Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so many of you said you cant see kate wearing Victorias dress but,I want too see kate in a simple but stunning dress.I can see how Victorias dress is not kates style but,I personally think she would look great in wedding dress like Mette Marit.What do you think?

I don't want to see simple.
I want to see lace and diamonds and a very long train.

I don't want to see simple.
I want to see lace and diamonds and a very long train.

I second that!

It's her one chance to go all out, and I for one hope she'll go for it! :D

Can I say I third that? I totally agree with both of you. I am hesitant to expect a dress to my liking (because I have been disappointed in the past - especially by Mette-Marit), but it is a British Royal Wedding and Catherine is marrying the 2nd in line.

So yes, deep down I have expectations because of the above mentioned but up to now I go by the expression 'I will see on April 29th'.

They were all awful. She could go to Kleinfeld's in NY and do better.

Yikes, that's saying something! The shortest meeting of my engagement was when someone talked me into haveing a scheduled meeting (required ) at klienfelds. Which dress would you like to see? Well, I didnt really love anything in the magazine...way to poufy. Can I just look through some of the line? Answer: No. Comeback when you have the advertisement of the dress you want to try. For this I went to BROOKLYN? I ended up with a then new designer who made me a custom dress. Her brand Amsale has become very sucessful since. But seriously...Klienfelds? Run for your life.

Last edited:
so if we balance all of the opinions stated, we can clearly see the majority doesn't want modern/minimalist. Good! now lets sign a petition and deliver to Clarence House. :p

I myself actually liked Maxima's dress. I understand if you go to big on the headpiece, you can't do too big on the dress. but....

Kate, let's compromise. I would prefer a smaller tiara, as long as wear "the" dress [not in a my-big-fat-gypsy way, of course].

There are so many options out there. I just hope she is aware that we expect something that not only will makes go "own", but also "wow".
Girl, you marry a real prince, ONW IT!

Sincerely,

Mia
:p

Also, when I was checking dresses there were some by Matthew Williamson, the guy who said he wouldn't like do Kate's wedding gown, well.... THANK GOD. His dresses are, how should a put? "not pretty at all". I'm not saying not good for a royal wedding, I'm saying not good for any kind of. arghh!
she's losing nothing on this matter!

I see Kate wearing a very simple but stunning dress, a dress that's form fitting and modern.

I guess I fourth, fifth or sixth that!!! Not sure where we are!!! :lol:

I really can't wait to see Kate's dress & what the other royal women will wear.

I love, love, love that Monique Lhuillier gown posted earlier. Can't say I care much for the front but I agree something similar would be perfect

This is my favourite although without the manadarin collar and of course, a much longer train:
Tiger Lily: Revolution Rocks Collection

If she goes down the plain silk route I hope for something similar to this, again with a long train and lace veil:
Caroline Castigliano Designer Wedding Dresses and Bridal Gowns − Opulent Collection

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a lacy number and also something that is a little bit figure hugging as she is blesssed with a beautiful shape she should show off!

Matthew Williamson is awesome. His designs are fresh and young. But not royal.

Mette-Marit's dress was hideous. I love Victor & Rolf and proud they are Dutch but eww, that dress was horrible.

I for one am hoping that she chooses a gown that is fitting for the Abbey. She is a "commoner" god how I hate that word and before our eyes she is turning into a Princess. I have 3 daughters that I am waking at 4am to watch this wedding like I did when I was 6 to watch with my grandma. I hope she enchants my girls like Diana did me. I will never forget the image of her leaving the carriage with that train. To me a 6 year old the wrinkles meant nothing LOL it was her Princess Dress.

Kate please please please wear a Princess Dress and wear a tiara too. This talk of flowers is nice but the veil ok the veil from what I have read non Royal women wear the veil going down the aisle. Loved the Duchess of Yorks flowers covering her tiara going in a commoner leaving a Duchess. I think that will be a nice touch.

I do believe Kate will have some lace on her gown, a train is a must but I don't think it will be very long maybe like 8-10 feet. I believe her veil will be long to match the train and that the dress will be covering her shoulders. I don't think it will be a jacket. I honestly think that the dress Kate would WANT to wear will be part of the private event LOL. I think she might be the need to wear what the public expects a Princess to wear to the church event but the party for 300 afterwards I wouldn't be surprised to see strapless and simple maybe even form fitting.

Whatever the case I can't wait to share this day with my Princesses and maybe my 2 year old Prince if we can keep him still enough to watch it when he wakes up. LOL

Kate Middleton to have three wedding dresses? - Telegraph

Kate Middleton to have three wedding dresses?

The Royal bride has reportedly commissioned three dresses for the big day, with two as 'back-ups' in case her chosen gown gets leaked - and Jasper Conran is the latest designer in the frame.

Three? Is that all? She'll be stuffed if all three were leaked!!! Seriously though, I doubt sensible Kate would have three designed - better off having it made inside palace walls with a guard and stout lock on the door to prevent a suspicious looking cleaner constantly dusting the keyhole!

Three? Is that all? She'll be stuffed if all three were leaked!!! Seriously though, I doubt sensible Kate would have three designed - better off having it made inside palace walls with a guard and stout lock on the door to prevent a suspicious looking cleaner constantly dusting the keyhole!

And also, How would the other designers feel if their dresses didn't make the cut. ouch. Interesting that British Vogue didn't use a McQueen at that photo shoot...... :whistling:

It's a shame she has to have "back-up" dresses at all. I wish people would just respect their privacy enough to at least not leak out a wedding dress photo!

It's a shame she has to have "back-up" dresses at all. I wish people would just respect their privacy enough to at least not leak out a wedding dress photo!

Chris your right.I am excited to see the dress Catherine picks,but also I think its fun to wait and see the dress on Catherine's wedding day.

Chris77 said:

Well it maynot be due to respect but so far nothing has leaked and we are about 2 and a half weeks away!!!!

And also, How would the other designers feel if their dresses didn't make the cut. ouch. Interesting that British Vogue didn't use a McQueen at that photo shoot...... :whistling:

Absolutely. Personally, I think there is one dress and one designer and that the whole process has been set up from beginning to end to ensure no leaks are possible. To start off with the less people involved in the design and making of the thing the better. Is it possible that their could just be the designer and one seamstress involved or would more be needed?

Mette Marits dress is not designes by V&R,it its designed by Ove Harder.What are you talking about?Are you talking about Princess Mabel?

will we see all three of her dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom