad condition and would need repair to be worn.
I also think we will not see Catherine much in tiaras after the Wedding as so far Prince William hasn't attended State Banquets.
You are rigth about the Rundell tiara, we don't know what happened to it. It might be still there, it also might have been dismantled in order to create other pieces. But the same goes for the Surrey and Ladies of England tiaras. We just don't know:sad:.
I have heard the same about the Strathmore Rose tiara. If it is true than I would say that now is the time for a decent restoration. It would be such a shame to let this beautiful tiara fall to pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think only the tiara in the middle is part of the royal collection, together with the cullingan brooch under it.
I also believe that the picture is wrongly titled , I have seen this picture popping up in some jewellery forum in the past and if I remember correctly someone wrote that it was taken from an exhibition and most of the pieces belong to British aristocratic families not the Royal Family

I wonder when that picture was taken. The tiara all the way to the right looks very suspiciously like the Rundell tiara with loops and diamond shapes removed and additions to the sides of the 'pieces' on top!! I wonder...

I am not too sure when, but I believe it was for an exhibition (in the V&A museum maybe?).

I thought this was one of the pieces that was on "lifetime loan" to Princess Margret and went back to the crown after her death.

I do not bekieve information relating to the whereabouts and the terms of the loan to Princess Margaret are in the public domain.

I also believe that the picture is wrongly titled , I have seen this picture popping up in some jewellery forum in the past and if I remember correctly someone wrote that it was taken from an exhibition and most of the pieces belong to British aristocratic families not the Royal Family
It looks like the Nizam of hyderabad flower brooch is there as well as queen mary's stomacher. though not all pieces are familiar.

I think the bows and knots tiara is a more likely choice. I can also see her getting a new piece like Fergie or a tiara made of other pieces like Sophie's. Maybe we'll be surprised with an old Gem. Who ever expected that the Delhi Durbar tiara was even still around?!

She is marrying someone who is half Spencer.

True but from what I understand, the Spencer tiara has been used by Spencer women on their marriage day or women marrying Spencer men (particularly those holding the title Earl Spencer or Viscount Althrop). And while William is half Spencer thru his mother, I expect the next time we will see the Spencer Tiara it will be on Louis who is the current Viscount Althrop or the Spencer daughters, Kitty, Eliza and Amelia (I think I have got the names right without even looking at it). Did Diana's sisters where the tiara on their wedding day? I don't think so.

She isn't marrying into the Spencer family, she is marrying into the Windsor family.

I agree with Zonk, that tiara won't be seen until one of the children marries.

I disagree- this wedding has is not a Spencer wedding- it is a Middleton wedding! While there will be some Spencers on the guest list, I really don't think this tiara will appear.

I really hope that Kate is given the Strathmore. It is a more delicate tiara that would work well, I think, with Kate's very petite frame.
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3...strathmore.jpg

Lallyvee is right, Kate is marrying someone half-spencer.
No it isn't a spencer wedding it is a Windsor-Middleton wedding.

Did Diana's sisters where the tiara on their wedding day? I don't think so.
Zonk I am 99% sure they did ( the 1% doubt is because I am really bored now to start searching for photographing evidence :D) . Anyway , I don't see the point of Kate using the Spencer tiara - she is not a Spencer and she isn't marrying into the Spencer family.

Zonk I am 99% sure they did ( the 1% doubt is because I am really bored now to start searching for photographing evidence :D) . Anyway , I don't see the point of Kate using the Spencer tiara - she is not a Spencer and she isn't marrying into the Spencer family.

Yes both Lady Jane and Lady Sarah wore it.

I wonder when that picture was taken. The tiara all the way to the right looks very suspiciously like the Rundell tiara with loops and diamond shapes removed and additions to the sides of the 'pieces' on top!! I wonder...
No, that's not the Rundell. The tiara to the far right is the Diadem of England Strawberry Leaf tiara, which is/was in the possession of the Northumberland family.

http://coloreddiamond.info/forum-chit-chat/do-you-have-a-dream-tiara/msg116328/#msg116328See post #1595

Thanks I have never seen a picture of Lady Sarah wearing the tiara and was too lazy too look in my MANY Diana books for Jane's wedding.

So basically, Spencer women who marry and those women who marry Spencer men are wearing the tiara. I don't think it will be worn by Catherine.

I was leaning towards the Strathmore Rose...but after seeing Queen Elizabeth (Queen Mother) with the Teck Circle...I like it!

Not sure how it would look on Catherine, with a wedding dress, veil, etc, but definitely would be a show stopper!

i would love to see cathrine wear the timur ruby necklace as a tiara it would look fab on her hair . or the amethytist tiara/necklace that was queen victorias mothers :)

Personally, I hope not to see her in the Lovers Knot. It's been done, just leave it at that. Perhaps when she's Queen, wear it a few times but otherwise, don't let it be a principal piece of jewellery.

Are there not two diamond fringe tiara's belonging to the collection? (George III and the Lord Mayor of London's fringe necklace which was a wedding gift to the then Princess Elizabeth. I assume it could be placed on a frame?) Why not allow her the use of one? I don't believe the Queen has ever made any considerable use of her fringe necklace.

They are very rarely worn and it could become 'her own' which would be quite lovely.

Last edited:
I don't believe she will receive a "new tiara"(one bought for her that is) right now do to the economy and the fact I just know HM has so many amazing jewels that have been rarely used or could be revamped for her...

but...I could be wrong.(It would be my first time of course):lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom