The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 8 4.85%
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara 19 11.52%
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara 9 5.45%
The Strathmore Rose Tiara 51 30.91%
The Spencer Tiara 7 4.24%
The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara) 11 6.67%
The Rundell Diamond Tiara 7 4.24%
Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! 33 20.00%
The Middletons will buy her a new one 9 5.45%
Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair. 9 5.45%
None of the Above 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=texankitcat;1239732]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

The next time the Spencer tiara will be used is when Earl Spencer marries his current fiancee who will be the 3rd Countess Spencer.
I am not sure that the third wife of Earl Spencer will wear the tiara at their wedding - after all, it is the third wedding!!

Old 04-27-2011, 05:37 AM

Are myrtle or orange flowers a very bad idea? I know most of us would like to see a tiara, but I prefer flowers over diamonds...if only it would be the Strathmore Roses, it's white and it is made of diamonds. Well, we'll see after tomorrow :)

Old 04-27-2011, 05:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I would bet dollars to donuts that Zara will be wearing the Fringe tiara for her wedding. This is why: The Queen Mother wore it, her daughter wore it for her wedding, her daughter wore it for her wedding......there's a pattern there, I believe.
The Queen Mother did indeed wear the fringe, but not for her wedding. If anything, IMO, the pattern in Queens wear the tiara, though they allow their daughters to wear it as well on their wedding days. If that thesis were to hold true, I suspect Zara will not be wearing it.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Courtier

I saw an interview last night conducted by Piers Morgan and the woman he was interviewing (I can't recall her name) said that that big rumor is that Kate will wear the tiara worn by both the Queen and Princess Anne at their weddings. I think it's the George III????
Old 04-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Aristocracy

Well, the rumour is no doubt because of the bet.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I saw an interview last night conducted by Piers Morgan and the woman he was interviewing (I can't recall her name) said that that big rumor is that Kate will wear the tiara worn by both the Queen and Princess Anne at their weddings. I think it's the George III????
That was Katie Nicole, the alleged "royal expert" who gets things wrong more often than right. I have no idea why she is always being interviewed as having the inside scoop when most of what she says is based on tabloid rumors.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby1965 View Post
I just saw an interview with Ingrid Seward on Australian TV.
She was saying that Catherine is entitled to wear the Spencer Tiara as William is a Spencer !! .... Not what I have been reading over & over on these forums.
I am confused.
But I doubt very much she will.
I hope not anyway - if she was Diana's daughter then yes it would be lovel
Ms Seward really should know better!
If she can't get the basic facts straight then perhaps Majesty needs to find a new Editor
Old 04-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
[QUOTE=texankitcat;1239732]
Quote:

The next time the Spencer tiara will be used is when Earl Spencer marries his current fiancee who will be the 3rd Countess Spencer.
That's very possible too but I really don't see her wearing a tiara for the wedding as it will be a remarriage for the both of them. I think they most likely would go for the "downplay" as Charles and Camilla did for their marriage. I do however see her wearing this tiara as his wife.

The big question though is. will they really marry? He's changed finacees lately like most of us change batteries in our fire alarms.

That's why I think that the next time we'll see the Spencer tiara in a wedding will be with his daughters.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby1965 View Post
I just saw an interview with Ingrid Seward on Australian TV.
She was saying that Catherine is entitled to wear the Spencer Tiara as William is a Spencer !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Ms Seward really should know better!
If she can't get the basic facts straight then perhaps Majesty needs to find a new Editor
Depends what she actually said. Did she use the word "entitled"? Or did she just comment on the possibility that Catherine might be invited to wear it - which is a different thing altogether.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Y'know, now all of the details that have come out with the flora and fauna being incorporated into the Abbey and all, I wouldn't be a bit surprised now if Kate does only wear flowers or something similar instead of a tiara.

OR.. she wears a tiara designed just for her with the flowers of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland incorporated into it in a lightweight design that will be comfortable for her.

OR.. OR.. OR.. There's no definite answers to this one. The question now is what will I look at first? The dress or the headpiece? Decisions.. decisions!
Just make sure that at the moment we see Kate for the first time you don't faint with excitement and miss anything! Maybe start from the top and work your way down
Old 04-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The Queen Mother did indeed wear the fringe, but not for her wedding. If anything, IMO, the pattern in Queens wear the tiara, though they allow their daughters to wear it as well on their wedding days. If that thesis were to hold true, I suspect Zara will not be wearing it.

I didn't say the Queen Mother wore it on her wedding day, I said the Queen Mother wore it. Then her daughter wore it for her wedding. Then her daughter wore it for her wedding. Anne has a daughter who is getting married soon, so wouldn't it stand to reason that if two generations of Windsor women wore it for their wedding, she would too?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I didn't say the Queen Mother wore it on her wedding day, I said the Queen Mother wore it. Then her daughter wore it for her wedding. Then her daughter wore it for her wedding. Anne has a daughter who is getting married soon, so wouldn't it stand to reason that if two generations of Windsor women wore it for their wedding, she would too?
I think like the Spencer tiara, some tiaras are just meant for family reasons. The same with this one.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh well, we will know in less than 48 hours!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

Look, for a moment there we began to thought she would not a tiara at all , so let's try not to moan too much about it!
I don't care what some say, I'll be happy as long a I see something sparkly on her head on the 29!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
That was Katie Nicole, the alleged "royal expert" who gets things wrong more often than right. I have no idea why she is always being interviewed as having the inside scoop when most of what she says is based on tabloid rumors.
Katie Nicholl wrote this book.
Amazon.com: William and Harry: Behind the Palace Walls (9781602861404): Katie Nicholl: Books
Obviously she does not have insider scoop and from the reviews of this book, she doesn't know anything new, but probably more than the average American audience so she gets interviewed.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well.....there is no difference between the Russian Fringe and the George III Fringe.....they're the same tiara. Just like Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul not Constantinople, so why did Constantinople get the works? That's nobody's business but the Turks.

Point is, it's the same thing.
The fringe tiara worn by the Queen and Princess Anne on their wedding days is not the same fringe tiara worn by Queen Victoria in the Winterhalter painting, according to the Palace. The dates are off.
Royal Collection - A Royal Wedding
Unfortunately, this is confusing because the site only calls this modern one as "fringe tiara." I know WE (forum users and the media) are referring to that tiara as the Russian/George III fringe. But I think the true George III fringe (aka Hanover fringe) is the one Queen Victoria is wearing in the painting is the and seems to have disappeared a long, long time ago. The tiara we've dubbed the Russian/George III fringe, which was used for the Queen and Princess Anne's wedding, was made much later and is the one many forum users are voting for.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge View Post
Katie Nicholl wrote this book.
Amazon.com: William and Harry: Behind the Palace Walls (9781602861404): Katie Nicholl: Books
Obviously she does not have insider scoop and from the reviews of this book, she doesn't know anything new, but probably more than the average American audience so she gets interviewed.
I agree. Which is the reason why american networks continually interview her. She is making a fortune based on speculation, rumors and conjecture and laughing at everyone's ignorance all the way to the bank.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Courtier

The other night Jane Seymour was on with Piers Morgan in London, and she guessed that Kate would wear diamond hair pins/clips interspersed with flowers in her hair. I like this idea -- certainly it covers all bases!

PS - Fully agree with the Katie Nicholl comments but have to give the gal credit for making something out of nothing for herself.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope she wears the fringe tiara. I think it'll compliment her face well.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I hope she wears the fringe tiara. I think it'll compliment her face well.
I agree it will certainly be very befitting - a recognition of her senior role within the BRF going forward!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding