The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
This dress would suit Kate, but not for her wedding
Unless another, longer train was added, as in the case of the Queen's wedding dress, and that of the Duchesses of Kent and York.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Helvin View Post
Unless another, longer train was added, as in the case of the Queen's wedding dress, and that of the Duchesses of Kent and York.
It's a lovely dress and would suit Kate as an evening dress as no way is even Bridal let alone Royal Bride!

Old 03-31-2011, 04:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate Moss models gown by Sarah Burton who may design Kate Middleton's dress | Mail Online
Old 04-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness

Whoever is designing should be having a blast.Suspense is Kate's middle name.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Whoever is designing should be having a blast.Suspense is Kate's middle name.
Whoever is designing Kate's dress I do not envy one bit. Until she actually walks down the aisle, the designer is going to be eating, sleeping and dreaming about that dress and its every little last minute detail down to the last buttonhole. Very stressful weeks ahead for sure.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Royal Highness

Yes I agree - I am pleasantly surprised by how well the secret is being kept & hope this can continue to the day. Incidentally at what point do you think it will be announced -as we get our first glimpse or earlier in the day?
Old 04-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Commoner

Wouldn't they have to release the name of the designer to the media so they know the details about the dress for the broadcast of the wedding? Perhaps the morning of the wedding? That way, when she steps out of the car, reporters can correctly identify the designer and give some info about the dress.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

So UK Vogue May is all about wedding and how-to-look etc. Here is an ed with a couple of models wearing the latest fashion in bridal wear. From Vivienne Westwood to Dior to Elie Saab.

the Fashion Spot - View Single Post - UK Vogue May 2011 : Natalia, Lara & Freja by Mario Testino
Old 04-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Nobility

I doubt that the correct designers name is given..

Mark my words, it will be someone different..
Old 04-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenngirl4 View Post
Wouldn't they have to release the name of the designer to the media so they know the details about the dress for the broadcast of the wedding? Perhaps the morning of the wedding? That way, when she steps out of the car, reporters can correctly identify the designer and give some info about the dress.
For Charles and Diana, the names of the designers were announced a few months before the wedding.

The Emanuels themselves prepared a press release with information about the dress that was under a media ban or "embargo" as they called it, until Diana's first appearance the morning of the wedding.

This is in their book "A Dress for Diana"
Old 04-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineML View Post
For Charles and Diana, the names of the designers were announced a few months before the wedding.

The Emanuels themselves prepared a press release with information about the dress that was under a media ban or "embargo" as they called it, until Diana's first appearance the morning of the wedding.

Ah! So I guess it would be safe to assume that even if they are able to keep the name of the designer secret till the actual wedding date (Which I'm hoping they're able to do. I love surprises!), whoever the designer is will provide info about the dress to the media on the actual day?

I didn't know that book existed. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenngirl4

Ah! So I guess it would be safe to assume that even if they are able to keep the name of the designer secret till the actual wedding date (Which I'm hoping they're able to do. I love surprises!), whoever the designer is will provide info about the dress to the media on the actual day?

I didn't know that book existed. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!
What was true for Diana and Charles may not be true for William and Kate.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineML

I would think some sort of info would be given to reporters beforehand because otherwise it would be impossible to report,...'uh, ms Middleton is wearing a dress designed by...?...someone?' lol
Old 04-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Aristocracy

In this day and age of instant communication, I doubt that it will be necessary to release the name of the designer or any information about the dress more than an hour or two prior to Kate's appearance. At that point, the name of the designer might become known but specific information about the dress is likely to still be embargoed.

I really doubt we'll find out anything until that dress is completely finished and under lock and key at Buckingham Palace, and even then, I'm not sure we'll find anything out before the day of the wedding. Just over three weeks until we know!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Whoever is designing Kate's dress I do not envy one bit. Until she actually walks down the aisle, the designer is going to be eating, sleeping and dreaming about that dress and its every little last minute detail down to the last buttonhole. Very stressful weeks ahead for sure.
Ditto I am with you ......
Old 04-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Nobility

I have SOOO enjoyed looking at wedding gowns the last few months! Fun, fun, fun! Thanks to everyone for sharing!

I think of Catherine as being so modern, which would indicate a sleek, slender gown. But on second thought, if I had her tiny waist, I would do a larger skirt (more Pr. Grace than Diana) with a waist detail to accent it. It would be a romantic look, and could be done without frills and frippery. IMHO.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Many people think Catherine will choose something sleek and modern, but I have my doubts. I think such a dress will look out of place amidst the grandeur of Westminster Abbey.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Many people think Catherine will choose something sleek and modern, but I have my doubts. I think such a dress will look out of place amidst the grandeur of Westminster Abbey.
Ever since November and watching the discussion about Kate's wedding gown, I've had to smile as I realize there IS still a lot of little girl dreaming of becoming a princess in all of us. I've seen top designers ideas, off the wall ideas and learned about other historical wedding dresses too. No matter what Kate steps out of the car in on her day, it will be beautiful and very uniquely Kate. We'll be talking about the dress for a very long time after as the dress becomes a historical gown. The more I think of it, the more I think Kate would look absolutely lovely in a dress similar in design to William's grandmother, the Queen. It really is a bit farfetched but wouldn't it be nice if she borrowed HM's veil? With the Strathmore tiara (if that is the case) she'd have something of the Queen Mother, HM the Queen and with Diana's engagement ring, something of William's mother. I just absolutely love Elizabeth II's wedding dress and think its timeless.

http://wedding-pictures.onewed.com/e...-elizabeth.jpg
Old 04-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineML View Post

I remember that in the run up before the wedding of Charles and Diana, there was a general sense of diapproval from some quarters that the Emmanuels were 'cashing in' on the honour of designing The Dress. Although they kept the actual dress secret, the views of many courtiers were that Emmanuels were not being 'discreet'. For example, they signed up with Super-Agent Mark McCormack of the IMG group, known mostly for representing various mega-sports stars. The Emmanuels then began to licence their name to various profit making ventures - Emmanuel Leotards retailing for a few £s etc [rather than the high-end dresses and couture they had been known for pre-wedding]. The thinking was that they were actually using their position to make money. [compare this with the feeling currently being displayed in some sections of the British Press that Mr and Mrs Middleton's Party Pieces business is 'cashing in' on the Royal Wedding. Indeed, at the weekend, there was a revelation that Mr and Mrs Middleton had invited various of the Resort staff from Mustique to the Royal Wedding. Some articles were questioning that this was a bit strange, as the 'Villa arranger', 'Tennis Coach' etc were not really in the nature of friends, but noting that the lucky guests would probably 'like to show their thanks in an appropriate way' to the Middletons after the wedding.

I expect that the current secrecy of the dress designer is to try to avoid possibilities of 'cashing in'.

Alex
Old 04-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
... as the 'Villa arranger', 'Tennis Coach' etc were not really in the nature of friends, but noting that the lucky guests would probably 'like to show their thanks in an appropriate way' to the Middletons after the wedding.

Alex
Free tennis lessons and tropical drinks, woo-hoo!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding