Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the book "A Gown for Diana" written by the Emanuels about the entire process. Diana's gown belongs to the time she lived in and at that time, it was something to behold. I still love it and always will.

I feel the same. Love it or hate it (and I love it) you see that dress and it transports you back to a time when we all believed fairy tales could come true. That was a Princess dress if there ever was one.

That said, Kate will wear something much more elegant and understated. It's just who she is.

Whatever Catherine wears, she will be beautiful, and Prince William will surely be charmed. I was interested to see she will be wearing her hair down. My only hope is that she does not lose even one ounce...her last pix showed a bit of a gaunt face. She actually looked older.

is it true bruce oldfield is designing her dress ? why ?????

is it true bruce oldfield is designing her dress ? why ?????

Nobody knows for sure, and it can just be a trick to throw the press off the right track. Just like the inclusion of Sarah Burton and Jasper Conran, whose names are also floating in the dress designer pond.
Up to now, the designer of the dress has been kept under wraps and I think that is an admirable result - considering we live in such a media-dominated age.

I feel the same. Love it or hate it (and I love it) you see that dress and it transports you back to a time when we all believed fairy tales could come true. That was a Princess dress if there ever was one.

That said, Kate will wear something much more elegant and understated. It's just who she is.

I feel the same way, when I see Diane's wedding dress.

I think Catherine will be a beautiful elegant bride. I can,t wait to see her in her wedding dress.

Last edited:
Absolutely NOT !!!

It's the best-kept secret in London .... England..... Scotland ......everywhere....

Actually I am also very excited about finding out the dress the day of the wedding. Its like finding out the name of the Danish Royals on christening day!

This is Kate Middleton's wedding, not Diana Spencer's over again! This is a simple Royal wedding of the heir of the heir, not a state occasion. Ms. Middleton won't "reference' past ceremonies, she has picked her designer to her style. She will wear a veil and have a train. The dress will suit her taste and style and look good in the church. It will fit the occasion. Kate will not become Princess William by marriage, but the Duchess of whatever royal dukedom HM The Queen grants upon William the morning of his wedding. The country will applaud, will love it.

This is Kate Middleton's wedding, not Diana Spencer's over again! This is a simple Royal wedding of the heir of the heir, not a state occasion. Ms. Middleton won't "reference' past ceremonies, she has picked her designer to her style. She will wear a veil and have a train. The dress will suit her taste and style and look good in the church. It will fit the occasion. Kate will not become Princess William by marriage, but the Duchess of whatever royal dukedom HM The Queen grants upon William the morning of his wedding. The country will applaud, will love it.

Uuh, and you know this how???

I am hoping that Catherine wears something very fitted and elegant, she certainly has the figure for that, lots of beading on the bodice and a cap sleeve or even some lace. I think though it will need some type of train so it is not overpowered by the grandeur of the Abbey (not as long as Diana's though that was ridiculous)

I have always liked what Fergie did with her veil - the simple flowers in her hair and then the tiara after she was married - very symbolic and appropriate.

I don't know all of the royal tiaras but I do like the "lovers knot" I think Diana wore it, or the one the Queen wore at her wedding (although I don't suppose she would wear that one)

Attendants dress colour - opinions?

Last edited:
I highly doubt Oldfield will design her dress.He is talking about publicly and he would not talk about if it was.

Would it be wrong for kate to be wearing a non british designer?Charlene is getting a dress from armani and it does not seem a problem.

She claims to know that it is Sophie Cranston of Libelula. She writes for the Huffington Post. If true, it is quite a surprise... But we won't know for sure until April 29.

Here is the article:

Yvonne Yorke: Exclusive: Sophie Cranston Chosen as Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress Designer

Looking at her site & the wedding dresses, they don't look very promising. I would love to see Kate in an Alexander McQueen dress but then there are some other promising British designers who I don't recall their names. I would also be surprised if she was actually doing the dress & how that was leaked.

:previous: Oh good grief! Her wedding dresses look more like fussy negligee's. :bang: Please, please, please let it be wrongg!!!!! :eek:

You make it sound like you are very tired about this and wish we would stop talking about it. I don't say you are tired, just that it comes across that way.

And yes, this is an heir to the heir wedding but absolutely not a simple one. Getting married in Westminster Abbey, having a bank holiday declared and pomp and circumstance involved - even though reduced - does not equal "simple" to me.
And yes, Catherine will become Princess William by marriage, apart from any Duke/Earl title he might receive.
We all assume/hope that she will wear a veil and a train, but won't know for sure until the 29th;

Uuh, and you know this how???

Agreed, it comes across written as fact while we don't know anything of the sort yet.

Would it be wrong for kate to be wearing a non british designer?Charlene is getting a dress from armani and it does not seem a problem.

True, but the British Royal Family is very different and much more steeped in tradition than the Monegasques.

Looking at her site & the wedding dresses, they don't look very promising. I would love to see Kate in an Alexander McQueen dress but then there are some other promising British designers who I don't recall their names. I would also be surprised if she was actually doing the dress & how that was leaked.

Me too, I hope it isn't true and then again, I wish they would just leave her alone and have the patience to await the 29th. Only a little less than a fortnight to go, I would say those two tiny weeks can be included as well by now.
And, I think I don't even want to see the dress before the wedding day.

:previous: Oh good grief! Her wedding dresses look more like fussy negligee's. :bang: Please, please, please let it be wrongg!!!!! :eek:

I agree, I don't like what I see there at all.

Last edited:
More thoughts on "The Gown"

We've heard also that there maybe three designers. And perhaps there is a dress just for the "dancing" party at night, and the Libelula could be for that part of the day.

Like Marg, I am a bit dismayed:ohmy: by the idea of Libelula (even though I had promised myself not to be critical about whatever dress she wears).

But I am remembering (and hoping) that Kate may have more than one surprise for us all!

I will say, that although we are owed nothing, I will be very dissappointed if Kate changes dresses,whether once or three times, and we don't get at least an official picture of the other dresses.....just saying I want to see as much as possible :)

We've heard also that there maybe three designers. And perhaps there is a dress just for the "dancing" party at night, and the Libelula could be for that part of the day.

Like Marg, I am a bit dismayed:ohmy: by the idea of Libelula (even though I had promised myself not to be critical about whatever dress she wears).

But I am remembering (and hoping) that Kate may have more than one surprise for us all!

I hope this theory is correct because I looked through the dresses from Libelula and was similarly unimpressed with the wedding offerings. The dresses have a feminine vibe that is clearly inspired from both the '40s and the late '60s/early '70s and I rather liked them for dressy or evening wear but definitely not for a wedding on the scale like this one.

The Libelula wedding dresses on the site just don't say Westminster Abbey wedding to me. They look like they would be great for a "Knees Up" in the evening though.

You know what? I can see Libelula if she goes the coat dress route, a la Letizia and Mathilde. If she's wearing a long-trained coat dress (e.g., in silk velvet embroidered with silver motifs to match her jewelry), she could be wearing a soft, draped silk underdress. That tailored coat over feminine underdress look would suit her well. And if the train's long enough and the tiara grand enough, well ...

Catherine Walker is a British designer but she's actually French. What about Jasper Conran, I've been really surprised his name hasn't come up - he did such a lovely job with Lady Sarah Chatto's wedding dress - and he's still designing.

Hi Island Princess:

I also thought of Catherine Walker, but I learned from these forums several months ago that she died last year! Her company is still in existence, but is run by others. And also Jasper Conran's name has been tossed about by forum posters and the British press. Guess we'll not really know much until 11 a.m. on the 29th! Very exciting!

It seems as if just about every British designer has been named as the designer of choice!

Maybe we should look for the one who hasn't been named, and that will prove to be the right one!

That's why this latest report was so surprising, don't you agree Mirabel? I have not heard of Libelula mentioned as a potential designer for Kate, despite having paid close attention to all of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom