The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 8 4.85%
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara 19 11.52%
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara 9 5.45%
The Strathmore Rose Tiara 51 30.91%
The Spencer Tiara 7 4.24%
The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara) 11 6.67%
The Rundell Diamond Tiara 7 4.24%
Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! 33 20.00%
The Middletons will buy her a new one 9 5.45%
Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair. 9 5.45%
None of the Above 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Royal Highness

Royal Asscher, Tacori, and Judith Ripka tiara designs are possible, but the Stratmore tiara would be best.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Courtier

Yes, definitely some updates for Lady Liberty. :) I'm hoping for the Strathmore tiara as well, unless there is one hidden deep in the vaults that has not been seen for umpteen years.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I believe the Queen Mother gifted that to Princess Margaret, and is thus in her family, and not available for Catherine to wear.
didnt Lord Linley and Lady Chatto sell all their mothers jewelry ??( to the highest bidder )
Old 04-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin Deas View Post
didnt Lord Linley and Lady Chatto sell all their mothers jewelry ??( to the highest bidder )
No. There were a few notable pieces, such as the Teck Diamond Necklace and the Papyrus Fan Tiara, that were not included in the auction of Margaret's jewels. Presumbly, these remain with Lady Sarah and Viscount Linley.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:38 AM
Aristocracy

I would love for Kate to get a new one all her own for the wedding. She has such unique style... It would just be fitting in my opinion. Not long till we find out!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Nobility

Tiara or No Tiara?

In today's Independent, Talbot Church at says there will be no tiara.

Sigh...

"* No tiara. According to wedding consultants, tiaras suggest privilege. It has been reluctantly agreed that "Princess Ordinary" should go without on this occasion."

Leading article: Give and take - Leading Articles, Opinion - The Independent
Old 04-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoLynn View Post
I would love for Kate to get a new one all her own for the wedding. She has such unique style... It would just be fitting in my opinion. Not long till we find out!
Unique style? Explain that to me, please.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
In today's Independent, Talbot Church at says there will be no tiara.

Sigh...

"* No tiara. According to wedding consultants, tiaras suggest privilege. It has been reluctantly agreed that "Princess Ordinary" should go without on this occasion."

Leading article: Give and take - Leading Articles, Opinion - The Independent
Lol, she may not be noble, but she's pretty privileged. If Autumn Kelly can wear a tiara, so can Kate imo.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Courtier

Is Talbot Church a "reliable source"? And since when is Britain a classless society? Isn't that one of reasons that the Middletons have gotten some negativity .... stepping up above their "place"???

I doubt this person knows whereof they speak. :)
Old 04-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Is Talbot Church a "reliable source"? And since when is Britain a classless society? Isn't that one of reasons that the Middletons have gotten some negativity .... stepping up above their "place"???

I doubt this person knows whereof they speak. :)
From the articles I've read previously from Talbot Church, he seems to write tongue-in-cheek and his articles are never meant to be taken seriously. He's written some very amusing pieces on the upcoming wedding and the royals that I really enjoyed. I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Courtier

Maybe no tiara but some broches used as pins in her hair.

I found this picture of Victoria Bourbon-Two Sicilies at her wedding.
She had an original way of attaching her veil.
Kate could certainly pull that of with her beautiful hair

http://royalehuwelijken.web-log.nl/p...s_270903_1.jpg
Old 04-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Commoner

If ordinary "folks" like my second daughter can wear a tiara as a hairpiece/veil holder, what is to stop Miss Middleton? I say go for it and never mind the naysayers!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

I am still hoping for a proper tiara! If she steps out of the car with out one, I will turn off my TV and go into a mayor depression for the rest of Friday 29th!!!
So many commoner brides borrow tiaras from their in-laws, when the marry into noble families (or more general: when they marry into families which own a tiara). And she's not marrying just any noble bloke, she's marrying a future king!
Oh dear, I just hope that all these reports are mere based on the imagination of some frustrated journalists.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I believe a tiara is in order. I know "things" are tough most places, but they don't have to buy a new one! I think Kate just might not want to wear one. If that's the case, it's OK by me. She will simply give us less to remember about her wedding.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Nobility

You can say that again, KittyAtlanta! There is a fine line between not wanting to overdo the glitz and glamour for the sake of hard times, or going overboard trying to please, and in the process losing some of the magic. I remember my mother telling me that, no matter how hard things were in the depression, they still went to the movies and loved to watch people dress up and wear jewels. It was fun -- and it took people's minds off their troubles. And I remember reading that the Queen (Mother) dressed up every day that she went out with the King to visit areas of London that had been bombed during the blitz, and she wore day dresses, but with furs, hats and jewels. She knew that people appreciated her efforts and it gave them a lift to see her beautifully attired, as they expected a queen to be.

This is the only marriage of an heir for another full generation (assuming this marriage survives) and they need to realize that they will miss an opportunity to bond people further to them by inspiring us with the pomp and ceremony -- and the beautiful dress and jewels so many people look forward to seeing.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope she does not wear the Spencer tiara.Shes always going to be compared to Diana she should not encourage that.Victoria did the same thing and everyone predicted that.I think she should wear the same tiara the queen wore on her wedding day.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

She can't wear the Spencer Tiara anyway. She's not marrying into the Spencer family, she's marrying into the Windsor family. The Spencer tiara is reserved for Spencer brides.

All this bellyaching about whether she'll wear a tiara or not.....who cares? She more than likely will, but if she doesn't, is it the end of the world? Will the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse gallop down the Mall? If her not wearing a tiara causes people to remember less about her wedding, they probably need to start taking some gingko biloba for their memories, because they're starting to go on the fritz.

She could show up with a bucket of fried chicken on her head -- as long as she shows up, that's the important thing.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
She could show up with a bucket of fried chicken on her head -- as long as she shows up, that's the important thing.
That could pose a major problem for Prince William.. I've been known to kidnap people over a good bucket of fried chicken
Old 04-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
She can't wear the Spencer Tiara anyway. She's not marrying into the Spencer family, she's marrying into the Windsor family. The Spencer tiara is reserved for Spencer brides.
Thank you, Sister Morphine, for saying this TRUE statement yet again! The Spencer Tiara is not an option, never was an option, and never will be an option for this wedding!

Quote:
All this bellyaching about whether she'll wear a tiara or not.....who cares? She more than likely will, but if she doesn't, is it the end of the world?
Plain truth of the matter is that WE all want to see a tiara, preferably something we can identify from Suzy Menkes or Leslie Fields as a long-lost treasure from the vaults. I'm totally down with that. As long as we all realize that the only reason we have for wanting her to wear a tiara is that we want to see a tiara.

She doesn't have to wear one, there's no "rule," but if Autumn Kelly can wear one without being called a social-climbing, uncaring, "let 'em eat cake" snob, then I guess that Miss Middleton can walk down the aisle in Westminster Abbey with 2 billion people watching real-time around the world and get away with wearing a tiara!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

All this bellyaching about whether she'll wear a tiara or not.....who cares? She more than likely will, but if she doesn't, is it the end of the world? Will the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse gallop down the Mall? If her not wearing a tiara causes people to remember less about her wedding, they probably need to start taking some gingko biloba for their memories, because they're starting to go on the fritz.

Yes, she probably could.... but for the estimated 2 billion people expected to be watching, it would be snoozville if she doesn't have a certain WOW factor. Either in the dress or the headpiece... whatever it may be.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding