The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 8 4.85%
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara 19 11.52%
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara 9 5.45%
The Strathmore Rose Tiara 51 30.91%
The Spencer Tiara 7 4.24%
The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara) 11 6.67%
The Rundell Diamond Tiara 7 4.24%
Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! 33 20.00%
The Middletons will buy her a new one 9 5.45%
Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair. 9 5.45%
None of the Above 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Query whether Catherine will receive the Cambridge emeralds that Diana had previously used?
I think you're referring to the Queen Mary emerald choker. To my knowledge, the Princess of Wales never wore the Cambridge emeralds. They're in possession on QEII

Old 02-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
I think you're referring to the Queen Mary emerald choker. To my knowledge, the Princess of Wales never wore the Cambridge emeralds. They're in possession on QEII
The emerald choker of Diana is indeed part of the cambridge emeralds, just not from the parure that QE II wears.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Thats right, I was referring to the choker from Queen Mary, whch was made using Cambridge emeralds.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
Now that the official visit to Canada has been announced, shld we expect a tiara? I know Camilla did not wear a tiara, but didn't the Countess of Wessex where one when she made an official visit?
I think it is unlikely that Catherine will wear a tiara on the forthcoming trip to Canada.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Aristocracy

well, if they come to the USA I would bet that they would be invited to dinner at the Whitehouse. So....... maybe?
Old 02-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
well, if they come to the USA I would bet that they would be invited to dinner at the Whitehouse. So....... maybe?
Of the ladies of the BRF, it is only the Queen that typically wears tiaras when abroad. Camilla has only worn a tiara once when abroad, whilst at the Commonwealth Heads of Government meetings in Uganda.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Of the ladies of the BRF, it is only the Queen that typically wears tiaras when abroad. Camilla has only worn a tiara once when abroad, whilst at the Commonwealth Heads of Government meetings in Uganda.
Diana wore one to the Whitehouse when she danced with John Travolta in the famous midnight blue velvet dress.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Past Canadian visits of both Sarah and Diana included state dinners where the tiaras came out. Wouldn't it make sense, then, that Catherine would also wear tiaras for state dinners?

During Diana's first visit in 1983, the tiaras came out 5 times:

Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara with cream gown in Ottawa
Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara with yellow gown
Spencer tiara with aqua gown in St. John, NB
Spencer Tiara with red gown in Edmonton
Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara with a bright pink dress in Ottawa. I have pictures of this in a book but cannot find any online. The same dress was worn in Australia (but with the Spencer tiara) also in 1983
Old 02-18-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
Diana wore one to the Whitehouse when she danced with John Travolta in the famous midnight blue velvet dress.
I've never seen a picture of her wearing a tiara at that event, just the pearl and sapphire choker. Which tiara did she wear?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Confirming no tiara for Diana at the White House. Tiaras are worn when it is formal, this was a black tie event.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Confirming no tiara for Diana at the White House. Tiaras are worn when it is formal, this was a black tie event.
IMIO, tiara's are usually worn at "State banquets", which are typically held for visiting heads of state. Since Charles in not head of state, host nations have a banquet for him, but it is not a state banquet, and typically tiaras are not used. This is very much my view, but I also recognise that Diana did wear tiaras in Canada in the early 1980s.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Galería de imágenes - Foto 2 - Catherine Middleton, en busca de su tiara nupcial
Hola magazine has a nice list with all the British tiaras that she can choose , really stunning, must be fun on trying all of them!
http://translate.google.com/translat...ial%2F1%2F2%2F
Old 02-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Galería de imágenes - Foto 2 - Catherine Middleton, en busca de su tiara nupcial
Hola magazine has a nice list with all the British tiaras that she can choose , really stunning, must be fun on trying all of them!
Google Translate
Rather unfortunately, IMO the list in Hola / Hello has not really been thought thorugh and is just a random listing of tiaras. It includes tiaras that are in active use by HM currently (including the Girls of Great Britain & Northern Ireland tiara and the Grand Duchess Vladamir), and tiaras that other members of the BRF use (Greak Meander tiara used by Anne). It also has a number of pictures of the Spencer tiara that Diana used, but that really belongs to Earl Spencer, and not the BRF.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
IMIO, tiara's are usually worn at "State banquets", which are typically held for visiting heads of state. Since Charles in not head of state, host nations have a banquet for him, but it is not a state banquet, and typically tiaras are not used. This is very much my view, but I also recognise that Diana did wear tiaras in Canada in the early 1980s.
Thank you for your illumination. Having been a Congressional Page in my early years and briefly worked in the White House during the Reagan administration, I am well aware of White House protocol.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness

I really like the Strathmore Tiara, I think it is very elegant.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Thank you for your illumination. Having been a Congressional Page in my early years and briefly worked in the White House during the Reagan administration, I am well aware of White House protocol.
Not sure the sarcasm is really either appropriate, or constructive.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

There was no scarcasm in my post. Just the facts, ma'am.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Aristocracy

you were right. No tiara on that occasion at the Whitehouse. However, I did find a spoof on SNL of Diana and Charles at the Whitehouse and Madonna wore a tiara
http://www.livevideo.com/flvplayer/f....wordpress.com
Old 02-21-2011, 07:21 PM

I hope it's The Girls of Great Britain & Ireland Tiara

But given the fact this was a wedding present to HM by Queen Mary, it is doubtful. IBut I think it is a significant tiara to add to the majestic aura of the occasion and to Kate's statuesque beauty.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by susankay
But given the fact this was a wedding present to HM by Queen Mary, it is doubtful. But I think it is a significant tiara to add to the majestic aura of the occasion and to Kate's statuesque beauty.
Ah but wouldn't that be sorta sweet- given to the granddaughter on her wedding and then HM gives it (lends) to her granddaughter in law :)

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding