The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #461  
Old 04-27-2011, 01:54 PM
MichelleVA's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, United States
Posts: 139
They have posted pics of the Abbey and the flowers. They are greens and whites. I think it is going to be a earthy color theme for the dresses like the Autumn Kelley color green or even a ivory color. Often you pull your bridal bouquet from the flowers or vice versa they all go together and looking at the pics makes me want to see the bouquet and gown even more. I have a feeling that that they really are trying to make it a wedding that would occur in a local church but they are "forced" to do it live in front of millions. I am really leaning towards her not wearing a tiara....PLEASE LET ME BE WRONG!
__________________

__________________
  #462  
Old 04-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: port st lucie, United States
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVA View Post
They have posted pics of the Abbey and the flowers. They are greens and whites. I think it is going to be a earthy color theme for the dresses like the Autumn Kelley color green or even a ivory color. Often you pull your bridal bouquet from the flowers or vice versa they all go together and looking at the pics makes me want to see the bouquet and gown even more. I have a feeling that that they really are trying to make it a wedding that would occur in a local church but they are "forced" to do it live in front of millions. I am really leaning towards her not wearing a tiara....PLEASE LET ME BE WRONG!
Do you mean Royal Casual? HORRORS!!!

I hope your wrong too..... I'm having a Royal wedding sleepover tiara party. If this wedding doesn't bowl me over (or us).... I am gonna cry....
__________________

__________________
  #463  
Old 04-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,726
From the looks of the articles I was reading in the Daily Mail, the dress is already at the Goring Hotel. There was a picture of someone helping load the Middletons' personal affects into the hotel, and one of them was a very long white dress bag.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
  #464  
Old 04-27-2011, 02:45 PM
MichelleVA's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, United States
Posts: 139
NO it can't be Royal Casual. I will be out at 4am in my Spencer Tiara and my girls will have on fascinators while we have scones and tea for breakfast on my Grandma's China. We got up at 4am when I was 6 to watch Charles and Diana get married. Katherine will be a beautiful bride no matter what dress she wears but she needs to step it up and be a beautiful Princess Bride.

Oh I would so love to be a cleaning lady and sneak in and take a peek at the gown....it is probably under 24 hour security watch!
__________________
  #465  
Old 04-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Catharina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 541
I wish Catherine would pick something with a really nice corset bodice and a sort of an A-line skirt with some beautiful detailing. I'd also be happy with a straighter lined skirt that is gathered at the back. No ruffles or too much detailing but clean lines and something to spice it up. I saw a beautiful hairstyle by Lino Carbosiero on a British TV documentary about the preparations for the wedding and I'm hoping she would go with that, a beautiful tiara and a simple veil.

Something like this with long sleeves might be nice:

http://p.dresstimes.com/WD/Akita/Akita.jpg

The fabric of the skirt could be nicer of course and draped more nicely than in this gown but you get the idea. I also like this one:

http://image.confetti.co.uk/i/fashio...berlin_475.jpg

It would have to have some sleeves of course, since I believe long sleeves would be required.
__________________
  #466  
Old 04-27-2011, 03:13 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVA View Post
They have posted pics of the Abbey and the flowers. They are greens and whites. I think it is going to be a earthy color theme for the dresses like the Autumn Kelley color green or even a ivory color. Often you pull your bridal bouquet from the flowers or vice versa they all go together and looking at the pics makes me want to see the bouquet and gown even more. I have a feeling that that they really are trying to make it a wedding that would occur in a local church but they are "forced" to do it live in front of millions. I am really leaning towards her not wearing a tiara....PLEASE LET ME BE WRONG!
I think you are right MichelleVA. I hope my intuition about no tiara is wrong.
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #467  
Old 04-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 629
i think its going to be a Princess Letizia type dress. Don't know why, but i just think so...its going to be sleek and long.
__________________
  #468  
Old 04-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,227
how coverd do you think the dress meed to be, does it need to have loong sleeves or could it have bare arms like crown princess victoria of swedens dress?
__________________
  #469  
Old 04-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Lady Ann's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IN THE CITY, United States
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
From the looks of the articles I was reading in the Daily Mail, the dress is already at the Goring Hotel. There was a picture of someone helping load the Middletons' personal affects into the hotel, and one of them was a very long white dress bag.

I saw that it was a very small garment bag... yes long but if that was the dress.. it
be a very fitted one.. I cant seem to find the stroy again to post the picture you still got it??
found it ....


http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royal-w...5875-23090730/
__________________
Lady Ann
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face…~ George Eliot ~
  #470  
Old 04-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Catharina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I saw that it was a very small garment bag... yes long but if that was the dress.. it
be a very fitted one.. I cant seem to find the stroy again to post the picture you still got it??
found it ....


Kate Middleton's dad arrives with dresses ahead of royal wedding - picture - mirror.co.uk
Somehow I doubt they'd be bringing the dress. I have a feeling the dress has already been delivered elsewhere or it will be delivered but not by the Middletons.

You know, you cannot necessarily 'see' if the dress is a full one or a tight fitting by looking at the garment bag. My wedding dress had quite a lot of heavy silk in it (several meters) and it could still fit inside a fairly regular size garment bag (well, not exactly the smallest one since I am the same height as Princess Diana ). Of course that did not include the farthingale (a sort of underskirt, a hoop skirt) that had to be carried separately. I would expect Miss Middleton's ensemble to be delivered in several bags and boxes as well.
__________________
  #471  
Old 04-27-2011, 04:54 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
From the looks of the articles I was reading in the Daily Mail, the dress is already at the Goring Hotel. There was a picture of someone helping load the Middletons' personal affects into the hotel, and one of them was a very long white dress bag.
I saw the pic of them unloading the wedding attire in garment bags, and I thought I saw a bit of gold peaking out from the garment bag that looks like a formal dress. However, I have doubts that THE wedding dress would be brought in so casually. Considering how top secret it has been, and the fact that the bag doesn't look bulky enough for a wedding gown, I would say it wasn't her wedding dress. My bet is the designer will sneak it in sometime tomorrow in order to let it settle and to steam or press it. The less time away from the designers workshop, the more secretive it will remain.
__________________
  #472  
Old 04-27-2011, 05:02 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Somehow I doubt they'd be bringing the dress. I have a feeling the dress has already been delivered elsewhere or it will be delivered but not by the Middletons.

You know, you cannot necessarily 'see' if the dress is a full one or a tight fitting by looking at the garment bag. My wedding dress had quite a lot of heavy silk in it (several meters) and it could still fit inside a fairly regular size garment bag (well, not exactly the smallest one since I am the same height as Princess Diana ). Of course that did not include the farthingale (a sort of underskirt, a hoop skirt) that had to be carried separately. I would expect Miss Middleton's ensemble to be delivered in several bags and boxes as well.
I agree. However, viewing the pic again I noticed that there is a sheet or some type of fabric that the delivery person is holding over the garment bag. You can see he is wrestling with it to keep the bag covered. There is also something with gold embelishment or thread hanging out. Interesting.

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton and Prince William's final rehearsal at Westminster Abbey | Mail Online
__________________
  #473  
Old 04-27-2011, 05:22 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,843
My bet is they long ago moved the dress into the hotel knowing the days leading up would have tons of photographers and all the rest is family dresses, or maybe outright decoys :) sneaky!
__________________
  #474  
Old 04-27-2011, 05:35 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
My bet is they long ago moved the dress into the hotel knowing the days leading up would have tons of photographers and all the rest is family dresses, or maybe outright decoys :) sneaky!
Mmmmmm....don't think so. I don't think that dress would be hanging anywhere outside of the Designer's studio without security or the Middleton family gaurding it. This has been the best kept Royal wedding dress secret thus far, and I don't think they would take any chances at this point.
__________________
  #475  
Old 04-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
There is also something with gold embelishment or thread hanging out. Interesting
They are just clips attaching a strap to the bag.
__________________
  #476  
Old 04-27-2011, 05:38 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat

Mmmmmm....don't think so. I don't think that dress would be hanging anywhere outside of the Designer's studio without security or the Middleton family gaurding it. This has been the best kept Royal wedding dress secret thus far, and I don't think they would take any chances at this point.
Maybe some one is guarding it- just at the hotel..... I like this secretive stuff, very undercover- lol
__________________
  #477  
Old 04-27-2011, 05:52 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Maybe some one is guarding it- just at the hotel..... I like this secretive stuff, very undercover- lol
And maybe the dress bag they photographed IS the wedding dress. After all we wouldn't be expecting the ultimate mystery dress to be delivered with all the other wedding attire right in front of the cameras. Hmmmmm....very sneeky.
__________________
  #478  
Old 04-27-2011, 05:53 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
They are just clips attaching a strap to the bag.
Okay....darn it.
__________________
  #479  
Old 04-27-2011, 06:01 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,023
The dress could be at the Abbey. Kate goes to the Abbey on Friday morning, gets dressed, is motored back to the hotel in a car with blackout windows. Wearing a Red Riding Hood cape over her gown, she enteres the hotel, goes up to the suite and dons the tiara and heads off to get wed.

OR...the gown is delivered in a meat truck in the middle of the night.
__________________
  #480  
Old 04-27-2011, 06:01 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat

And maybe the dress bag they photographed IS the wedding dress. After all we wouldn't be expecting the ultimate mystery dress to be delivered with all the other wedding attire right in front of the cameras. Hmmmmm....very sneeky.
Oooooh I like it, very sneaky!

QUOTE="KittyAtlanta"]The dress could be at the Abbey. Kate goes to the Abbey on Friday morning, gets dressed, is motored back to the hotel in a car with blackout windows. Wearing a Red Riding Hood cape over her gown, she enteres the hotel, goes up to the suite and dons the tiara and heads off to get wed.

OR...the gown is delivered in a meat truck in the middle of the night.[/QUOTE]


Also very sneaky!
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wedding of William and Catherine: suggestions and musings Zonk Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011 5605 04-29-2011 06:00 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]