The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 8 4.85%
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara 19 11.52%
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara 9 5.45%
The Strathmore Rose Tiara 51 30.91%
The Spencer Tiara 7 4.24%
The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara) 11 6.67%
The Rundell Diamond Tiara 7 4.24%
Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! 33 20.00%
The Middletons will buy her a new one 9 5.45%
Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair. 9 5.45%
None of the Above 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The Strathmore rose is a lovely tiara, but I had it down as one for Harry's wife, and not really William's wife. I would love to see one of the fringe tiara's reappear. I do hope the Cambridge Lovers Knot does not appear as a wedding tiara, but potentially one that Catherine can use in time.
I was wondering if it was more suitable for Harry's wife, as William's wife is destined to be Queen, unless William and Kate's wedding will be deliberately scaled down a bit.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness

I think the Strathmore Rose tiara would be beautiful on Catherine, and that's what I'm rooting for. But I still think we'll see the Lover's Knot tiara at the wedding. I'll put Harry's wife down for QEQM's Scroll Tiara. As for the Rundell tiara, given the fact that it hasn't been seen since Queen Alexandra, and that Queen Mary liked to break up pieces she was bored with or didn't like and use the stones elsewhere, I'm guessing it's history!

Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Gentry

I was rooting for the Strathmore as well, but I think I have moved on to the Teck Circle Tiara...of course she will be able to carry off either of them beautifully.

I am hoping also to see the Rundell in the light of day again, but I think you may be right about it.

Going to be a long few months until we see which it is.

Annamarie
Old 11-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

Can anyone provide a link to a photo of the Strathmore Tiara? :)
Old 11-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Can anyone provide a link to a photo of the Strathmore Tiara? :)
http://image.dek-d.com/23/2029309/102448125
Old 11-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Is that a pearl in the middle of the main "flower"?
Old 11-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
I think it's just the lighting in the picture. If you look closely (at least to me...) it looks like a diamond.

Annamarie
Old 11-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
No it´s a diamond
Old 11-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Thank you

That´s a really nice tiara
Old 11-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Courtier

I'm not sold on the Strathmore Rose tiara for Kate on her wedding day. I think for that day, she should go a little larger and more elaborate. She can carry it off, and with the right dress something with more substance would be gorgeous on her. This will be the first time we see her in a Tiara, and the the one day when it will be the most significant. Not the Lovers Knot Tiara, but something similar.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

What about the big tiara that Camilla wears? I keep forgetting what it's called but it's really beautiful and I'm sure Kate can pull it off.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The Boucheron Honeycomb tiara?

Oh I should hope we never see Catherine wear it. It would look incredibly gaudy on a younger woman.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
The Boucheron Honeycomb tiara?

Oh I should hope we never see Catherine wear it. It would look incredibly gaudy on a younger woman.
I have to agree with that. Not a tiara I can see on Catherine.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Royal Highness

I really do not think that we will be seeing a large tiara that day. The Rundell is entirely too large and I believe, if we see it again, that it will be on Camilla's head. The other tiaras that have been discussed of Queen Mary's are also quite large, and over-the-top as well. As much as I would like to see the Strathmore Rose tiara make a re-appearance (the BRF is woefully lacking in a suitable floral tiara), it is my understanding that the piece is set in silver and is very, very badly tarnished and not wearable. If it were refurbished that would be wonderful. Given the fact that Miss Middleton is marrying the son of the heir to the throne (so, he's second in line right now) I do think that we will see a smaller tiara. I hope, hope, hope, HOPE it is not that Lover's Knot tiara. It's beautiful, but this is the time for Miss Middleton to receive that she can claim as a signature piece--and not one so closely associated with Diana. She has the engagement ring (gorgeous, BTW) let's see her get something not associated with Diana. I think that what she wears on her wedding day will be hers--just as Sarah's and Sophie's were. I would love to see a new tiara, but I don't think we will. I'm thinking a simple bandeau (one of Queen Mary's simpler pieces) or the Scroll tiara. It's quite appropriate for her, I think.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

A bandeau tiara (similar to Maxima's) would look nice on Kate. Understated and elegant.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think we are going to see a major tiara, both in size and in provenance. This is after all, the woman who will be the mother of future sovereigns. As we have seen QEQM's tiaras on Charles' second wife, who from a geneology standpoint will rate all of a notation of :2nd m. Camilla Shand Parker-Boweles (no issue), in the family tree of the House of Windsor. I can see why QEII would not want to give out major pieces to the younger DIL's but this is the main bloodline here. Also, because Kate has no family tiara, more than likely she will get a smaller one for other less prominent occasions.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd like to see Catherine inherit the use of the Saudi sapphire and diamond suite and the sapphire and diamond encrusted brooch with the addition of the pearls which comprise the correlating choker.

Also Diana's single strand of pearls and the graduated single strand of pearls along with the Emir of Qatar diamond and pearl drop earrings.

I believe Collingwood also presented Diana with a pair of diamond and pearl drop earrings that I'd also like to see Catherine wear and the diamond and emerald earrings Charles gave Diana on the occasion of her 22nd birthday.

As the Cambridge Art Deco emerald choker, the Queen's four row pearl choker and the Lovers Knot were returned to the royal collection upon her death, I doubt they are likley to be seen.

Everything else can go to Henry

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the Strathmore Rose Tiara would be lovely with a veil but on its own, It doesn't really work to well as a tiara. I liked it worn over the forehead in a 20's style, but as a tiara it doesn't do it for me. But maybe if it were refurbished and given a higher base it could work well.

Scooter, I don't think we will see Kate with a large tiara for a long while. I don't see Kate being at many tiara events until William spends less time with the army and more with royal duties. Am I right in thinking that their children, if they have them while the Queen is still alive, will only be Lords and Lady's.

My bet is on the Scroll tiara. Its pretty and delicate but substantial enough for a future Queen. As for Diana's jewels, I would so love for Kate to get the Aquamarine earrings and the Sapphire Suite and Choker/Brooch. Also, incase anyone VIP is reading this, the Duchess's of Portland sapphire and pearl tiara would go perfect with these! But I dont think we will see Kate with any of Diana's jewels really.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
It's beautiful, but this is the time for Miss Middleton to receive that she can claim as a signature piece--and not one so closely associated with Diana. She has the engagement ring (gorgeous, BTW) let's see her get something not associated with Diana.
I strongly suspect the Queen will be the one choosing Catherine's tiara if they decide to take one from the vaults, and she will no doubt vigorously avoid any more "Diana" jewels. I'm sure she will feel the ring is quite enough association. I will even be a bit surprised if Catherine is allowed to wear the Cambridge Lovers Knot for that reason.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
As much as I would like to see the Strathmore Rose tiara make a re-appearance (the BRF is woefully lacking in a suitable floral tiara), it is my understanding that the piece is set in silver and is very, very badly tarnished and not wearable. If it were refurbished that would be wonderful. Given the fact that Miss Middleton is marrying the son of the heir to the throne (so, he's second in line right now) I do think that we will see a smaller tiara. I hope, hope, hope, HOPE it is not that Lover's Knot tiara. It's beautiful, but this is the time for Miss Middleton to receive that she can claim as a signature piece--and not one so closely associated with Diana. She has the engagement ring (gorgeous, BTW) let's see her get something not associated with Diana. I think that what she wears on her wedding day will be hers--just as Sarah's and Sophie's were.
Considering that QEQM was marrying the Second-in-line for the throne when she wore the Strathmore Rose tiara on her wedding day, the symbolism would be perfect! Plus I think there should be some rememberance of QEQM present too. She was involved in William'a life too! They certainly have time to spiff it up.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding