The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 8 4.85%
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara 19 11.52%
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara 9 5.45%
The Strathmore Rose Tiara 51 30.91%
The Spencer Tiara 7 4.24%
The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara) 11 6.67%
The Rundell Diamond Tiara 7 4.24%
Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! 33 20.00%
The Middletons will buy her a new one 9 5.45%
Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair. 9 5.45%
None of the Above 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
So can she choose or have a choice in the tiara or will the Queen lend her one without negotiating with her what she would like? Im no sure how it works.

IMO The Queen will have shortlisted those she wants to make available to Catherine who will then have made a choice from those presented. William may well have asked his grandmother to include the Cambridge Lovers Knot. Hopefully, HM gave Catherine a short history lesson with each piece.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quel diadème pour Catherine ? | Noblesse & Royautés

Old 04-25-2011, 05:08 AM
Heir Apparent

i'm hoping for "Something that has been hidden in the Vaults!", it's a one-only ocassion! :) although i have the impression she will choose a traditional tiara, like cambridge lovers or the spencer tiara in honour of diana.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-25-2011, 06:14 AM
Serene Highness

Will people give up on the Spencer Tiara!

It belongs to William's uncle and there is NO WAY a request to use it would be made.
If William & Catherine want to pay tribute to his mother then the Cambridge Tiara is there and available.
The Royal Family do not need to be borrowing items from the nobility, related or otherwise.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would really like her to wear the Fife tiara. Its my favourite. I doubt she would wear it as it probably belongs to the current Duchess of Fife (If there is one!!!)
Old 04-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Will people give up on the Spencer Tiara!

It belongs to William's uncle and there is NO WAY a request to use it would be made.
If William & Catherine want to pay tribute to his mother then the Cambridge Tiara is there and available.
The Royal Family do not need to be borrowing items from the nobility, related or otherwise.
I'm quite confident that if William were to ask Uncle Spencer to lend the tiara to Kate for her wedding that Uncle would oblige. For all we know they picked it up when they were at Althorp visiting Diana's grave. Though I personally would bet money that the Lover's Knot will be worn on Friday.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I'm quite confident that if William were to ask Uncle Spencer to lend the tiara to Kate for her wedding that Uncle would oblige. For all we know they picked it up when they were at Althorp visiting Diana's grave. Though I personally would bet money that the Lover's Knot will be worn on Friday.

I would hope Catherine would have the good taste to decline wearing it. Why don't we just cut her hair short, dye it blonde and change her name to Diana while we're at it? Do some of you want him to marry his mother? This is William and Catherine's wedding day, not the "Let's dress her up like his late mother and parade her down the aisle" day.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Alright we have reached the point of Enough!

I have already requested that we treat each other with just a little bit of respect but apparently that isn't possible. So let's cool the sarcasm.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Serene Highness

Interesting to note that the Spencer tiara has only two votes & the Lovers Knot less than ten. Highest Votes for the Strathmore or a hidden treasure from the vaults.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
So can she choose or have a choice in the tiara or will the Queen lend her one without negotiating with her what she would like? Im no sure how it works.
Well i believe for Diana it's been said the Queen handed her a box with the Lovers Knot the day before and let her choose between that and the Spencer...For Sarah, if I remember her family 'rented' her tiara and then HM purchased it as a gift for Sarah....Sophie's was made from previous jewels so....my point is, Kate's tiara could be choosen for her or she could be asked to pick one, or bought a new one or choose none.......many possiblities as to how HM may go about it :)
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassary View Post

Also wondering like KristineML if she might go the Sarah route and go in as a commoner (flowers) and out like a royal (tiara)?
If she does go this route, it she won't wear the wreath like Sarah did. She might actually wear no sort of headpiece at all other than her veil. I don't think she would want to do exactly what Sarah did. Don't think that would be popular with the royal family.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Royal Highness

I do think it's possible she'll wear no tiara, but I really hope she does :) oh exciting, 4 days!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdxyz View Post
I'm with you--I've been looking at that specific tiara for weeks. I would be lovely!
With only 15 carats of diamonds, this is a teeny-tiny tiara. And, it is not good value at BPS36,000.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Gentry

Thanks for posting those pictures. I had not seen them before. Still I think it looks like the tiara is wearing the Queen and not the other way round! LOL
Old 04-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Gentry

i would like to see the strathmore rose but if flowers are cathrines headress how fab would queen alexandras diamond stars look inbetween the flowers . the stars are in suzy menkes bookhttp://www.royal-magazin.de/england/queen-alexandra/stars-diamond.htm
Old 04-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Well.. she could always opt out for one of our own TRFs expert advisors and wear a bucket of chicken!
I can just hear the BBC presenter "Catharine Middleton wearing the Colonel Sanders Tiara"
Old 04-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Well.. she could always opt out for one of our own TRFs expert advisors and wear a bucket of chicken!

LOL. She'd have it artfully decorated, I'm sure.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Too bad the magnificent Poltimore tiara was sold... It would've been grand enough although not sure Catherine would've wanted to wear it or if it would have been suitable since it used to belong to Princess Margaret.

The Portland Sapphire tiara
THE PORTLAND ANTIQUE SAPPHIRE, DIAMOND AND NATURAL PEARL TIARA | Jewelry Auction</li> | Jewelry, tiara | Christie's
would be great especially if they removed a couple of those connecting diamond chains. It would go so nicely with the engagement ring and add that 'something blue' to the outfit.

I think these tiaras would look beautiful on Catherine too but apparently they have been sold already... Imagine them slightly modified.

Edwardian Tiara/Necklace Combination - James Martin

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lot_details.aspx?from=searchresults&intObjectID=4294965&sid=20aa2118-d0ee-40f2-897a-7c2ff0958

AN ANTIQUE DIAMOND NECKLACE/TIARA | Jewelry Auction</li> | geometric, Jewelry | Christie's
Old 04-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

I think that pearl/sapphire tiara is absolutely gorgeous but I doubt if we'll see something like that the day of the wedding.
I find myself up in the air now about what jewels and tiara we'll see. I'm breathless with anticipation!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Too bad the magnificent Poltimore tiara was sold... It would've been grand enough although not sure Catherine would've wanted to wear it or if it would have been suitable since it used to belong to Princess Margaret.

If Margaret's kids hadn't sold off most of her jewelry to pay the estate tax, the tiara would have been in her family and and not available for Catherine to wear to begin with. Queen Mary had given her daughter some beautiful tiaras that would have been gorgeous on Catherine, but they're the property of the Harewoods.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding