The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 8 4.85%
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara 19 11.52%
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara 9 5.45%
The Strathmore Rose Tiara 51 30.91%
The Spencer Tiara 7 4.24%
The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara) 11 6.67%
The Rundell Diamond Tiara 7 4.24%
Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! 33 20.00%
The Middletons will buy her a new one 9 5.45%
Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair. 9 5.45%
None of the Above 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
Oh to be a fly on the wall in the Middleton's suites at the Goring to find out which tiara it will be! I can't wait! Dumb question: will she wear a tiara tonight?
It would be extremely surprising if Catherine wore a tiara to her private dinner with her family, unless she was practising!

Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
Oh to be a fly on the wall in the Middleton's suites at the Goring to find out which tiara it will be! I can't wait! Dumb question: will she wear a tiara tonight?

Catherine isn't attending any function tonight that would require her to wear a tiara. Both her and William are spending the evening with their own families.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
The heads and criteria to be a Hollywood star were that you had to have a larger head than usual plenteous hair chiselled and beautiful symmetrical features,.with great teeth and wonderful smile and have these naturally. Kate is blessed with these.You like the tiara and I don't. agree to disagree.

I'm very interested to know where I may find this criteria. I can think of several people who are/were Hollywood stars who do not fit the description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am not aware of the last time a British royal bride wore a tiara with coloured stones - though I agree, I see absolutely no reason why they cannot be worn.

Come to think of it, I can't think of a British royal bride who wore anything but diamonds! It would be nice to be dazzled with something different (i.e., CP Victoria's cameos).
Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Aristocracy

In response to sister morphine and texankitkat, and I am sorry for the delay, I am aware of who has and has not worn tiaras at their weddings. Several of my friends wore family ones at theirs, however my Grandmother was rather "old fashioned" in her ideas.
For myself I would love to see Catherine wear any one of the following;
The Strathmore Rose
Queen Mothers Scroll
Ladies of England (not the same as the ladies of Great Britain )
Duchess of Teck
County of Surrey ( if it still exists )

However what ever she wears I am sure Catherine will look beautiful, and cannot wait to read peoples comments .
Old 04-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post

I'm very interested to know where I may find this criteria. I can think of several people who are/were Hollywood stars who do not fit the description.

Come to think of it, I can't think of a British royal bride who wore anything but diamonds! It would be nice to be dazzled with something different (i.e., CP Victoria's cameos).
Pm me and i will divulge otherwise it is third party infringement and that is not allowed on this board.no offence.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant
Dumb question: will she wear a tiara tonight?
if you mean the second reception for family/friends I actually wouldn't be surprised if she didn't wear her tiara, maybe it's more 'relaxed'......
Old 04-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Serene Highness

I think the topic of the Spencer tiara is relevant. It is one of the most classic and instantly recognizable tiaras in the world.

I am surprised to read (above) that the tiara actually belonged to Charles. Is that true? I thought it belonged to the Spencers and there's another thread here on TRF where people are discussing Diana's brother's rudeness in demanding it back (as she had other tiaras to wear and his wife did not).

I had always heard that story as true - but it really belonged to Charles?

On several blogs it is said to be assembled from several pieces of jewelry belonging to the Spencer and Montague families, although no one can verify that it's really 18th century (probably not).

At any rate, I thought most people here had ruled it out because it belongs to the Spencers and wouldn't make sense for Kate to wear.

News story today (AP is one source) says it's the Fringe tiara:

The Queen's*Fringe tiara tipped to be Kate's headpi | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

I must say that I can picture the Fringe on Kate.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I think the topic of the Spencer tiara is relevant. It is one of the most classic and instantly recognizable tiaras in the world.

I am surprised to read (above) that the tiara actually belonged to Charles. Is that true? I thought it belonged to the Spencers and there's another thread here on TRF where people are discussing Diana's brother's rudeness in demanding it back (as she had other tiaras to wear and his wife did not).

I had always heard that story as true - but it really belonged to Charles?

On several blogs it is said to be assembled from several pieces of jewelry belonging to the Spencer and Montague families, although no one can verify that it's really 18th century (probably not).

At any rate, I thought most people here had ruled it out because it belongs to the Spencers and wouldn't make sense for Kate to wear.

News story today (AP is one source) says it's the Fringe tiara:

The Queen's*Fringe tiara tipped to be Kate's headpi | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

I must say that I can picture the Fringe on Kate.

Charles Spencer, her brother, not Charles her then-husband.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Courtier

ok, I not sure but I think you might be confused.... Diana's brother is Charles Edward Maurice Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer...not The Prince of Wales
Old 04-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lady Ann, who were you responding to -- myself or PrincessKaimi?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Lady Ann, who were you responding to -- myself or PrincessKaimi?
PrincessKaimi... Sister M, I know you know the difference and would not be confused..lol.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Gentry

With news of the fully grown trees decorating the Abbey, I'm now leaning towards the Strathmore Rose tiara but haven't discounted the Middletons buying Catherine her very own tiara.

They strike me as a proud and independent family and don't appear to be going the same way as other in-laws (in terms of staying at the Queen Mother's residence like the Rhys-Jones' for example).
Old 04-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Commoner

If the dress designer is in fact Burton, then I think the fringe would be the tiara - it could easily carry a grand gown with a modern edge. We shall see! I can see the Kokoshnik with a Burton gown, too, but that's a whole lot of bling (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Old 04-29-2011, 01:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenw View Post
If the dress designer is in fact Burton, then I think the fringe would be the tiara - it could easily carry a grand gown with a modern edge. We shall see! I can see the Kokoshnik with a Burton gown, too, but that's a whole lot of bling (not that there's anything wrong with that).
I agree I thought it would be the Strathmore Rose but as it appears Sarah Burton is probably the designer I think the fringe will be the tiara. It would go better with Burton's types of gowns.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

If her dress is grand than I suggest a simple tiara but if her dress is simple than I would love to see a big tiara & jewels.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:40 AM

Even though I doubt that this will happen, I'd LOVE if Catherine wore the Londonderry Tiara.

Probably will end up being the fringe.....
Old 04-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Nobility

So it was just announced that William and Katherine will be titled Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Hmm... is it possible that we'll see the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara today?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:12 AM
Aristocracy

I am really starting to think that there will be no tiara.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:13 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
So it was just announced that William and Katherine will be titled Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Hmm... is it possible that we'll see the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara today?
Thena, I had the same thought. And while I personally think that Catherine could pull this off, and would look magnificent... I hope that she receives another for the wedding and receives the Cambridge in time.

My pick is for the Strathmore Rose, or the Teck Crescent. My early pick was the Surrey Loop, but I have been informed that it is believed to be dismantled.

Annamarie
Old 04-29-2011, 03:13 AM

Well.....you never know.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding