The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 8 4.85%
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara 19 11.52%
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara 9 5.45%
The Strathmore Rose Tiara 51 30.91%
The Spencer Tiara 7 4.24%
The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara) 11 6.67%
The Rundell Diamond Tiara 7 4.24%
Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! 33 20.00%
The Middletons will buy her a new one 9 5.45%
Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair. 9 5.45%
None of the Above 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 06:41 AM
Aristocracy

While I can't swear to it. I do believe QM's diamond loop tiara was dismantled.
I would like to see the Rundell brought out for this wedding. Maybe even with the stars attached. Diamond stars seem to be popular for royal brides.....

Old 04-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
She could show up with a bucket of fried chicken on her head -- as long as she shows up, that's the important thing.
Too funny and very true! My computer screen almost got a coffee bath though.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Nobility

Mia_mae: Your latest post makes good sense, even if we (and millions of others) will miss seeing the bling that only royalty can do with propriety.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Royal Highness

I hope this article is okay to post here:Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton will wear her hair down on her big day says Richard Ward | Mail Online
Old 04-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

If true, then it definitely makes sense that Catherine would wear a much-lower profile tiara like the Strathmore or the Scroll (or something new created for her). The other tiaras, including the Lover's Knot Tiara, would look too top-heavy with her hair down.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Kate's hair gets in her face to much. I can just see loose pieces getting stuck in her tiara! Then again she has never quite sold an updo for me either. I didn't really like her half-back do. Too nice for such an informal event and not that flattering. Then again it was hard to tell with it flying all around her head. I feel like her hair makes her look unprofessional as a result. Don't get me wrong it looks to be healthy but too long for my taste.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Commoner

I would love to see the Rundell brought out, too, along with all the rest of Alexandra's wedding jewels. It would be an ideal move during an era of austerity, after all - economy's down the drain? Just go shopping in your closet!

One of the things that I don't think many are taking into consideration is the bride's height - she's tall, although I'm not sure she's as tall as some accounts I've read. But tall girls wear the high tiaras well (I think of Victoria of Sweden). The lower tiaras like the Strathmore and the scroll just wouldn't register as well. Miss Middleton could wear the Rundell, the fringe and the Kokoshnik beautifully. I can also see her wearing the Vladimir without any of the hanging pendants - I think for a wedding look that they'd overwhelm (as would the Lover's Knot).
Old 04-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Gentry

Davids Bridal in the US (plus a few stores in Canada) appears to be getting ready to sell replicas of the potential tiaras

Tiaras Inspired by the Royal Collection | Facebook
Old 04-16-2011, 12:32 PM

Tiaras - Maketh the Bride
Old 04-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineML View Post
Davids Bridal in the US (plus a few stores in Canada) appears to be getting ready to sell replicas of the potential tiaras

Tiaras Inspired by the Royal Collection | Facebook
I am of mixed opinions of Davids Bridal doing this. For some reason I don't feel its right for a bazillion Strathmore Roses floating around out there yet on the other hand, it would be a unique chance to wear the "crown jewels". From what I've seen on the Facebook page, its getting a lot of positive feedback but at this time they are NOT for sale.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:15 PM

I would think that the House of GRAFF would like to create something tasteful as well as spectacular considering their salon is in London and also having the greatest collection of important jewels in the world.

Daniel Skidmore III
Jewel Expert and Collector
Old 04-16-2011, 08:08 PM

I think William will want her to wear one of Diana's tiaras as sort of a remberance and a way of including her memory in the wedding.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Commoner

The GoGB&I tiara is my favorite of all HM's headpieces...didn't I read that young girls throughout GB contributed money to purchase it for May of Teck as she then was? And that the Queen calls it "Granny's tiara" and favours it because it is light and easy to wear... Anyway, I seem to recall reading that in either the Field or Menkes jewelry books. Makes sense.

But I very much doubt that Catherine will wear that for the wedding. Perhaps the Middletons will buy one for her...you can pick up quite a decent fender for around a hundred thousand dollars. And maybe her mum will lend her a pair of earrings for the day, as I believe Diana's mother did for her own daughter...

So, do we think pearls, or a diamond choker, or no necklace at all?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post
I think William will want her to wear one of Diana's tiaras as sort of a remberance and a way of including her memory in the wedding.
Actually I think that if we do see the Lover's Knot, that will be the main reason why she does wear it.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessRennie View Post
So, do we think pearls, or a diamond choker, or no necklace at all?
I'm leaning towards pearls but then it all depends on the neckline of the dress too. Either pearls or no necklace at all.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Its a shame that a lot of British royal crowns have not been used for years.Like Queen Victorias shappire tiara.Kate should wear that tiara(Her wedding day or another event)because it matches her ring.I know it was Victorias but it deserves to shine not pile in dust forever.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Why is he talking to the press about how he will be styling her hair? If I was Kate I would find another hair dresser. If this is true, then its such a pity IMO as hair is nice up when wearing a tiara & a veil especially with long hair like Kates, if left open it could get messy.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Obviously he didn't have to sign a confidentiality agreement. Fire him and his 15 - 16 "assistants asses! Do not let his feet touch the floor.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:30 AM

Lynton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
I strongly believe we'll see Kate with the strathmore rose possibly for the wedding or her time as princess. Yet Diana got a rather large tiara when she married, so maybe kate will get a large tiara too?
That's nonsense , Diana wore one of two Spenser family tiaras . There. Is one the Queen gave her however it was not worn at the wedding .
Old 04-17-2011, 03:34 AM

Lynton

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Its a shame that a lot of British royal crowns have not been used for years.Like Queen Victorias shappire tiara.Kate should wear that tiara(Her wedding day or another event)because it matches her ring.I know it was Victorias but it deserves to shine not pile in dust forever.
I can assure you none of the Royal families tiaras , pile in dust ! Queen victories tiara is much loved however would not suit , as an appropriate wedding tiara , despite having sapphires in it .

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding