The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 8 4.85%
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara 19 11.52%
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara 9 5.45%
The Strathmore Rose Tiara 51 30.91%
The Spencer Tiara 7 4.24%
The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara) 11 6.67%
The Rundell Diamond Tiara 7 4.24%
Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! 33 20.00%
The Middletons will buy her a new one 9 5.45%
Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair. 9 5.45%
None of the Above 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I agree Dazz! I couldn't click on the link for the 25 Tiaras that the article mentions. Was anyone else successful?

Honestly, with all the "royal experts" that have commented on this wedding, I wish some of us at TRF had done the deed. Some of the information that is being provided is simply awful.
This was my attempt to provide actual research. And while I know that the tiara's most associated with QEII will likely not be seen on the wedding day I still listed them because they are great (GGB&I, Valdimir, Kokoshnik). Anymore, I am leaning toward the Scroll and the Strathmore Rose as contenders. Both are youthful and great "starter" tiaras.

Aestheticus Rex: A Tale of Tiara's: What will the Queen bestow upon Kate Middleton?

-AR

Old 04-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Scroll tiara was given to Princess Anne, wasn't it? I would imagine that Zara will wear that for her wedding, so it would be odd if it was given to Catherine.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
The Scroll tiara was given to Princess Anne, wasn't it? I would imagine that Zara will wear that for her wedding, so it would be odd if it was given to Catherine.
No one is really certain. It was one of the Queen Mother's "starter" tiaras and was lent to both Margaret and Anne when they were both young princesses. Once Anne married and received the Meander and the Festoon it has been asserted that the Scroll went back to the vaults. But again, who knows for certain.

AR
Old 04-23-2011, 05:08 PM

In reply to Princejohnny25,
I also have had thoughts of the Middletons buying Kate her own tiara. They certainly can afford it, and it is an ideal oppertunity for them to leave a lasting link of the Middleton name within the Royal Family.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:27 PM

If this is off topic, feel free to tell me so! Does anyone have any thoughts about whether she will or not wear a tiara for the wedding? I read a lot of reports that she wanted to wear flowers, which I think would be very unfortunate. I appreciate the wedding being a more "normal" affair with William and Kate, but ditching a tiara seems a bit far. I really hope for something spectacular; there is plenty to be said for tradition and ceremony despite everything, and for beautiful jewelry!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Nobility

How about a tiara poll, moderators?
Old 04-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestheticus Rex View Post
AR, your blog (which I loved) got me yearning to see the Rundell or the Surrey tiara on her - if they still exist. Particularly the Rundell, as there's something so youthful about the way Alexandra wears it in the photos. I'm crossing my fingers that we see something beautiful from deep within those vaults ...
Old 04-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
So....if I take ny husbands last name I'm marrying into to his family, is he marrying into mine if he doesn't take my last name? And since I took his last name I'm only marrying into his Dads side of the family, not his mom's? I think we will have to agree to disagree on this-

She's marrying into the BRF insitution, that I agree with- and I get your point in that way
I agree with you here. She is marrying into both the Windsor and Spencer families, since Prince William is a member of both families.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
How about a tiara poll, moderators?
I Know! I've been asking for monthes. I'll bet $10 on the Lover's Knot and the Duke of Cambridge.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Administrator

By popular demand....a new poll.

Which Tiara will Catherine wear on her wedding day?

The choices are The Girls of Great Britian and Ireland; the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara, The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara; the Strathmore's Rose Tiara; the Spencer Tiara; The Fringe Tiara or the Rundell Diamond Tiara. Additional choices are Something that has been hidden in the vaults; The Middleton's will buy her a new one; Nothing...she will either jewelry or flowers in her hair or the ever popular None of the Above.

Have fun!

Warren, wbenson & Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 04-24-2011, 12:51 AM
Aristocracy

I would love for Katherine to recieve the Portland if it still exists. It's so distinctive looking. I know I've claimed to root for a lot of them, but there are so many nice ones!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I think that Zara will follow in the footsteps of her mother and grandmother, and wear the Fringe Tiara.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I choose Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! simply because I think it would be nice for her to have something that has been used a lot or seen a lot in the past years.

The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara, The Rundell Diamond Tiara and The Strathmore Rose Tiara are my other choices.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
i will not be surprised if Kate brings with her the Strathmore Tiara in her forehead like late Queen Mother did.
imagine her long curly hair down with that tiara on her forehead.
Oh dear Lord, I hope not. That would look ridiculous.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:38 AM
Royal Highness

My vote for Great Britain and Ireland Tiara. But in a second guess
Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara). Spencer certainly is not the crown of the family. I'm sure Kate will do a very good selection of the crown.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
My vote for Great Britain and Ireland Tiara. But in a second guess
Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara). Spencer certainly is not the crown of the family. I'm sure Kate will do a very good selection of the crown.
I think it is to big for Kate & personally I think there are much nicer ones that would suite her. Im not fond of it either, its just a boring design. Something flowery would be really nice.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Courtier

Personally, I think the poll should reflect what the realistic possibilities are. The following should not be included in the list of possibilities for the following reasons:

Girls of Britain and Ireland tiara: There absolutely no way that Kate will be loaned the Queens favorite tiara. She barely knows Kate.

Fringe Tiara: Again, not going to happen. This is the second most worn tiara of the Queen.

Spencer Tiara: This tiara does not belong to the Royal Family. It belongs to the Spencer family, and is reserved for Spencer brides and daughters of the current Earl.

One thing to also consider is that Diana had a fabulous jewel collection which William inherited, and many of the necklaces could be modified into a tiara.

Jewellery of Today's British Royalty - The Tudors Wiki
Old 04-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Administrator

The poll reflects the comments and suggestions of what tiara people think she would wear. Chances are Catherine will not wear the Spencer Tiara but if Member X thinks there is a slight chance, why should they not vote for it?

Its personal preference and a method of getting everyone excited and engaged in picking out the tiara.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Commoner

texankitcat, I agree with the exclusion of the three tiaras you've named. The Cambridge Lover's Knot while beautiful, I don't know if I want to see Catherine wear it so soon due to its close affiliation with Diana. My vote is for the Strathmore Rose but not worn down on the forehead.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

My vote for the Spencer Tiara.
My second guess is nothing but a jewelry clip.
I hope Kate will surprise me and wear something lovely and grand like the Lover's Knot, though!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding