Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For HRB to be, yes I do believe it will have sort of skirt fullness..

Patience,, shortly the entire world will know.

It seems as if just about every British designer has been named as the designer of choice!

Maybe we should look for the one who hasn't been named, and that will prove to be the right one!

Clever thinking, kind of like Sherlock Holmes.....discount all the obvious solutions and one left over is the solution you need!

The People magazine with Jennifer Lopez on the cover, has a 10 page spread on the royal wedding....they mention that supposedly Kate is to have a preference for a Grace Kelly kind of dress. I thought Grace's dress was beautiful but I am wondering if Kate can pull that off. Maybe when she first came in the public eye, but now I think she should go for a sleek simple look.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
You know what? I can see Libelula if she goes the coat dress route, a la Letizia and Mathilde. If she's wearing a long-trained coat dress (e.g., in silk velvet embroidered with silver motifs to match her jewelry), she could be wearing a soft, draped silk underdress. That tailored coat over feminine underdress look would suit her well. And if the train's long enough and the tiara grand enough, well ...

I could see Kate going for that sort of look. I've always thought she has great coats and it seems to be a style that she likes.

I hope the design remains a secret until Kate steps into the church. I want to be surprised! I think her gown will have simple lines but be quite elegant. No poufy sleeves and big ruffles. More conservative. Whatever she wears she will be elegantly beautiful.

I wonder how DM got some of those details. I don't want to know the dress design tbh even though I originally wanted to know the designer and such I don't anymore it's way more fun this way! It leaves you full of anticipation.

The People magazine with Jennifer Lopez on the cover, has a 10 page spread on the royal wedding....they mention that supposedly Kate is to have a preference for a Grace Kelly kind of dress. I thought Grace's dress was beautiful but I am wondering if Kate can pull that off. Maybe when she first came in the public eye, but now I think she should go for a sleek simple look.

Thoughts?
Hmmm....I'm trying to imagine Kate in Princess Grace's gown and it ain't fittin'!!:lol: Grace's gown was designed by a Hollywood costumer and it had a lot of drama fit for an actress. Grace's gown is beautiful and from some recent pictures I've seen of it, it has held up quite well.

I agree Kate should go for a sleek simple look. The dress she wore the day of the engagement announcement has the sleek lines that I have in mind. She seems to getting a little thin to me, though. I guess its just nerves. :flowers: It's all mere speculation on all our parts. I was pleasantly surprised when I first saw Princess Victoria's gown. I loved the way it looked so clean cut and modern and traditional at the same time. And she wore that gown, it did not wear her. I hope the same for Kate. Regardless of whether it Oldfield or a flour sack, she will be a beautiful bride.

There aren't really any details just speculation and to be honest I always assumed Kate had a large hand in designing her dress or 'designed' it herself, makes sense....if you could, you would

Anytime i read anything that has Daily Mail in it, I tend to file it away in the back recesses of my mind as a questionable source. What did catch my eye though in this article is that they state that both William and Kate have agreed to auction off her wedding dress for charity after the wedding.
Although I think the sentiment is very much Wills and Katish, this dress is going to be an historical piece and it just strikes the wrong chord to have it bartered off to the highest bidder.

Thoughts?
Kate may have preference for Grace type of gown but so does the entire universe although she is is not a Grace girl at all. She has more of a vamp in her.She is more an Audrey Hepburn- Jackie leaning stylewise girl and hope to see her in something sleek.

Neither Audrey Hepburn nor Jackie Kennedy were vamps. A vamp is a seductress, a sexually-charged woman. While both Audrey and Jackie were beautiful women with great personal style, neither of those things describe either their personalities, or the way they dressed.

Neither Audrey Hepburn nor Jackie Kennedy were vamps. A vamp is a seductress, a sexually-charged woman. While both Audrey and Jackie were beautiful women with great personal style, neither of those things describe either their personalities, or the way they dressed.

I agree. Personally, Kate doesn't strike me as the vampish type. Where did that impression come from?:ermm:

Interestingly enough, it turns out from various biographers that Princess Grace was much more of a "vampish" type than anyone ever thought. I would honestly rather avert my eyes from that description. :) In appearance I don't think any of the women mentioned gave the impression of being vampish.

Thoughts?

Oh, I hope so! Grace's dress was absolutely gorgeous (the detail in it was just amazing!)
I actually saw it displayed in the Philadelphia Art Museum, and the photographs don't do it justice. Also, it doesn't look as dated as so many other royal wedding dresses.

I would much prefer that Kate chooses something like that, rather than a "modern" dress that will simply disappear in the grandeur of the Abbey.

I see no reason why she couldn't wear it quite as well as Grace did, and look just as lovely. :)

Anytime i read anything that has Daily Mail in it, I tend to file it away in the back recesses of my mind as a questionable source. What did catch my eye though in this article is that they state that both William and Kate have agreed to auction off her wedding dress for charity after the wedding.
Although I think the sentiment is very much Wills and Katish, this dress is going to be an historical piece and it just strikes the wrong chord to have it bartered off to the highest bidder.

Oh good lord! I hope this is just a DM made up story without an ounce of truth. Austerity is one thing, but this takes it much too far. Royal wedding gowns are part of history and should be reserved as such. Putting the gown on display for the public to view with the proceeds perhaps going to charity would be much more fitting. Raising money for charity is wonderful, but to sell off Royal history is not. If they want to raise money for charity, Kate will have many opportunities to auction off dresses she wears for Royal functions in the future...just as Diana did.

I doubt that there is any truth in what the DM claims. Neither William nor Kate would be so stupid.

About the rumor Kate going a Princess Grace' wedding gown way. That would make this forum member very happy! As said here before by othere I also consider her dresss one of the best. I don't want a replica of it, but just to hear that as a inspiration makes me excited, regardless of who is the official designer.

Royal Wedding: Unknown designer Sophie Cranston said to be the creator of Kate's wedding dress - hellomagazine.com

The 29-year-old is said to have gone to Sophie with her dream dress in mind, having taken inspiration from her History of Art degree, in particular the Renaissance period.

A 'Grace Kelly' style gown has been done! Now it's some unknown dressmaker and a new speculation. I think the odds-makers are getting a little ridiculous here. If she wore something from Target or Old Navy, I'm sure they'd be up on the board as possible designers with odds for betting too.

One thing is certain. If the designer does not happens to be Miss Cranston, Huffington Post' Yvonne York should consider a career change.

What did catch my eye though in this article is that they state that both William and Kate have agreed to auction off her wedding dress for charity after the wedding.

Oh surely not. :ohmy:

Well I certainly hope that if indeed they do that, the winning bidder does the honorable thing and returns the dress back to her. Seems to me that the best thing to do is to simply ask for donations to their favorite charities in lieu of wedding gifts. Auctioning off your wedding gown, even for charity is a bit tacky.

Hopefully this is just another one of those rampant ludicrous rumors the press are laying awake at night making up.

I'm waiting to hear that they're really eloping to Vegas and getting married by an Elvis impersonator. That would bring all the ridiculous wedding rumors full circle.

I'm waiting to hear that they're really eloping to Vegas and getting married by an Elvis impersonator. That would bring all the ridiculous wedding rumors full circle.

And Kate will wear a big fat Priscilla "do" and William a white satin jumpsuit with swarvorski crystals. The wedding song will be "Love Me Tender" and the couple will homeymoon in Blue Hawaii. :lol:

And Kate will wear a big fat Priscilla "do" and William a white satin jumpsuit with swarvorski crystals. The wedding song will be "Love Me Tender" and the couple will homeymoon in Blue Hawaii. :lol:

No no, the wedding song will be Can't Help Falling In Love, if they're honeymooning in Blue Hawaii. I'll be sorely disappointed if William isn't wearing a cape, either. The cape brings the whole sequined jumpsuit together.

No no, the wedding song will be Can't Help Falling In Love, if they're honeymooning in Blue Hawaii. I'll be sorely disappointed if William isn't wearing a cape, either. The cape brings the whole sequined jumpsuit together.

Lets not forget that due to this "kingly" couple, the laws of equal primogenture will be passed to include all first born children. We now have a future Queen Lisa Marie to look forwards to.

And most definitely he must NOT forget the cape! :ROFLMAO:

Entertainment tonight stated that Sophie Cranston is the designer. That Kate had designed it herself, and it is Ivory Duchess satin with only a 10' train. Not sure 10' is quite enough. 15' would be better.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom