Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catherine Helvin

Nobility
City
St Helens
Country
United Kingdom
If you could design a wedding dress for Kate Middleton, what would it be like?

I'd give her a full, flowing skirt (not necessarily sticking out like Diana's) with a nice long train and veil. The neckline would be a scoop neck with a lace overlay embroidered with sequins.

The veil would be attached to the tiara and over her face until after the formalities are over.

Over to you.

(mods, if there's a similar topic on here, my apologies)

I think it's fairly likely that it will have a v neckline, as that seems to be Kate's favorite. It is also quite flattering.

I see her in something close to the body. A silky almost a 30's type feel dress (but not satin) with a long train and even longer veil. I can't see her with the veil over the face until William lifts it to kiss the bride (I think that type of veil is called a "blusher"). That would be too much like Di. :princess:

I'm thinking a dress like Mette-Marit's, but with a V-neck instead of square. The fit, showing the figure, yet having a flowing skirt, would seem to suit Catherine's signature look. Please, please someone tell her she shouldn't wear a jacket like Letizia's that overwhelms her frame!

I see her in something close to the body. A silky almost a 30's type feel dress (but not satin) with a long train and even longer veil. I can't see her with the veil over the face until William lifts it to kiss the bride (I think that type of veil is called a "blusher"). That would be too much like Di. :princess:

No kiss in the church. It just ain't done.

The part of the veil that covers the bride's face is called a blusher. As for lifting the veil, Diana's was cut off after the formalities were over.

Very nice dress Madame Royale! I really like it!

I'd like to see her in a dress similar to Ivanka Trump's wedding dress. Classic, elegant & timeless.

Naturally, on both accounts.

I should hope Catherine decides to wear her hair as a chignon, and accordingly has a veil of chantilly lace mounted atop of her hair, underneath (or just behind) whichever tiara is chosen.

Last edited:
The part of the veil that covers the bride's face is called a blusher. As for lifting the veil, Diana's was cut off after the formalities were over.
But Dianas and Sarahs Veil where lifted when they signed the Wedding register out of the eye of the Cameras. Only in Sophie's case it was lifted earlier. Diana was the only who wore the tiara over the Veil in Sarah
s case the tiara was covered by flwers but this was under the Veil and also Sophie had the tiara under the Veil. But perhaps Kate will have no Veil over her face at all.

Last edited:
That is a beautiful dress.:flowers: Why does it remind me of the dress Leslie Caron wore in Gigi?

Oh THAT evening gown :heart2: That is one of my all time favourite pieces of cinematic couture.

The bodice of either gown is certainly not dissimilar. Well noted, Zonk :)

Last edited:
Funny that no one is suggesting Catherine Walker. She was Diana's favorite designer and she's British.
I think that Church etiquette will require that she wear a gown with sleeves and a decolletage that's not too open. I think that's why Sophie wore a coat that she probably removed for the reception.

It would be a little difficult for Catherine Walker to design a wedding dress for Catherine Middleton. As she died a few weeks ago. However some designer might use one of her designs as an inspiration, or a starting point.

Last edited:
Did any of the CP's have veils over their faced when they married? I can only remember Diana and Grace Kelly doing that.

It would be a little difficult for Catherine Walker to design a wedding dress for Catherine Middleton. As she died a few weeks ago. However some designer might use one of her designs as an inspiration, or a starting point.
That is very sad shocking news!:sad:

According to the Catherine Walker website http://www.catherinewalker.com/:

In 2008, and in failing health, Catherine Walker handpicked and trained a new design team under the name Catherine Walker & Co with a portfolio of designs to spring/summer 2012. Through her foresight, this new team is equipped to carry forward her philosophy and the unique handwriting of her brand into the 21st century.

I was happy to hear that Catherine Walker & Co. will continue. However- I don't think Kate will choose them for her wedding dress.

I'm actually hoping Kate will choose Stella McCartney to do her gown. I think she would come up with something suitably royal but also original and stylish. I don't know what other designers she favors but I'm sure she would someone British for her dress.

Christine Kendall also designs beautiful wedding dresses. I heard that Kate wanted Phillipa Lepley to design her dress.

I heard that Kate wanted Phillipa Lepley to design her dress.

After watching this video about Phillipa Lepley's designs, I really think she would create something breathtakingly beautiful... and perfectly suiting to Kate.

Phillipa Lepley (click on "Wedding gowns" then "Phillipa Flicks" to watch this video)

Some of Phillipa Lepley's designs look quite nice but I wouldn't be surprised if Kate asked Elizabeth Emanuel to design her wedding dress.

I would be very surprised.

Galería de imágenes - Foto 2 - Bodas reales: ¿Cómo será el vestido de novia de Kate Middleton?

I love this silhouette for Kate except I don't care for the train starting at her shoulders. Of course Stephane Rolland isn't British. He did a gorgeous (IMO) grey 50's style dress for Shieka Moza when she visited England with her husband.

I really like this design: Galería de imágenes - Foto 1 - Bodas reales: ¿Cómo será el vestido de novia de Kate Middleton?
It's the designer of Mary of Denmark's dress who made this

I really like this design: Galería de imágenes - Foto 1 - Bodas reales: ¿Cómo será el vestido de novia de Kate Middleton?
It's the designer of Mary of Denmark's dress who made this

Yes I love that too...my 2nd favorite dress for her. If I had been Mary I would've chose this one instead and maybe asked to borrow that heart shaped tiara for my wedding day. Kate should check this place out and get some ideas. If you love shoes scroll down to the photo of shoes and click on it. :p
Fashionbride's Weblog

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom